SAS-Lynx
Scottish Moderator!!!
+13|6784|Scotland!!!
anyone have any tips on getting these badges...  i h8 the pistol and knife
The Soup Nazi
+18|6796|North Lauderdale, FL
easiest way for me to get the pistol badge was as a sniper.  i would hit my victims once with the m95 and just one shot with the pistol after that counted as a kill towards my pistol badge. 

learn how to switch between weapons quickly and efficiently.  that's probably the best advice you can get.
Ryan_Mercury
"It's Recharging!"
+19|6828
A 16 player karkand is server is nice. Most of the time it's just dumb luck. Learn to control yourself before you shoot. If you see the oportunity to use a knife, do it, and do it fast. If you are behind an enemy chances are they arn't going to notice you for a second or so. Just make sure if you miss you are ready to switch weapons because if you get the sound of a knife hit and they dont die, they'll spin around and kill you.

Remember you have the whole round to do it. Theres alot of opportunitys if you think about it. Use the commanders radar, and you can see nearby troops and what direction their facing. Spawn points are a good place to wait, especially for pistol kills. Maybe even tag along behind a team mate and use pistol shots after your team mate unloaded on them to 'steal' the kill.

Also look for known sniper spots. Snipers are an easy knife kill but watch out of they switch to their pistol.

It might be better if you try and play casually like you normally would, but at the same time, again, be extra observant to the radar and position of enemies. And dont ever walk around with your knife without a target, you'll just make yourself an easier target for someone who spots YOU. Remember it only takes a split second to switch to knife, if you are very close to someone just jump prone and knife their feet.

You might also get lucky if you charge into a group of enemies who may hesitate to kill you whilst the risk of a tk if they miss you by shooting their team mate standing next to you.

You might also get get lucky and those few players who will pull out their knife also and have a knife fight with you, as happened when I got my vet knife badge.

Theres really no solid strategy unless you want to be an ass and spawn camp amongst other things..
spage
Get Claymores, Here!
+7|6782
I got my pisotl on a Wake Island server it was like 22/64 go with medic you can heal yourself, or sniper the slicend pistol and the cover the ghullie suit provide are great fot being sneaky. You could do the same for knife I would have but joind a diff server with some friends and got knife by just going balls to the wall and using nothing but hte knife on a full 32 person Krakand server.
thetafferboy
+0|6787
when going for knife badge couple of tactics:

if u want it asap be anti-tank u get most armour - bunny hop towards people going prone..

or..
be assault chuck a smoke nade at flag and do some stabbin while everyones blind!

use UAV, wait around corners.
maddogjj
+3|6840|U S A
Yeah I got my pistol badge basic and vet on gulf of oman at the hotel site where the enemy was coming through the brick fence, they kept comin and I kept killin em.  Had anti tank kit for the armor and a squad mate who was medic and was slinging med kits at me like crazy to keep me alive lol.  I cant get that freakin knife badge to save my life, got 4 or 5 kills a few maps but thats best I can do so far.
[OBC]Ben
Hotel California
+0|6801|Oakland, CA
I got my Pistol Badge yesterday at Shariqi Peninsula. I found it relitivley easy to sneak up on people, then press shoot as many pistol rounds as quickly as possible at him, it worked fairly well. But i still am struggling with the knife badge.
kontrolcrimson
Get your body beat.
+183|6836|Australia
its easy... late at night..... rounds go for an hour or so....
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6780|PNW

Pistoling: Take advantage of any pistol shots you can get. Aim for the head ala Counterstrike, and especially equip the damn thing when you know your opponent is weakened. You'll rack up that critical 500 for the expert badge in no time. Use the silenced pistol available to snipers or spec ops. It's alot easier to grab headshots with those things.

When a sniper camps on top of a building, you can usually find a sweet spot where their head is barely poking over the edge of the roof. Dome them.

Knifing: Find lone wolves or a group of prone snipers. Watch for people who pull Crazy Ivans (completely turning around to check their back) or for claymore-defended ladders on sniper posts. In 1.3, you can smash these with cautious grenade tosses, though that will give away your position. You can also get easy knife kills by sprinting after loners and stabbing them in the back when they least expect it. Try to find where their commander camps out, if they're doing their job right.

Fallback Method 1: Play on a newbie server.

Fallback Method 2: "Stat pad" by having an enemy medic revive your victim every time you shoot or stab him. Dishonorable, but funny on non-ranked servers. I've pulled it off against lots of people who were TK-camping planes and choppers, with hilarious VOIP results.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2005-10-12 21:23:46)

A-Unit64
King Medic......
+23|6849
I just got my pistol yesterday on Sharqi Peninula, its a great map. Go and sneak up people who camp.............I need help with a knife!!
I can get 5 so kills IAR, but not 7!
dshak
+4|6821
the ONLY badges I'm missing are the explosives and knife, and I'm going retarded trying to get both. I'm about to call it a day and settle for Master instead of First Srgt. Why would they reduce the pistol kills needed in 1.3 to 5 and leave the knife at 7? I don't get how people have so many knife kills in a round... I've NEVER once been stabbed to death by a guy I knew was there or not, body armor or none, all you have to do is keep backing up and keep pluggin is pig stickin butt!

The explosives requirement is high to, in my opinion... and I REFUSE to resort to suicide tactics. I think its the LAMEST thing in the game (outside of bunny hopping) when people C4 suicide you. I have nothing but admiration for the ones who wire the jeeps and jump out, turning them into weapons... that is, the ones who JUMP OUT and don't suicide themselves. I think destroying strategic objectives and bridges should also count towards the badge, I mean, does that no demonstrate proficiency with explosive ordinance????

BAH!

Oh, and I thought the pistol badge was fun when I finally tried it. The unsilenced pistols have the best site. I'm not sure why someone on here said the silenced pistols are easiest to get head shots with, seeing as they do the same damage and don't have any sights on them????
atlvolunteer
PKMMMMMMMMMM
+27|6780|Atlanta, GA USA
dshak:  I'm like you.  I can't get either the knife or the explosives.  I think I've gotten up to 5 kills with a knife, but that was just one time!  I don't know how many explosives kills I've gotten, but not close to 13.  I think I'm going to try laying tons of mines on Karkand tonight.  I read on another thread that that was a good method...
I got the basic pistol on Sharqi using Special Ops.  It's real easy; only took me about 5 minutes.  Since the pistol is silenced, if you lay in the grass, people don't know where you're shooting from!
shortah
Oh did you want that tank?
+0|6780|Mechanicsville, VA
When I got my knife badge, I was on mashtur city (big sniper map) and was runnin around as a assualt.. I would throw smoke to cover myself in large areas.., but I got like 4 knife kills right off the bat cause I ended up gettin in the MEC base on top of the hill where the radar and arty is for them. The snipers usually camp out on the roof right there and I got inside that apartment and knifed a sniper in that room, and than there was 3 on the roof. After that I was just being sneaky and was runnin around tryin to get behind people. Pretty much you just have to be sneaky.. don't be to aggressive try to be sneaky yet conserative.. be patient and more than important KEEP TRYING.. you'll get it eventually.
Major Payne
+18|6788|Netherlands
best tip i can give is to go in a  map called: "knifes and pistol only" after a few minutes you got both vetran but a expert is to hard to do
atlvolunteer
PKMMMMMMMMMM
+27|6780|Atlanta, GA USA
yeah, and then EA strips you of your points for being on a Pistol and Knife server...
LSD_Wash
+64|6822
The best place I've found for getting knife kills without destroying your k/d ratio is on Mushtar City in the building across from the center flag near the mosque.  If the enemy has the square captured, just go to the building across from that flag with the steps and the spawns inside.   (The entrace is around back)  There are spawn points inside and on top of that building.  I just hung out inside that building and occasionally made a loop outside to the roof to check for snipers.  There always seems to be at least one or two up there proned and sniping.  Got 2 side-by-sides on several trips around the roof.  Go all the way around and check both sides of the stairs.  Then back down the steps to check the room for fresh spawns.  If your team caps that flag, try somewhere else, but if not, it's a proned sniper buffet.  Hope that helps.

Last edited by LSD_Wash (2005-10-13 12:35:38)

Tigg@lot
noob on tour
+1|6782|NRW,Germany
I totaly suck at knifing people. Most of the time I miss them and even before I can give it another try or switch to pistol I´m dead. My best result were 6 Knive kills IAR and I almost smashed my keyboard when I had my propably last victim for obtaining the badge laying down, gazing through his sniper scope when the round suddenly ended AARRGGHH

As for explosives my best result were 10 kills IAR but since then there never were more than about 6 Several times I tried to place claymores in narrow alleys or placing AT-mines in front of tank in enemy bases but most of the time they were tripped by teammates...

My final problem is the Engineers Badge. Whenever I try to get it I run around like a headless chicken trying to help people in their tanks or cars obtaining a point but when I arrive they are wether dead or during the last steps I get shot...
Croak
+11|6813|San Marcos, CA
Well, take this for what it's worth, since I never "tried" for any of my badges.  The pistol is just a damned handy weapon with a ton of ammo that's accurate out to long range..use it more often, you'll get the total kills needed pretty quick, and the IAR reqs aren't that hard on the right maps (I think it's even easier since the patch, needing only 5 for basic).  You might have better luck using a kit that forces more pistol use, like AT or Engineer without the unlock shotguns. 

Besides outright killing people, the pistol is damned handy for biting somebody in the ass to get them moving, either taking cover (great for pinning down snipers) or getting them to break cover where a "real" weapon can finish them.  People tend to react to that grunt and red flash pretty quick.

As for the knife, personally I could care less if I ever get that particular badge, I reserve it for a "teaching aid" to instruct enemy snipers in the art of concealment and situational awareness.  And if some goof comes running at me with a knife, I have no problem at all introducing him to my firearm.
A-Unit64
King Medic......
+23|6849
I was like most of you. I couldn't get the explosives and knife! And I still need the knife!
Michael4970
+0|6780
I got my pistol after a couple of hours on a 24/7 Karkland.  It took a while but you just have to keep using it. Try sniping with it. I climb up the smoke stack and parachute down onto the warehouse then jump to the large water tank.  From there you overlook that spawn point. Use the pistol to snipe at them as they try to take the point back.

I think I'm going to forget the knife. I only have seven kills total and I've killed my stats trying to use it on Karkland.
krisspy
+1|6779
I am not sure I can 100% recommend this to everyone, but I received my explosives badge as MEC in Karkand.  I threw claymores at the front fence opening adjacent to the large hill the the USMC come down.  The problem is the team kills for the tools that walk in front of the claymores.  You will get the badge but you will be -20 for teamkills.

I received the knife badge in the same spot, but as USMC.  If you slip down the hill you can sneek up on the guys pinging off USMCers hinding behind the red car or tree.  There is a sure 3-4 kills.

Good luck!
=SA=VaSSiLi
+2|6779
I got both my first pistol badges in Karkand as well, I even got 20 pistol kills in one round there, except because of a typo on a different site, i thought I only needed 100 Global pistol kills instead of 500, so I didnt get the expert badge.  All I can say, is you'd be suprised how much the pistol owns, you can get headshots really easy on guys who are prone, just go prone yourself, and unload on their faces. 

I got both my knife badges again on Mashtur city, on top of the Mosque. I ran up on the Roof, and saw 5, (yes, 5) Snipers, all prone sniping off the roof.  I then stabbed them all, laughing manically. 

Explosives badge I got on Karkand.  I can mainly attribute it to being at the right place at the right time.  I somehow managed to find myself inside a group of about 7 marines.  I threw all my C4 and blew it up. Yes, I killed myself as well, but it was so worth it!
SAS-Lynx
Scottish Moderator!!!
+13|6784|Scotland!!!
"vassili"   got ur name from the film "enemy at the gates" ...
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6780|PNW

Yes, there's a reason why the expert requirements for the pistol badge are 500 global kills. Learn to love the silencer.

As for knives, just find a map with alot of campers. Trust me, and trust my polished little gold badge earned by the accompaniment of that sharp drumroll. I actually have killed more people with knives than with any pistol...

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2005-10-13 20:33:47)

=SA=VaSSiLi
+2|6779
Yes, I did get my name from that movie. Ironically, I hate and suck at sniping in this game.. but you should see me in CS: Source hehe.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard