The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6643|Cardiff, Capital of Wales
We have the Prem, the Champions League but personally I am no where as interested in those leagues compared to the one my team play in.

Cardiff City Fc currently sit, top of the league, if swine flu kicks into today and they suspend the league we would be going up as champions.

Your right, this probably has a lot to do with me making this thread.  Not really,  The Coca Cola Championship was the second most watched league in Europe last season behind the prem.

It is a very competitive league played at a fast level with a lot of skill but not so much of the prima donna's, you don't get so much diving, hardly any now that Swansea have sold most of their Spanish contingent.

I'll go first, I reckon Cardiff will finish Mid Table, I think Dave Jones will get sacked due to pressure of the fans.  We have a brand new stadium to play in which apparently a lot of the prem teams would be jealous of (not my words) but we are skint.  We have a small squad.

Players to watch out for

https://uk.wrs.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0WTf2uyvItK1DABFldWBQx./SIG=137p6n0gc/EXP=1250758194/**http%3A//www.football-league.premiumtv.co.uk/javaImages/d6/c5/0,,10794~2999766,00.jpg
Michael Chopra
He dosent usually indulge in that kind of behaviour, he scored a hat trick last night vs Plymouth's green aarrrrrrrmy.

https://images.sportinglife.com/07/08/330/AnthonyGerrard_561650.jpg
Anthony Gerrad (cousin of Steven) plays CB, recent addition to the squad, very promising player

And of course others but with the transfer window still open its open sale

So who else supports a team from outside the prem?

Oh and one last prediction.  Swansea to get fucking relegated   'Fuck off - we'll never see you again, never see you again'
Its worth watching the highlights show that the BBC air

Stick with the video for just over a minute and you will see what I mean
Plymouth 1 - Cardiff 3

Michael Chopra scored his 4th, 5th and 6th goals of the season as City swept aside Plymouth at Home Park.
An injury time 2nd yellow card saw former Pilgrim Tony Capaldi sent off and from the resulting penalty Gow scored a consolation goal.

Chopra put City 1 up as early as the 4th minute. The game then went another 75 mins before Chops stole in to round the Argyle keeper to poke home his and City's second.

5 mins from time and Chris Burke was upended and Chopra scored past the static Larrieu to make it 3 - 0.

Chopra and City are now the leading scorers in the Champonship.

Capaldi's red card was a blow but did not take the shine off a fine win and sets up a cracking tie this Sunday.

Cardiff City v Bristol City.
Ko 1:15pm.
Live on Sky Sports.
The passion will be slightly under what you can expect for Cardiff vs Swansea

Latest Table
http://www.skysports.com/football/leagu … 87,00.html
Amdi Peter
peut-ĂȘtre
+111|5518|paris
Meh, Oxford United is still in the Blue Square Permier..

I still remember when we were in league one.

Amdi Peter wrote:

Meh, Oxford United is still in the Blue Square Permier..

I still remember when we were in league one.
I've watched them at Cardiff before now, other than the premiership I have seen most teams in England live.  Used to be a good side etc.

One of our boys went there a few years ago on loan and did well Matt Greene perhaps?

How far away from a return to the bigger leagues are they?
Amdi Peter
peut-ĂȘtre
+111|5518|paris
We finished 7h last season.

Matt Greene is playing for the club, apparently on loan from Torquay.

Right now we're first after 4 games, 3 win and a draw.

Amdi Peter wrote:

We finished 7h last season.

Matt Greene is playing for the club, apparently on loan from Torquay.

Right now we're first after 4 games, 3 win and a draw.
We are top the league, say we are top the league.
SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6077|Birmingham, UK
Come on Newcastle!

I've got a really good feeling we'll go straight back up. But, will that be best for the club, if we've still got pretty much the same, infact we have a worse squad than last season

SEREVENT wrote:

Come on Newcastle!

I've got a really good feeling we'll go straight back up. But, will that be best for the club, if we've still got pretty much the same, infact we have a worse squad than last season
Shola is ya main man I reckon, he's way too good for this level same for Coloccini.

1927 wrote:

SEREVENT wrote:

Come on Newcastle!

Shola is ya main man I reckon, he's way too good for this level same for Coloccini.
Newcastle won 1-0, Shola scored.
Kez
+778|5673|London, UK
Dagenham & Redbridge, top of League 2, 9 points from 3 games, +8 goal difference... we beat those fuckers Shrewbury 5-0 last Tuesday, perfect revenge for beating us last day of the season and stealing our play-off spot at the last minute..

Keeping Paul Benson was so important, he scored 4 of the 5 goals

Last edited by Kptk92 :D (2009-08-20 05:08:06)

You have only lost the one game this season mate and tbh theres nothing wrong and harm in going out of the Coca Cola Cup at this stage if for eg your in with a shout at promotion.

I will keep an eye out for the Daggers this season.  Who's going to run you close do you reckon?
SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6077|Birmingham, UK
Newcastle won!

!!!
Kez
+778|5673|London, UK

1927 wrote:

I will keep an eye out for the Daggers this season.  Who's going to run you close do you reckon?
Notts County, definately. Even though they lost midweek to Chesterfield, they're still a force in League 2.

Oh, and I have a feeling about Rotherham. They didn't do as well last year because they had a points deduction at the start of that season, but this year they're on a clean slate, and have 6 points from their 3 games.

Edit: Speaking of Notts County, guess who the Daggers' next game is against? - Notts County away

Last edited by Kptk92 :D (2009-08-20 05:46:51)

Kptk92 wrote:

1927 wrote:

Notts County, definately. Even though they lost midweek to Chesterfield, they're still a force in League 2.

Oh, and I have a feeling about Rotherham. They didn't do as well last year because they had a points deduction at the start of that season, but this year they're on a clean slate, and have 6 points from their 3 games.

Edit: Speaking of Notts County, guess who the Daggers' next game is against? - Notts County away
Has Kasper Schmeical signed for them?

Sol Campball been offered a player/coach role and a match of his current wage.
Kez
+778|5673|London, UK

1927 wrote:

Kptk92 wrote:

1927 wrote:

Has Kasper Schmeical signed for them?

Sol Campball been offered a player/coach role and a match of his current wage.
Yeah I've heard Schmeichel signed for them, good deal there for Notts County, he's going to be a top class keeper in League 2.. but Dagenham have Tony Roberts, who holds the distinction of being the only goalkeeper ever to score a goal in an FA Cup tie!!
Tony Roberts was a great keeper for us, I think he saved a Penalty vs Man City back early 90's.  We went on to win, my first ever city game.

He's 40 I think.
Kez
+778|5673|London, UK
Yep he's 40, still going strong!
SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6077|Birmingham, UK
So i heard Newcastle won today.
Idlewild
Disrupted Logic
+71|6298|Londawn

SEREVENT wrote:

So i heard Newcastle won today.
wank ref.
Switch
Knee Deep In Clunge
+489|6433|Tyne & Wear, England
Chopra really is on fire, I think your lot might get promotion this season 27.
Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.
CammRobb
Banned
+1,510|6100|Carnoustie MASSIF
So I heard Kenwin Jones is going to Milan, Mourinho was so impressed with the deftness of his goal yesterday he's prepared to pay 35 million
Switch
Knee Deep In Clunge

SirSchloppy wrote:

So I heard Kenwin Jones is going to Milan, Mourinho was so impressed with the deftness of his goal yesterday he's prepared to pay 35 million
Ferk off.

Kez
+778|5673|London, UK
Urgh, Daggers lost 3-0 to Notts County

^^ And guys, this isn't Premier League, it's the lower leagues so gtfo with your silly Premier League chat
Switch
Knee Deep In Clunge
You can ferk off too.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard