Breez
AKA: badhq
+937|6602|Derby, England

Hi Guys I was wondering I see sum TeamSpeaks Don't have I.P but instead they have name.

So Lets say My TeamSpeak I.P is

87.232.32.46:8767

How can I change that to...

-=B.A.D=-HQ:8786

So Instead of I.P I can just give them name and Port.

also question 2.

How can I add Image in top corner of TeamSpeak. I seen few TeamSpeaks with images on,
just havent maniged to figured out how it's done.

Thanx for all the feed back guys Peace Boris
Rakasan
+7|6806|California, USA
Not sure who "them" is, the application or other ppl.  If you're giving out TS server info, I don't think -=B.A.D=-HQ is a valid hostname.

edit:  If you are talking how  can you only enter that, there is a file for host aliases (probably something like lmhost, just search for *host*).  It should have something like "localhost 127.0.0.1".  From there you can figure it out.

Last edited by Rakasan (2006-04-08 02:02:29)

Breez
+937|6602|Derby, England

Rakasan wrote:

Not sure who "them" is, the application or other ppl.  If you're giving out TS server info, I don't think -=B.A.D=-HQ is a valid hostname.
Ok lets look at sumthing here Like bf2s.com TeamSpeak it dosent have I.P this is the I.P for BF2s.com TeamSpeak

gibson.bf2s.com:8767

Like you see it dosent have numbers it has name and port u put that in TeamSpeak I.P box it will connect you to Bf2s.com TeamSpeak

as for image adding to teamSpeak I have found it But it's in german :-(

Like This

Optionen:
TSCC ist die Standardmethode zur Videokompression /-dekompression bei Camtasia Recorder. Obwohl der Standard-Codec jederzeit durch einen gängigen Windows Codec ersetzt werden kann, empfehlen wir Ihnen, TSCC bei jeder Aufnahme mit Camtasia Recorder zu verwenden. Sie können den Codec immer noch später in Camtasia Producer ändern, falls nötig.

Jeder, der ein Video betrachten möchte, das mit TSCC komprimiert wurde, muss ebenfalls TSCC auf seinem System installiert haben. Der Codec kann kostenfrei, ohne Beschränkungen oder Lizenz benutzt und verteilt werden.

Verwenden Sie eine der folgenden Methoden, um den TechSmith Screen Capture Codec weiterzugeben:

Die Funktion Pack and Show bündelt Ihren Film zusammen mit dem notwendigen Codec TSCC in einer einzigen ausführbaren Datei.

Geben Sie eine Kopie des Installationsprogrammes tscc.exe weiter. Sie finden es auf der Camtasia Studio CD-ROM und auf unserer Webseite. Kopieren Sie tscc.exe auf dasselbe Medium, auf dem die Verteilung Ihrer Filme untergebracht ist. Weisen Sie den Installer an, beides zur gleichen Zeit zu installieren, oder fordern Sie den Betrachter dazu auf.

Werden TSCC-komprimierte Inhalte über das Internet weitergegeben, so steht eine ActiveX-Kontrolle zur Verfügung (in der Datei TSCCinst.txt des Codecs). Eingebettet in die Webseite, installiert sie automatisch TSCC, wenn ein Benutzer durch Microsoft Internet Explorer auf dieser Seite landet. Diese wenig umfangreiche Kontrolle überprüft, ob TSCC installiert oder aktualisiert werden muss und führt die notwendigen Schritte aus.
I don't Speak German :-(
Rakasan
+7|6806|California, USA
^^yeah, but gibson.bf2s.com is valid vs -=B.A.D=-HQ
Breez
+937|6602|Derby, England

Rakasan wrote:

^^yeah, but gibson.bf2s.com is valid vs -=B.A.D=-HQ
Ok Now you lost me ? explain please ?
Rakasan
+7|6806|California, USA
Okay, you foos made me boot up winblowz, LOL. 

badhq:  a valid host name that is known by DNS servers, so other ppl can connect to that host

It isn't lmhost, it's something like C:\WINNT\system32\drivers\etc\hosts (this is on W2K and may be different in XP, but pretty sure it has the "hosts" file)

In hosts file I had something like

--start file

# Copyright (c) 1993-1999 Microsoft Corp.
#
# This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows.
#
# This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host names. Each
# entry should be kept on an individual line. The IP address should
# be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name.
# The IP address and the host name should be separated by at least one
# space.
#
# Additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on individual
# lines or following the machine name denoted by a '#' symbol.
#
# For example:
#
#      102.54.94.97     rhino.acme.com          # source server
#       38.25.63.10     x.acme.com              # x client host

127.0.0.1       localhost
87.232.32.46  =B.A.D=-HQ

--end file

which works for that PC containing the file.  The 1st "-" in -=B.A.D=-HQ might be an issue if pinging.  Try it, it works.

C:\>ping =B.A.D=-HQ

Pinging =B.A.D=-HQ [87.232.32.46] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 87.232.32.46: bytes=32 time=187ms TTL=113

Last edited by Rakasan (2006-04-08 02:42:06)

Breez
+937|6602|Derby, England

Rakasan wrote:

Okay, you foos made me boot up winblowz, LOL. 

badhq:  a valid host name that is known by DNS servers, so other ppl can connect to that host

It isn't lmhost, it's something like C:\WINNT\system32\drivers\etc\hosts (this is on W2K and may be different in XP, but pretty sure it has the "hosts" file)

In hosts file I had something like

--start file

# Copyright (c) 1993-1999 Microsoft Corp.
#
# This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows.
#
# This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host names. Each
# entry should be kept on an individual line. The IP address should
# be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name.
# The IP address and the host name should be separated by at least one
# space.
#
# Additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on individual
# lines or following the machine name denoted by a '#' symbol.
#
# For example:
#
#      102.54.94.97     rhino.acme.com          # source server
#       38.25.63.10     x.acme.com              # x client host

127.0.0.1       localhost
87.232.32.46  =B.A.D=-HQ

--end file

which works for that PC containing the file.  The 1st "-" in -=B.A.D=-HQ might be an issue if pinging.  Try it, it works.

C:\>ping =B.A.D=-HQ

Pinging =B.A.D=-HQ [87.232.32.46] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 87.232.32.46: bytes=32 time=187ms TTL=113
Thanx for that me is gona try that

do u have solution for my Question 2 bro ? adding Image in TeamSpeak ?

Thanx for reply everyone Peace Boris
Rakasan
+7|6806|California, USA
not sure about #2
doxed
+21|6616

badhq wrote:

Hi Guys I was wondering I see sum TeamSpeaks Don't have I.P but instead they have name.
if you edit your hosts file, the new hostname will only work for you. everyone else will still have to manually type in the IP address.

well there are a few ways you can do this. bf2s does it using their own DNS. they added a CNAME to their DNS to have gibson.bf2s.com point to their TS IP address. if you have your own domain/DNS you can do this without much trouble. if you don't you can use a free DNS provider(dyndns/xname/freedns) to accomplish this. it won't be "-=B.A.D=-HQ" as that's not a valid hostname so if you use one of those providers it will be something like badhq.dyndns.org:8786.
Breez
+937|6602|Derby, England

doxed wrote:

badhq wrote:

if you edit your hosts file, the new hostname will only work for you. everyone else will still have to manually type in the IP address.

well there are a few ways you can do this. bf2s does it using their own DNS. they added a CNAME to their DNS to have gibson.bf2s.com point to their TS IP address. if you have your own domain/DNS you can do this without much trouble. if you don't you can use a free DNS provider(dyndns/xname/freedns) to accomplish this. it won't be "-=B.A.D=-HQ" as that's not a valid hostname so if you use one of those providers it will be something like badhq.dyndns.org:8786.
I belive we have or own dns so Im cool on that :-) Do u also know how to add image on TeamSpeak ?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard