The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6643|Cardiff, Capital of Wales
I don't know wether this should go into the console section or not, I suppose there are arguments for both.

The Ashes 2009 is soon to be released.  They have a wii version.  I bought the wii hoping one day they will have a cricket game out for it, I play cricket myself and If I forgot to mention I'm fucking shit hot at it aswell, but like last Saturday the South Wales (the uk one) weather is bound to piss on ya chips every now and then.  If I buy this (I will) then fuck the weather, fuck getting dressed, I can even bat with a spliff in my mouth if I want, Im gonna get me a game of cricket (also available in America).

This is a bit about it: http://www.game.co.uk/Wii/Sport/~r34253 … cket-2009/

Some more bollocks about the game and screenies and video http://uk.gamespot.com/wii/sports/ashes … e=previews

I havent been this excited over a frigging computer game for ages.  Im just as excited at them bringing out improved versions in the future.

I don't have a wii, my housemates do and so does the gf but fuck em, Im buying the game and I will play it.  We already play corridor cricket in my house with a hard foam bat and ball but this is even safer.  I will do my own commentary for it aswell.
SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6077|Birmingham, UK
I might get it for the Wii too!
eskimo_sammyjoe
Did someone say tea?
+112|6204|S.A. Australia
I dont want to burst your bubble 27, but knowing the Wii games so far, I don't hold high hopes for a Cricket game on it.  As much as I'd want it to be good, I can't shake the sense of dread that it just won't work, setting a bad example for future cricket games.  That said I'm happily going to buy it for the 360, and I might just rent it for Wii to test it out.
Serious Flex
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6678|England. Stoke
I have the demo on the PC (it's limited to 3 overs batting/bowling but you can easily find a crack to allow you to play as many as you want) and it's pretty good, although I think my mate is gonna get for the PS3 so probably gonna play it most on that, it'll be just like the good old days of playing Brian Lara, drink beer and having a smoke whilst slaughtering all opposition

eskimo_sammyjoe wrote:

I dont want to burst your bubble 27, but knowing the Wii games so far, I don't hold high hopes for a Cricket game on it.  As much as I'd want it to be good, I can't shake the sense of dread that it just won't work, setting a bad example for future cricket games.  That said I'm happily going to buy it for the 360, and I might just rent it for Wii to test it out.
I reckon so aswell to some extent.  The characters do look cartoon'ey but thats the wii and I dont mind that if it handles well and responds to the remotes well.  As I said hopefully the one after this will be perfect if almost perfect if this one isn't.
eskimo_sammyjoe
Did someone say tea?
+112|6204|S.A. Australia
Hell I wouldnt mind playing using stick figures if the Wiimote actually works well enough.  Hopefully the bowling system is good too...I can just see me charging down the hallway way now, Wiimote in hand to deliver a beautiful inswinging yorker :p
Serious Flex

eskimo_sammyjoe wrote:

Hell I wouldnt mind playing using stick figures if the Wiimote actually works well enough.  Hopefully the bowling system is good too...I can just see me charging down the hallway way now, Wiimote in hand to deliver a beautiful inswinging yorker :p
'Gottttttttt 'im, fuck off ya out' and ya Grandma spits her tea across the living room

Picture it: You plug the wii in, tap the buttons, put the remote down, ya Mum looks up to see you go to the door, open it, clear boxes from the hall into the cupboard, move things out the way, she looks up from 'Tv Quick' which she is reading and asks 'Wtf you doing'?

'We're bowling Mum, their fucking 'avin it'.

The good thing about this I suppose is I can be all 'my ball my game' with it, ie, I wanna open the bowling, have my 10 overs, put the pads on and keep for the final overs and then open the batting.  They won't let me do it on a Saturday, I could of yest but glad I didnt (the nasty twats digging it in short on astroturf).
eskimo_sammyjoe
Did someone say tea?
+112|6204|S.A. Australia

1927 wrote:

eskimo_sammyjoe wrote:

'Gottttttttt 'im, fuck off ya out' and ya Grandma spits her tea across the living room

Picture it: You plug the wii in, tap the buttons, put the remote down, ya Mum looks up to see you go to the door, open it, clear boxes from the hall into the cupboard, move things out the way, she looks up from 'Tv Quick' which she is reading and asks 'Wtf you doing'?

'We're bowling Mum, their fucking 'avin it'.

The good thing about this I suppose is I can be all 'my ball my game' with it, ie, I wanna open the bowling, have my 10 overs, put the pads on and keep for the final overs and then open the batting.  They won't let me do it on a Saturday, I could of yest but glad I didnt (the nasty twats digging it in short on astroturf).
Fuck I hate batting on astroturf, luckily Im a bowler then

I can just see someone putting the wiimote through a TV as well, or having it fly through a window from a poorly executed pull...at least it still keeps with the tradition of broken windows while playing cricket alive...
Serious Flex
Im a bowler but they brought the prick back on 2 balls before I went in.  Im an opening bowler who swings his tits off when I'm batting.  Fuck blocking and getting out, swing for everything, I either score quickly or get out quickly.  '6 or sticks'

I play corridor cricket when my kid comes over, you can get this foam bat n ball which is quite hard, I can bounce her, smack her in the chops and she'll laff 'Rock the baby Moll, get ya elbow high'.

'Shurrup Dad ya dick head and pitch it up' - How can I argue with that.

This foam stuff won't break any windows and hopefully neither will the remote.

Its out tomorrow.

Im arguing with the gf, do I ignore the shit by text and buy her presents (£130 ish) , or have plenty of cash and 'The Ashes'?  Likelyhood as normal/always I will sort things out with her in just a few days.  Her birthday is Monday. ..... I should do a poll really.
eskimo_sammyjoe
Did someone say tea?
+112|6204|S.A. Australia
I'm very similar both in opening the bowling and being an average batter, but I have accidently put together a well constructed innings once or twice in my time

As far as the gf thing goes, theres no point asking me, because as a cricket freak Im going to say get the Ashes every time, and doing a poll is pointless because the yanks etc dont get how awesome cricket is :p
Serious Flex
Played it Friday night 8/10

What I dont like is how you can stand there and just dispatch every ball for 6 regardless of how you bowl it.  Batting can be akward, you dont get much time to set yaself up but its ok.

Bowling is good, having to 'wank' the remote pad is annoying just to shine the ball.

The commentry is good and how the commentators come and go from the box.

Its annoying how the fielders throw the ball into the stumps everytime they throw to the bowlers end, they tend to catch simple catches too often aswell, but maybe you have to hit the 'B' button.

Mollie picked ip up and played ok with it (bowling) but I think she would struggle to do the same batting.

I recommend it but as expected there are few issues that need ironing out.

Its a good game.

I currently have Australia bowled out for 60, and Vaughan is on 200*, so it can be very un-realistic.  Day 1 of the series in Cardiff.
eskimo_sammyjoe
Did someone say tea?
+112|6204|S.A. Australia

1927 wrote:

I currently have Australia bowled out for 60, and Vaughan is on 200*, so it can be very un-realistic.
Bahaha, nice.  Sounds like I'll need to go pick it up soon
Serious Flex
Any of you got this yet?

Do any of you need any help, Im ya fucking man.

I won the first test in Cardiff, and batted first in the 2nd test.  I declared on 798-8.  I currently have Strayer on 53-3 in their first innings, they'll be praying it pisses down and they can run for cover.

Ive finally clicked how to hit 6's and its piss easy.  Hit the B/trigger as you swing for the ball thats it.  I was holding B as the fella came in to bowl and was just smacking 4's everywhere.  I can even stick it out the ground on a bouncer.  I should take photo's on my phone and upload them to show the carnage I am causing.  Mitchell Johnson was 303 - 3 off his overs (about 13 of them lol).  Poor Brett came off even worse.
eskimo_sammyjoe
Did someone say tea?
+112|6204|S.A. Australia
Still haven't gotten around to getting it, but at least you can feel slightly better about your team before it all comes crashing down tonight
Serious Flex

eskimo_sammyjoe wrote:

Still haven't gotten around to getting it, but at least you can feel slightly better about your team before it all comes crashing down tonight
Yep, dont want to admit but thats one of the reasons of getting it.

I'll show them pesky Strayians a thing or two.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard