Bevo
Nah
+718|6667|Austin, Texas
6-8 weeks isn't bad at all. Talk often but don't be super attached. Go out and do stuff. You're allowed to have fun without your girlfriend, just don't do stupid stuff and you'll be golden.

I thought this was going to be 8-10mo for college.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6795

Holy shit, you guys managed 2.5 whole weeks without each other? 8 weeks is fine, it's when it's 8 months it's an issue.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5847|College Park, MD

Bevo wrote:

6-8 weeks isn't bad at all. Talk often but don't be super attached. Go out and do stuff. You're allowed to have fun without your girlfriend, just don't do stupid stuff and you'll be golden.

I thought this was going to be 8-10mo for college.
It's for college, but I like my family so obviously I'll be going back to DC for Thanksgiving and probably Winter break.

Anyway thanks for the reassurances guys.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
tazz.
oz.
+1,338|6320|Sydney | ♥

Problem: She has balls.
everything i write is a ramble and should not be taken seriously.... seriously.
Lai
+186|6297

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

Zimmer wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

Anyone got tips for a long distance relationship? And by long distance I mean she's in DC and I'm in California. We're both dedicated to each other, and trust each other more than the President is trusted with nuclear launch codes. I really want to make it work, as does she.
Er. How long will this be for?
6 or 8 weeks.
6 or 8 weeks,.. *chuckle

Really you can manage six to eight weeks? If your relationship can't even stand that, you're not so dedicated as you claim. Seriously it's not that bad.
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,054|6768|Little Bentcock

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

Zimmer wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

Anyone got tips for a long distance relationship? And by long distance I mean she's in DC and I'm in California. We're both dedicated to each other, and trust each other more than the President is trusted with nuclear launch codes. I really want to make it work, as does she.
6 or 8 weeks. If it helps, she's not promiscuous or anything like that.

edit: We already pulled off a 2.5 week stint of being apart and we managed just fine with only cellphones and emails. But I was just hoping to see what others have to say.
Kids.

Lets be honest. You aren't gonna marry this chick. Stop making out like you were meant for each other and that you know its forever. Everyone's first love is like that.

Take an attitude like that and you are gonna be fine
Metal-Eater-GR
I can haz titanium paancakez?
+490|6418

Adams_BJ wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

Zimmer wrote:

6 or 8 weeks. If it helps, she's not promiscuous or anything like that.

edit: We already pulled off a 2.5 week stint of being apart and we managed just fine with only cellphones and emails. But I was just hoping to see what others have to say.
Kids.

Lets be honest. You aren't gonna marry this chick. Stop making out like you were meant for each other and that you know its forever. Everyone's first love is like that.

Take an attitude like that and you are gonna be fine
And then hate women for the rest of his life. There's no need for him to take a cynical attitude against relationships, just be conscious that nothing is permanent and that you owe it to you and her to try and perpetuate that relationship of yours.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6862|Riva, MD
Wondering if this girl actually likes me:

I was talking to this girl that I've known for like two years that I liked for a long time and two days ago it went really well.  I was in the office hooking up a printer while she was a student aid, and she was telling the lady that I could do ANYTHING with computers and stuff like that and she was helping me plug it in.  And I stayed and flirted with her for like an hour while moving and hooking up and installing everything and then I asked her if she wanted to come help me and the tech guy do computer stuff and she said she wanted to and I ask if she really was considering it and she said yes and it seemed genuine, but she told me to check back in a month when the guidance office didn't need help with the phone so much anymore.  When I had to go she told me to come back and say hi sometimes and then also reminded me of anything I was about to forget and she seemed kind of disappointed too when I had to leave.

And then today I came back in to say hi and I saw her smile pretty big and she waved and said hi to me and said she could've used my help yesterday and gave me this story about how the teacher was being a bitch when she said she wanted to go see the tech guy so she could get me to help her and stuff.  And then asked me what my number was and I gave it to her, and then I stayed and flirted a bit more with her and talked some.

What kind of threw me off, was that she reminded me that I should go finish what I had to do before I got yelled at.  Not sure if she was trying to dump me off or not.  And then she also seemed just a little bit happy when she saw me an hour or two later in the hallway.

And yes, I know I'm over-analyzing again but this time it really seems possible.

Last edited by _j5689_ (2009-08-28 12:08:17)

Eifa
Never regret anything that ever made you smile.
+923|6017|00770
being a girl i don't know if i should comment or not.
No, I don't need an attitude adjustment. You just need to fuck off.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6643

Eifa wrote:

see, it does have its upside . . .
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6862|Riva, MD

Eifa wrote:

That doesn't sound very good if it corresponds to my post
Eifa
+923|6017|00770

_j5689_ wrote:

Eifa wrote:

nah not that. she could just be worried about you getting in trouble. well thats what i'd guess.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6862|Riva, MD

Eifa wrote:

_j5689_ wrote:

Eifa wrote:

nah not that. she could just be worried about you getting in trouble. well thats what i'd guess.
And while I still have your attention: What about the rest of it?
Bevo
Nah
+718|6667|Austin, Texas
Well she sounded like she liked your company, which may or may not mean anything. I don't see any telltale signs of attraction really. There's lots of very friendly girls like that who sometimes give out the wrong idea. I mean, she could like you, but I'd need more.

Ask her if she wants to go catch the latest movie or grab coffee or sit at lunch or whatever. If she politely declines, she's just really friendly. If she says yes, ??? profit. The trick is to be casual. Even if it seems like a big deal to you, it's not, period. Don't build up expectations.

edit: Sometimes they may even go "out" with you even when they're not attracted. Do yourself a favor and look up telltale body language signs. Often times girls are too outwardly nice and just go even if they don't want to, for pity or to not make things awkward or whatever. What they say with their mouth is not so important, but their body reaction is. "yeah sure I'd love to go" while looking off into the distance is something completely different than the same sentence while looking into your eyes.

Oh, and a big telltale sign that a girl like you: They use your name often when a prefix would suffice. They almost always do that.

Last edited by Bevo (2009-08-28 12:45:12)

Eifa
+923|6017|00770

Bevo wrote:

Well she sounded like she liked your company, which may or may not mean anything. I don't see any telltale signs of attraction really. There's lots of very friendly girls like that who sometimes give out the wrong idea. I mean, she could like you, but I'd need more.

Ask her if she wants to go catch the latest movie or grab coffee or sit at lunch or whatever. If she politely declines, she's just really friendly. If she says yes, ??? profit. The trick is to be casual. Even if it seems like a big deal to you, it's not, period. Don't build up expectations.
You read my mind.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,977|6778|949

_j5689_ wrote:

Eifa wrote:

_j5689_ wrote:

Well it sounds like she likes you, or at least she likes talking to you....she asked for your number, are you too dense to figure that out?  Next time you see her, ask her if she wants to get together outside of school sometime.
Lai
+186|6297
In general I find it almost shocking that most questions in this thread come down to: "does this girl like me?", when the question should really be "do I like this girl?". After all that should be the primary factor in determining your efforts to take.

_j5689_ wrote:

Eifa wrote:

Well that depends, Eifa could be withholding her comments because she thinks you silly for making a big deal out of nothing, or because she finds you silly for not recognizing what is obvious

Personally, not fully knowing the context, I wouldn't make too much of it. However, the fact that she asked for your telephone number is quite a hint. Look at it this way; if she just needed "the tech guy", whenever needed, she could have just called the office to send "the tech guy".
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6862|Riva, MD

Bevo wrote:

edit: Sometimes they may even go "out" with you even when they're not attracted. Do yourself a favor and look up telltale body language signs. Often times girls are too outwardly nice and just go even if they don't want to, for pity or to not make things awkward or whatever. What they say with their mouth is not so important, but their body reaction is. "yeah sure I'd love to go" while looking off into the distance is something completely different than the same sentence while looking into your eyes.

Oh, and a big telltale sign that a girl like you: They use your name often when a prefix would suffice. They almost always do that.
She was never that friendly with me until this year, I've known her for like almost two years and I've liked her before but she wouldn't go to the movies with me.  But these past three days have been way more different.  I've been a lot more confident with her these times, more than I ever was.  And she never asked me for my number before.

And I'm not sure if you meant something other than prefix.  But she did say to the lady "Marty can do ANYTHING with computers" when I was ready to hook up the printer, almost as though I wasn't there, cause I'm not so used to hearing my name in the third person in my own presence, lol.

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

_j5689_ wrote:

Eifa wrote:

Well it sounds like she likes you, or at least she likes talking to you....she asked for your number, are you too dense to figure that out?  Next time you see her, ask her if she wants to get together outside of school sometime.
I want to be as sure as I can be this time.  I was waaaaay to forward with her before, this time I'm playing it safer.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6862|Riva, MD

Lai wrote:

In general I find it almost shocking that most questions in this thread come down to: "does this girl like me?", when the question should really be "do I like this girl?". After all that should be the primary factor in determining your efforts to take.

_j5689_ wrote:

Eifa wrote:

Well that depends, Eifa could be withholding her comments because she thinks you silly for making a big deal out of nothing, or because she finds you silly for not recognizing what is obvious

Personally, not fully knowing the context, I wouldn't make too much of it. However, the fact that she asked for your telephone number is quite a hint. Look at it this way; if she just needed "the tech guy", whenever needed, she could have just called the office to send "the tech guy".
Yeah, she did put emphasis on having me fixing the stuff

Everyone thinks I'm silly for making a big deal out of this kind of thing.  Doesn't mean one has to withhold advice, lol

Is it so bad that I want to get a second opinion, and especially one from a girl herself(on this forum, at that)?

If you were just joking then I apologize, lol
Bevo
Nah
+718|6667|Austin, Texas

_j5689_ wrote:

She was never that friendly with me until this year, I've known her for like almost two years and I've liked her before but she wouldn't go to the movies with me.  But these past three days have been way more different.  I've been a lot more confident with her these times, more than I ever was.  And she never asked me for my number before.
I can't say without knowing the circumstances. For example, the girl I took to the senior homecoming. Hottest girl in the school. We went to middle school together, had a few classes together IIRC and never really conversed much. Nor the first two years of highschool. Junior year she said "Hi" with a big smile in the hallway and I did a double take. We became fairly good friends, but at no time did she really like me. She wanted me to take her to homecoming, and naturally I obliged. It didn't really mean anything however and thankfully I didn't make a fool of myself trying to make a move or anything.

And I'm not sure if you meant something other than prefix.  But she did say to the lady "Marty can do ANYTHING with computers" when I was ready to hook up the printer, almost as though I wasn't there, cause I'm not so used to hearing my name in the third person in my own presence, lol.
It's more of when they're talking to you. Normally people use a prefix, or just omit your name. Like "Hey marty what are you up to?" vs "Hey what's up?". Subtle difference and most people don't recognize it.
Lai
+186|6297

_j5689_ wrote:

I've known her for like almost two years and I've liked her before but she wouldn't go to the movies with me.  But these past three days have been way more different.  I've been a lot more confident with her these times, more than I ever was.  And she never asked me for my number before.
If you've asked her out before and she's shown no interest, go for it! Seriously, if a girl that isn't interested knows you are, she is likely to take caution keep a certain distance. If she then suddenly takes the initiative and asks for your number, well, the tide may have turned.

_j5689_ wrote:

But she did say to the lady "Marty can do ANYTHING with computers".
That doesn't say a thing. I knew a girl who said she could do ANYTHING on slippers, after I recommended her getting mountain boots for an expedition we were going on. I never really spoke to her again after the expedition

Bevo wrote:

"yeah sure I'd love to go" while looking off into the distance is something completely different than the same sentence while looking into your eyes.
The other way around, a girl not saying anything at all or even being plain rude, yet,.. I've never been so sure about a girl liking me, than with one I couldn't speak with at all.
Metal-Eater-GR
I can haz titanium paancakez?
+490|6418

Bevo wrote:

Very true.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6862|Riva, MD

Bevo wrote:

_j5689_ wrote:

It's more of when they're talking to you. Normally people use a prefix, or just omit your name. Like "Hey marty what are you up to?" vs "Hey what's up?". Subtle difference and most people don't recognize it.
Ah damn, she doesn't do that ever.

Lai wrote:

_j5689_ wrote:

I've known her for like almost two years and I've liked her before but she wouldn't go to the movies with me.  But these past three days have been way more different.  I've been a lot more confident with her these times, more than I ever was.  And she never asked me for my number before.
If you've asked her out before and she's shown no interest, go for it! Seriously, if a girl that isn't interested knows you are, she is likely to take caution keep a certain distance. If she then suddenly takes the initiative and asks for your number, well, the tide may have turned.
That what I was thinking.  I hope you're right
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,977|6778|949

This is what you should do-

Wear a leather jacket, pants cuffed up and a pack of smokes rolled up in the short sleeve of a t-shirt that is one size too small.  Strut up to her like you were Mick Jagger at Wembley in '72, slide smoothly next to her as you rest your hand against a locker, cutting off her escape route.  Casually throw the leather jacket over your shoulder, and in the same motion give her a little wink and a "I am undressing you with my eyes" stare.  Tell her (not ask, tell), "Hey babe; you, me, Rocky's Diner tonight.  We'll get some milkshakes then get hot and heavy in the backseat of my Camaro at Suckface Point."  Works every time!

No seriously, be super casual and ask her if she wants to get a bite to eat or something some time.  It could just be that she wants your number for some tech help, so don't get all googly-eyed yet  Act disinterested, but don't be too over-the-top because sometimes it comes off as douchey-ness.
Bevo
Nah
+718|6667|Austin, Texas
I must agree with Kennings. One of the best things you can do also is not be afraid of eye contact. It takes lots of practice and quite a bit of nerve, but you'll come off as very confident. Don't go staring her down or anything, but when she looks at you look back at her. If you're not confident about yourself you'll tend to look down or away. Head up, chin up.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard