nickb64
formerly from OC (it's EXACTLY like on tv)[truth]
+77|5603|Greatest Nation on Earth(USA)
Will they work together???

I was thinking about either buying 1942 Complete Collection for $10 for the new rig I hope to get soon, or using my old copy of it, if possible.

Will it work?

I will be getting upgrade to Windows 7: Home Premium after it comes out, due to tech guarantee from MS, if that makes a difference when I get that...
spectraman
+27|6765
You should be able to run 1942 with no problems, I haven't had any issues with vista 64.
BVC
+325|6688
For what its worth, I can tell you that 1942 works on Win 7 32-bit ver.  Yes, I got the wrong ver and now its too late

Just to be on the safe side, run the installer and game as administrator, or even in XP SP2 compatability mode.  Also, if you strike problems with punkbuster then try the following link:
http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=pbsvcfaq.php

Just make sure you run than program as admin also.

Hope this helps!
BVC
+325|6688
Further,

The 32-bit ver appears to be able to use only 4GB in total, just like vista (some rumours suggested it worked around the 32-bit/4GB limit).

I have 4GB at home, with a 512MB video card, and windows can only see ~3.3GB of RAM.

I've yet to try running Battlecraft (BF1942 map editor) or Teamspeak/Ventrilo in Win7, but I can't imagine these will have any problems.

Last edited by Pubic (2009-08-26 13:40:44)

.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6446|The Twilight Zone

Pubic wrote:

Further,

The 32-bit ver appears to be able to use only 4GB in total, just like vista (some rumours suggested it worked around the 32-bit/4GB limit).

I have 4GB at home, with a 512MB video card, and windows can only see ~3.3GB of RAM.

I've yet to try running Battlecraft (BF1942 map editor) or Teamspeak/Ventrilo in Win7, but I can't imagine these will have any problems.
3.3GB is max on 32 bit OS
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
Bop
+1|5353
The game runs fine under Vista as long as you run it as administrator. However, 3D sound does not. Even if you use Creative Alchemy to restore direct sound for a Sound Blaster the sound will be "sketchy." (random noises play, sounds stop early)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard