WNBSniper
+2|5577
Ive been wondering how it works. Ive done few dragshots but they were all luck... So when u do dragshots, do u swing ur crosshair across the enemy and shoot it when its in the head, or u swing it very fast over the enemy and shot after it has crossed it? I dont really know, because it seems like the crosshair has already gone over the enemy when u shoot? Need a good explanation
MAGUIRE93
High Angle Hell
+182|6210|Schofield Barracks
search for help on youtube its gotta be there.
robcr9
+111|5997
Just swing across and click, not really much skill in it, looks good. BF2 hitboxes allow you to kill them without even aiming on them. Check some vids and you will see; mainly hintakari or how ever its spelt
WNBSniper
+2|5577
Well yea... I did in many times but all i got is like few kills per a 10 shots, and rest 8 kill assists.. The problem seems to be that I cant hit the head, lol...
andy12
Banned
+52|6673
Just aim normally then?
pauli *wsaf
+23|5802
Naah, its the fastest possible way to shoot at a target one bullet. (in bf2)

If anyone's interested i can add mathematical explanation

the point is to get your crosshair as fast as possible to the target and fire, what happens then is not important, but generally you want to go to unzoom and start moving around i guess

Last edited by pauli *wsaf (2009-02-06 06:38:18)

WNBSniper
+2|5577
Yea, sure. Add a mathematical explanation if u want

Yup I know, and im slowly starting to pick it up. If I swing my crossfire across the enemy, and the head is the last part it touches of its body -> I get a headshot, right? Getting like 50 bodyshots a round, tho my accuracy has increased much after i started learning the drag shots.

"the point is to get your crosshair as fast as possible to the target and fire, what happens then is not important, but generally you want to go to unzoom and start moving around i guess wink"

Yea, i do that and then i jump around everywhere back and forward while reloading the rifle and shoot the guy again
prototype
+52|6327
just play the game normally and stop trying to figure out ways to make your score better.
Rs_Dragongod
+2|6284

prototype wrote:

just play the game normally and stop trying to figure out ways to make your score better.
If everyone did that then these forums wouldn't be so popular or useful..
Rimmer_7
+0|5427|Lund, Sweden
Been practicing this for a while. While the number of "true" dragshots I pull off are still rather few, trust me when I say it increases your aiming speed by a lot.

My latest round:
http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/2629/screen014g.jpg
http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/9924/screen019.jpg

So if you like sniping, you should definitely practice dragshooting.
Haddows101
+7|5394|glasgow/scotland
drag shot does take skill and practice, it does help but u have to have everything else to go with it......practice your movement and learn how to quick shot before tryin to do 'oneshot wonders'.
Barrakuda777
+86|6752|Somewhere near a shrub or rock
My approach was always to try to avoid doing them, if I ended up having to I was usually too close to the action and at risk of being killed.

(snipes a single post and dissapears)

H3RB4L ABU53
+45|5883|123 | 456 | 789 | Δ

Barrakuda777 wrote:

My approach was always to try to avoid doing them, if I ended up having to I was usually too close to the action and at risk of being killed.

(snipes a single post and dissapears)

Exactly the way I play, I could either go close-mid range and use dragshots and get a load of kills but risk dying or getting ganged up on, or I could play ranged and get next to no deaths but get less kills, thing with dragshots is people try to force them when they no nothing about it it will only make you worse, like haddows said practice quickshots and movement once you mastered that then dragshooting will come naturally by aiming at target as fast as you can, only useful in close range you will get a lot more hits at mid-long range if you aim precisely at their head instead of dragshooting to the head, I used to play UT2004 I still do sometimes I only played instagib ctf on that it helps millions on quick reaction times and dragshooting
Spectre*
envision, v4|, [cMc]
+5|5365|Atlanta, Georgia
I think dragshots are all luck.  Almost every video of dragshots shows single kill compliations, if there were more linked kills, I'd give some props.
thepilot91
+64|6252|Åland!

Spectre* wrote:

I think dragshots are all luck.  Almost every video of dragshots shows single kill compliations, if there were more linked kills, I'd give some props.
hintakaari? sacriss?
Spectre*
envision, v4|, [cMc]
+5|5365|Atlanta, Georgia
There are a few exceptions, Hintakaari is really good, not only at dragshots but anticipating where to shoot and he reacts hella fast. But most people are no where near this good + the reg in this game makes it even worse.

Last edited by Spectre* (2009-09-06 14:04:54)

thepilot91
+64|6252|Åland!

Spectre* wrote:

There are a few exceptions, Hintakaari is really good, not only at dragshots but anticipating where to shoot and he reacts hella fast. But most people are no where near this good + the reg in this game makes it even worse.
true dat but what hintakaari does i would defenitly say is drag/jump - shooting , so dragshooting by itself is not all BS but is according to me very hard to learn properly

thx for the +1 by the way

Last edited by thepilot91 (2009-09-07 08:50:01)

Barrakuda777
+86|6752|Somewhere near a shrub or rock
Its easy enough when you get the hang of it.
blacknightdragon
+4|5460
dragshooting is not everything ofc its a nice style, and if u handle it, its very useful in many situations, but you can be a nice sniper without dragshots, quickscopes etc, etc..

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard