JaMDuDe
+69|6816
im a christian, and im better than everyone here at bf2. why cant christians play this game? its not violent at all

Last edited by JaMDuDe (2006-04-03 18:53:17)

JimKong
+31|6681|Ohio
I like joining CGO just to teamkill.
NeoCloud
+0|6720

JaMDuDe wrote:

why cant christians play this game? its not violent at all
Uhhh...if knifing people in the head, shooting realistic soldiers with guns, watching them twitch on the ground as they cling to life is "not violent at all,"  I don't know what violence is.
JaMDuDe
+69|6816
buts theres no blood or guts, bodies dont rip appart or anything, people just fall over when u shoot them. http://christiananswers.net/spotlight/g … ield2.html maybe u guys can look around the site and find the truth
coldtoast
+12|6657|uk
when sometimes people miss the point to the extent its not worth pointing out.., well never mind.. christians can play this game, it doesnt matter.. fact is theres a christian group that plays together exclusively, thats odd - because that implies some kind of connection to what is a killing sim and its all too close to whats really happening in the world. the question as to wether your any good at the game doesnt come into it. Im sure in the xxth century u'd of been a great crusader managing to kill more woman and kids then all ure chums
Inspector_Gadget
+0|6756
Sorry coldtoast (if I read your post right), but not all Christians were crusaders... That was strictly Roman Catholic.  They in fact also crusaded against other Christians... Just to set the record straight and not to put you on the spot.
As for Christians playing BF2, I think it is great, but they, nor any other group, should come across high and mighty on public servers.  If they want a very strict environment, then they need to password protect their servers.  I understand the desire to have a "clean" server where one can game and not have to hear or see foul talk, but don't preach to public gamers as BF2 is not intended for that... All it does is successfully make people mad at (us) Christians.  It is a choice we make being Christians, not something forced...  If you are going to open up to the public, then have no expectations beyond your requirements as stated on the server info screen... This is a game!  Sure there is violence, but it is not real or endorsing anything... Have fun with it no matter what you believe!

Last edited by Inspector_Gadget (2006-04-04 19:23:10)

destruktion_6143
Was ist Loos?
+154|6665|Canada
so if they are devoted christians does that mean u can kill them an they'll turn the other cheek?
coldtoast
+12|6657|uk
i didnt specify a century as theres pretty much a crusade a'going on now. as for violence and profanity? knock yourself out, i dont care. any christian can play this game, i dont mind - they'll just see it as solitare with better graphics or something. Though there is a looming irony whether they acknoledge it or not. point taken about the idea of being kept from all the swearing constantly, but most servers kick for that anyway. kicking some1 for saying damn is just a tad detached from the real world considering the context of the game. i thought it was a fair point, never mind
JimKong
+31|6681|Ohio

JimKong wrote:

I like joining CGO just to teamkill.
Inspector_Gadget
+0|6756
Yep, I see what you are saying coldtoast... Seems, well, kinda paradoxical....
MoonShadow616
Doesn't read the Whole Thread
+16|6660|Japan

Azygos666 wrote:

went there once just to see how long it took them to initiate a kick...they kinda took offense to the whole "Azygos666" thing apparantly. 
ahh crispy bastards...wont they ever learn

-Wolf
You do realise that 666 isn't the number of "Him"..    I'm guessing they don't know that either.. Whats the point having a faith if you don't know one of the 'main' things to do with it... or . "anti it"
sh1tlips
+1|6641|Brisbane QLD

usmarine2005 wrote:

Give them a break, you try being an admin while a priest is playing with your sack.
Man thats some funny shit 2005!
arnica
+18|6719|Sydney
Muhahaahahahahaaa .......
destruktion_6143
Was ist Loos?
+154|6665|Canada
2005 ur speakin tha dirty truth! lolz
Hiei987
+20|6730
I got banned from Christian Gaming Server recently for making jokes about Allah fighting Jesus. I got annoyed with some idiot sniping me out of the chopper at the beginning of every round and not getting kicked.
MaddOps
Who the hell elected you leader of this outfit?
+55|6636
While not a Christain, Mormon, Jew, Buddihst, etc. I have no problem on these "faith" servers.  Then I usually stray away from teamspeak because of disinterest in talking to people in the game and I don't say much in game because typing on a z board sucks.  As long as you keep moving there aren't many problems.  Plus I'm usually talking to someone on the phone and they get enjoyment out of my profanity laden outbursts.

Personal opinion they're good servers and most of these guys play what I'd call fair.  Personal beliefs aside.  I swear like a sailor in a Taiwaneese whore house, but I can do without, OMG!!1!! FAGGOT FUCKERS!!!!1! It's not constructive to the game and I could give a shit less about that person's particular malady.

So they decide to believe Jesus and clean living is their true calling.  Great for them.  I'll stay back with the hookers and the booze.  But railing on them for running a more stringent server and their beliefs ain't exactly fair.  That's like saying everyone on this site and everyone who plays Battlefield 2 is a disgustingly fat fuck, with cokebottle glasses, who works at taco bell, couldn't get laid in a women's prison with a fistfull of pardons, and lives in their mother's basment and is a total momma's boy.  When in reality most of us are average players with regular lives that happen to enjoy this game.  Same general difference.  The servers are clean, there's little to no base raping, light vehicle whoring and I don't have to see OMG CAMPING FAGZ and other "crapchat" fill up my display. 

Just one man's opinion.
Gatistance
+0|6757
Not all Christians are like that, I'm Christian, and i don't give a shit about bad language, and atleast I dont preach servers with God's praise.. Give people a break, We arent all super-stricked about profanity. Stop whining, if you need to swear and bitch, then go to another server.
coldfyre99
+-2|6667
I have no problem with faith based servers. Just faith based people.  Wake up, religion is a crutch for the weak.
JaMDuDe
+69|6816
no its the truth
Inspector_Gadget
+0|6756

coldfyre99 wrote:

I have no problem with faith based servers. Just faith based people.  Wake up, religion is a crutch for the weak.
It is far easier (for you) to close your eyes to the truth. IMO

Last edited by Inspector_Gadget (2006-04-09 06:58:54)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard