War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6715|Purplicious Wisconsin

TrueMusou wrote:

War Man wrote:

PooShit3.
Cute
I know ain't it?
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
VicktorVauhn
+319|6393|Southern California

haffeysucks wrote:

VicktorVauhn wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Get an Elite, but wait like...a month. There's a possibility that they might be phasing the Pro out and making the Elite $300.

The reason I asked for your TV is because the Elite comes with an HDMI cable.

Here it is listed now, though: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a … 6868105017
As long as the xbox has an HDMI output on the back of all the models you can get an HDMI cable for like $5 on amazon, so I wouldn't let a cable alone influence you. (I know it has other goodies that are a benefit too)

As far as quality is concered, they are just basic OEM cables that are no less quality then one you would get packaged with random stuff, plus its a digital signal so it gets there or doesn't.... As long as you don't need like a 50 foot cable there should be no bandwidth concerns.
you need the official cable if you want to have digital 5.1 surround sound iirc

but i use a $5 cable since i just use the tv speakers (no sound system yet)
Wait... What?
Either this is bullshit, or Microsoft is bullshit.

a standard HDMI cable is made to be able to transfer surround sound.... If Microsoft went out of their way to make it not work with out a special cable the xbox is even a bigger piece of shit they I thought.
Why do you guys put up with this shit?
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6781|Great Brown North

VicktorVauhn wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

VicktorVauhn wrote:

As long as the xbox has an HDMI output on the back of all the models you can get an HDMI cable for like $5 on amazon, so I wouldn't let a cable alone influence you. (I know it has other goodies that are a benefit too)

As far as quality is concered, they are just basic OEM cables that are no less quality then one you would get packaged with random stuff, plus its a digital signal so it gets there or doesn't.... As long as you don't need like a 50 foot cable there should be no bandwidth concerns.

Wait... What?

a standard HDMI cable is made to be able to transfer surround sound.... If Microsoft went out of their way to make it not work with out a special cable the xbox is even a bigger piece of shit they I thought.
i got mine for $10 at futureshop, works fine

War Man wrote:

TrueMusou wrote:

War Man wrote:

PooShit3.
Cute
I know ain't it?
no
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6743|FUCK UBISOFT

VicktorVauhn wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

VicktorVauhn wrote:

Wait... What?

They put up with everything and like it.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
VicktorVauhn

krazed wrote:

VicktorVauhn wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

VicktorVauhn wrote:

Wait... What?

War Man wrote:

TrueMusou wrote:

Cute
I know ain't it?
no
So you have a non- MS HDMI cable that has surround sound?

Thats good, considering the fact the HDMI cable were designed to carry video and surround sound. Would have been serious crap if they were THAT big of bitches.
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6743|FUCK UBISOFT

VicktorVauhn wrote:

krazed wrote:

VicktorVauhn wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

VicktorVauhn wrote:

Wait... What?

War Man wrote:

I know ain't it?
no

Thats good, considering the fact the HDMI cable were designed to carry video and surround sound. Would have been serious crap if they were THAT big of bitches.
They make you buy their overpriced wireless adapters and hard drives, why not make you buy overpriced HDMI cables? How about an overpriced HDTV as well.
VicktorVauhn

Miggle wrote:

VicktorVauhn wrote:

krazed wrote:

VicktorVauhn wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

VicktorVauhn wrote:

Wait... What?

no

They make you buy their overpriced wireless adapters and hard drives, why not make you buy overpriced HDMI cables? How about an overpriced HDTV as well.

Next they will use a proprietary cable that wont plug into standard TVs, lol.
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6743|FUCK UBISOFT

VicktorVauhn wrote:

Miggle wrote:

VicktorVauhn wrote:

Holy shit, quote triangle much?
13/f/taiwan
+940|5700

Red Forman wrote:

So I have decided to the make the biggest mistake of my life.
Fixed.

360 is not worth it dude. Go for the PS3.
NooBesT
Pizzahitler
+873|6470

Miggle wrote:

VicktorVauhn wrote:

Miggle wrote:

The word you're looking for is pyramid.
https://i.imgur.com/S9bg2.png
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6743|FUCK UBISOFT

NooBesT wrote:

Miggle wrote:

VicktorVauhn wrote:

The word you're looking for is pyramid.
it is isn't it.

I was thinking too 2 Dimensionally.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6539|Long Island, New York
goddamn microsoft trying to make money

horrible business

fuckers
VicktorVauhn

Poseidon wrote:

horrible business

fuckers
dude, you can make money with out screwing your customers into having to buy only your stuff and producing hardware with such high failure rates. Many companies have done it before.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

VicktorVauhn wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

horrible business

fuckers
dude, you can make money with out screwing your customers into having to buy only your stuff and producing hardware with such high failure rates. Many companies have done it before.
except that they extended the warranty for people who got them and spent money out of their own pocket to do it, and the current console chipset (Jasper) is pretty much RRoD proof

so...
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6743|FUCK UBISOFT

I don't get the "It's OK to fuck over your customers as long as you're making money doing it" argument.
VicktorVauhn

Poseidon wrote:

VicktorVauhn wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

horrible business

fuckers
except that they extended the warranty for people who got them and spent money out of their own pocket to do it, and the current console chipset (Jasper) is pretty much RRoD proof

so...
Seriously the fact that they fix fucked up consoles is THE LEAST they can do. They produced a faulty piece of hardware, and they have even given customers trouble over what they will and will not cover. Even then you pay for a piece of equipment that you wont get to use for a few weeks because its in the mail because the manufacturer cheeped out on production.

The new chips are better, but thats not a selling point, that is an accomplishment... Its finally bringing your product up to the level it is expected to perform at, and finally matching the reliability of your competitors. Finally being adequate is not something to be proud of.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

VicktorVauhn wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

VicktorVauhn wrote:

so...
Seriously the fact that they fix fucked up consoles is THE LEAST they can do. They produced a faulty piece of hardware, and they have even given customers trouble over what they will and will not cover. Even then you pay for a piece of equipment that you wont get to use for a few weeks because its in the mail because the manufacturer cheeped out on production.

The new chips are better, but thats not a selling point, that is an accomplishment... Its finally bringing your product up to the level it is expected to perform at, and finally matching the reliability of your competitors. Finally being adequate is not something to be proud of.
and they compensate you for the time it's gone with a live subscription. don't see the big deal.

they fix the consoles that break (and it's not like EVERY consoles gets it), they've made the newer consoles RRoD proof, and you still find a way to argue and bitch. how convenient!
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6743|FUCK UBISOFT

Poseidon wrote:

VicktorVauhn wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

so...

and they compensate you for the time it's gone with a live subscription. don't see the big deal.

they fix the consoles that break (and it's not like EVERY consoles gets it), they've made the newer consoles RRoD proof, and you still find a way to argue and bitch. how convenient!
Ok, the competition also fixes systems that break and offers free online service by default.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

Miggle wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

VicktorVauhn wrote:

Ok, the competition also fixes systems that break and offers free online service by default.
congratulations
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6743|FUCK UBISOFT

Poseidon wrote:

Miggle wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

congratulations
So what are you arguing anyways?
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

Miggle wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Miggle wrote:

congratulations
for someone who supposedly hates consoles you sure love to get into arguments about them

come in with the milk
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6743|FUCK UBISOFT

Poseidon wrote:

Miggle wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

congratulations
for someone who supposedly hates consoles you sure love to get into arguments about them

come in with the milk
well excuse me but consoles just aren't

the way of the future.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

Miggle wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Miggle wrote:

come in with the milk

the way of the future.
yeah, but you have one, so it's like

show me the blueprints
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6743|FUCK UBISOFT

Poseidon wrote:

Miggle wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

come in with the milk

the way of the future.
yeah, but you have one, so it's like

show me the blueprints
Yeah but I hardly use mine for gaming, and anyways

I don't want to get you sick.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard