AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6151|what

Ty wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Ty wrote:

Michael J. Fox after twenty cups of coffee
Not cool.
Hey, I'm just conforming to the random increase of poor-taste MJF jokes I've noticed recently. I reckon the dude's awesome.
https://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/thumb/6/69/Michael-j-fox32.jpg/800px-Michael-j-fox32.jpg

https://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/thumb/f/f4/Michael-j-fox21.jpg/800px-Michael-j-fox21.jpg

there's literally millions of those ^ jokes, but two is probably enough...
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Bevo
Nah
+718|6519|Austin, Texas

Miggle wrote:

Spoiler (highlight to read):
his fingernails were there after they fell out
they were taped over and bandaged.. look again?
mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6720|Sydney, Australia
I liked it.

CanadianLoser wrote:

OmniDeath wrote:

mtb0minime wrote:

And alien spaceship fuel that also happens to turn people into aliens
Defiantly full of plot holes...

For example, why did they bother trying to fly to the mothership when they could have called it over to pick them up?
Its not like we know how their machinery works.  Maybe only their mini-ship could call the mothership to pick it up.  Although I'm still confused on how the humans were fluent in Alien and the Aliens were fluent in English
Think about it. The aliens had been there 25 years or so... you'd think in that time there would be some element of learning parts of the language.

One of my major 's was:
The sheer number of the aliens. Trying to serve eviction notices to ALL 1.8million of them.. riiite..

Also, I wonder if it couuuld challenge The Departed for the number of times you hear "fuck"?
Volk1917
+2|5387
Spoiler:
I found it more ironic that Christopher Johnson wanted to save his "people" but in turn just left with his son, and left everyone on earth. Granted we don't know if there was anyone else on the ship. Although after second thought it is a build up for the second movie.

And control module, little shit could be like the gas tank for the rest of the ship... idk

mcminty wrote:

Also, I wonder if it couuuld challenge The Departed for the number of times you hear "fuck"?
IMO Departed wins.

Last edited by Volk1917 (2009-08-19 06:15:01)

Brasso
+1,549|6629

Volk1917 wrote:

Spoiler:
I found it more ironic that Christopher Johnson wanted to save his "people" but in turn just left with his son, and left everyone on earth. Granted we don't know if there was anyone else on the ship. Although after second thought it is a build up for the second movie.

mcminty wrote:

IMO Departed wins.
in order to save his people, i'm assuming he has to call in the big guns.  remember how easily that dropship got downed?
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Volk1917
+2|5387
I think what struck a chord with me was that the human were oppressing the aliens in this film. Whereas usually we are used to seeing it the other way around in films.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6536|Long Island, New York
For some reason I didn't like how they called their own ship the Mothership. It seemed...cliche, I guess you could say.
OmniDeath
~
+726|6642

Poseidon wrote:

For some reason I didn't like how they called their own ship the Mothership. It seemed...cliche, I guess you could say.
That's just how it was refereed to in the subtitles. They call it something different but the translation of what they're saying is closest to our term "mothership."
CC-Marley
+407|6827
I liked it a lot.
topal63
. . .
+533|6717

CC-Marley wrote:

I liked it a lot.
Me to. It was more about sociology/psychology than sci-fi. The sci-fi genre was a backdrop/background to tell a tale of human-indecency vs decency. The protagonist had to be thrust into undesired circumstances before he finally found common-ground with "Christopher" prawn, and even then reluctantly.
Archer
rapes face
+161|6422|Canuckistan
The movie was.. good. Feel like it got my $12 dollar's worth.
mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6720|Sydney, Australia

Volk1917 wrote:

Spoiler:

And control module, little shit could be like the gas tank for the rest of the ship... idk

mcminty wrote:

IMO Departed wins.
I looked it up. The Depated, at 237 times, kicks the shit out of District 9, which only comes in at 137 times.
Brasso
+1,549|6629

mcminty wrote:

Volk1917 wrote:

Spoiler:

mcminty wrote:

IMO Departed wins.
I looked it up. The Depated, at 237 times, kicks the shit out of District 9, which only comes in at 137 times.
yeah and wikus has to say it in his weird south african accent so it doesn't even sound like fuck
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Chorcai
+49|6646|Ireland

KuSTaV wrote:

South Africans..... lol.
Makes a change from the USA.
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6472|6 6 4 oh, I forget

Gonna go see this in 4h45 min
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6472|6 6 4 oh, I forget

.Sup wrote:

Independence day>this
looks like an odd movie
No that I saw District 9 I can comment on this, by using the wolrd famous Penn Jillette line: BULLSHIT!
District 9 pisses on Roland "I make only catastrophy movies" Emmerich. Flying to outer space giving a huge damn mothership a computer virus? Well if you think that tops good acting and a way more original and creative plot... go nuts. Hmm... you write that it looks like an odd movie, have you even seen it?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard