Col-Khadafi
+0|6801|Your Mom's House
Seriously, whats the deal with the mobile AA vehciles. The Tunguska and Type 95 AA have these huge dual or quad 30mm cannons, and yet they do less damage than any .50 cal weapon (buggy/humvee/tank ect). Now that stingers suck even more, all these vehciles really have are their cannons. considering the Tunguska and Type 95 cant shit infrantry worth shit (or any vehcile),  Tunguska's nice Radar dish in your viewscreen, thin armor and lack of smoke, you think theyd make thse a bit better. I mean a .50 cal rip right through an heli, anyone who flys helis knows how fast your health bars go down when faced with a .50 cal. You can shoot a BH with 100 rounds from a Tunguska and it wont do shit. So yea, a defenite improvement of the mobile AA would be nice.
Croak
+11|6809|San Marcos, CA
It could just be me, but I think AA missles work better after 1.04. than they did before.  And the Linebacker/Tunguska are pretty balanced and deadly if you know how to use them, and it takes far less than 100 rounds to get a helo kill if you aim properly.
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6852|"Frisco"

Agreed. The AA vehicles main cannons are not only weak as fuck, but they are REALLY innaccurate. I'll take a buggy over the AA anyday.
BudRell
+2|6841|Home

Croak wrote:

It could just be me, but I think AA missles work better after 1.04. than they did before.  And the Linebacker/Tunguska are pretty balanced and deadly if you know how to use them, and it takes far less than 100 rounds to get a helo kill if you aim properly.
Sooo...bet you belong to very small group of VIP-players...because you have that new 1.04 update

(sorry..supid joke..)

I agree. They feel more powerful. But what about turrets on the ships ? I have tried them only couple of times after update but I was feeling like a canary bird in cage waiting for Sylvester...could be because of LAG...
thinner44
+1|6814
'hmmm', I've taken down a BH quicker using a buggy than I have using an AAV, and felt a whole lot safer in a buggy, odd that
96D
+0|6779|Maryland, USA
I would love to see some stationary AAA emplacements, perhaps a dual-.50 setup. The quad-fifties used by the Allies in WWII for air defense would be a bit overpowered for BF2.

Or perhaps a dumbfire SAM as an alternative to the "I'll chase after whatever I feel like" heat-seeking SAMs we have now. The dumbfire SAMs in Desert Combat flew fast enough that you could lead jets and hit them with stunning frequency. And the guided SAMs were downright vicious. Definitely an equalizer for the otherwise-unbalanced air power.
Croak
+11|6809|San Marcos, CA

BudRell wrote:

Croak wrote:

Sooo...bet you belong to very small group of VIP-players...because you have that new 1.04 update

(sorry..supid joke..)

I agree. They feel more powerful. But what about turrets on the ships ? I have tried them only couple of times after update but I was feeling like a canary bird in cage waiting for Sylvester...could be because of LAG...
Hey, cut me some slack, it was late and that pesky 4 key is right next to the 3 key for some reason. 

Anyway, to a good or average pilot, the turret on the end of the ship is spelled "T A R G E T", since he expects it, and bombing or shooting it will also get him a good chance of killing people on the deck anyway.   But the one in the superstructure is usually spelled "D E A T H", since he's not expecting it, he's not aiming that direction anyway, etc.

Seriously, man the forward turret if you're wanting AA kills and to defend the ship.  If you're just looking for a place to hangout before the next jet or chopper spawns, or to take potshots at a passing jet, and don't mind being arty and jet bait, jump in the aft turret.

As far as overall lethality is concerned, the carrier turrets rule..8 missles at the ready (it only takes 2) and a gun that can shred jets in about a second and a half, (and take a half-bar off with each hit).  You just have to know when to take the missle shots and how to lead the guns.

My favorite AA is a Tunguska/Support kit, followed by the forward carrier mount, followed by the Linebacker/Support, and finally the Stinger/IGLA mounts. 

A .50 on a transport or tank is effective enough against choppers, but I can bring down a chopper MUCH faster with a Tunguska gun than I can a .50, and I can lead that .50 pretty damned good.  It's all in realizing how a Tunguska "sprays", and aiming accordingly, so that the entire spread (or more of it) hits the chopper, instead of just one round out of four.  The Linebacker is a bit more teh suck because it fires slower single rounds, but each hit does more damage than the Tunguska guns, and it's better against infantry and ground vehicles as a tradeoff.   And you still have the missles on both to use.
Col-Khadafi
+0|6801|Your Mom's House
Well maybe you can enlighten me on how to hit helis. I just aim at the engine when they're far away, but if they get close enough I aim for the windsheild.
crusaderop50
+1|6845
mostly I use the auto-cannon as a self-defense tool, i deal with the planes w/ missile

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard