TheDonkey
Eat my bearrrrrrrrrrr, Tonighttt
+163|5708|Vancouver, BC, Canada
I recently got an iPod touch, and am wondering what apps others have and use often.

The two I seem to always go back to are WordWarp(You get 6 letters and try and make as many words as you can) and UnBlockMe(Block pullze game)
I've never been into puzzles that much, but guess just the pick up and play for 30 seconds anywhere is what gets me at bus stops and the like.

iTM MidiLab is also amazing, I've always wanted to get into some form of music production, but could never afford a Midi controller, but Garageband+iPod Touch midi app = win.

iGlowstick. Need I say more?

NOT IN THIS THREAD:
Bashings about how much the iTouch is a waste of money
Suggestions for "better" players(that may be so, but discuss somewhere else)
iPhone apps, I guess posting a few is ok, but taunting me with all the Geotagging apps is just mean.

kgothx.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5577

itouch apps? The ones that make the farting sounds is always a must.
TheDonkey
Already has XD
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6357|California
Pandora! oh wait you have an ipod touch grrr!
Shazam is good too!
eskimo_sammyjoe
Did someone say tea?
+112|6226|S.A. Australia
The bubblewrap one is a good time waster
Serious Flex
TheDonkey

=NHB=Shadow wrote:

Pandora! oh wait you have an ipod touch grrr!
Shazam is good too!
I'm also Canadian, so I'm not sure about the app, but the website doesn't allow canadians.

And I'm not exactly sure what shazam does... it recognizes songs by the sound, but is that it?
(I have an external mic)

Last edited by TheDonkey (2009-08-05 00:20:22)

KuSTaV
noice
+947|6503|Gold Coast
I dont even use apps anymore. The novelty wears off.

But you should get Copter or whatever it is. Good fun. And LuxTouch or whatever its called. Ive wasted so many hours with that game that it isnt really funny.

Last edited by KuSTaV (2009-08-05 00:21:36)

noice                                                                                                        https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/awsmsanta.png
mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6713|Sydney, Australia

TheDonkey wrote:

iTM MidiLab is also amazing, I've always wanted to get into some form of music production, but could never afford a Midi controller, but Garageband+iPod Touch midi app = win.
Dear god. Thankyou so much for mentioning this. Epic win indeed.
TheDonkey

mcminty wrote:

TheDonkey wrote:

Dear god. Thankyou so much for mentioning this. Epic win indeed.
It's quite literally, the best app ever imo.

Only bitch is on Vista 64 bit, you have to use a piece of commercial software as a Midi driver, so you only get one channel.(Can't use multiple touches for multiple players)

Otherwise, install iTouch app, install the corresponding PC/Mac App, and on Windows PC's install Midi Yoke.

It has a 16 pad drum sampler, keyboard(with modulation control), and an XY pad(useless unless you have a second touch or controller)

They also sell better versions, a DJ app(has basic mixer controls), a more advanced drum pad(you can label the pads and change colors), and some other stuff.
Those are $6.99 I believe.

Just search for iTM in the App store.
TheDonkey
Shameless bump
Bevo
Nah
+718|6512|Austin, Texas
What kind of apps are you looking for?

I have about 5 pages on my phone, constantly trimming them.

Favorites include (excluding ones that need wifi):

Scrabble
Tiny Freecell
Darts
ReMovem
Tap Taps
Flood it
Tap Defense
iFitness

Shazam is pretty good but rather useless if you have to carry around an external mic. There's lots of good ones for the iPhone but I'm assuming you wont be constantly in wifi areas.
Scratch[USA]
+105|6538
Grindr
Smithereener
+138|6307|California
UnBlockMe, Pocket Tanks, and Pinball are the three games that I go back to all the time. The only other apps that I have are Facebook, AIM, Pandora, Score Center and a couple more random utilities/games.

I need to save as much memory as I can since I only have the 8GB version. But I got it for free so I'm not complaining. (Well, I guess I actually am, but I'm still happy)

Last edited by Smithereener (2009-08-11 15:59:58)

Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6529|Long Island, New York
POCKET GOD

bakinacake
HA HA
+383|5977|Aus, Qld

Poseidon wrote:

POCKET GOD

This man, he knows.
https://i.imgur.com/LGvbJjT.jpg
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6315|New Haven, CT
Pocket God and Doodle Jump are both excellent time wasters.
TheDonkey
I actually already had most of those, so nice to know I'm connected to the top apps

The mic issue isn't an issue for me because I use a griffin smarttalk that I have wired through my shirt 24/7 because of Skype and the transport controls it provides.

Because I'm Canadian iTunes is a hoe and REQUIRES me to use a credit card to buy apps, dad won;t give me his so I'm waiting on a friend of his to come back with one.

UnBlock me is Great.

Never knew about pockettanks,  but shall now ALWAYS play it.(I played a really bad knockoff before)

Pandora is USA only

But thanks guys, keep em comin'
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6592|132 and Bush

Xbone Stormsurgezz
Bevo
Nah
+718|6512|Austin, Texas

TheDonkey wrote:

I actually already had most of those, so nice to know I'm connected to the top apps

The mic issue isn't an issue for me because I use a griffin smarttalk that I have wired through my shirt 24/7 because of Skype and the transport controls it provides.

Because I'm Canadian iTunes is a hoe and REQUIRES me to use a credit card to buy apps, dad won;t give me his so I'm waiting on a friend of his to come back with one.

UnBlock me is Great.

Never knew about pockettanks,  but shall now ALWAYS play it.(I played a really bad knockoff before)

Pandora is USA only

But thanks guys, keep em comin'
I agree, unblock me is great for the price (2000 puzzles, $1). I also play word warp a LOT and it helps when I play scrabble etc. I would suggest you pick up Shazaam but you need wifi along with the mic and that'll be pretty situational in an iPod Touch. I also use ESPN scorecenter and MLB at bat for scores and live baseball games. ESPN scorecenter is nice 'cause it's free and you can watch things like gamecast. Very nice for a free app. MLB at bat 09 is $10 and requires a mlb tv subscription (already had), but you can get reeeeaaaallly nice quality live video on pretty much all baseball games. Again probably not worth it unless you already had a sub (or your dad) and you're constantly in wi-fi areas.

I picked up Katamari and while I love the games, it doesn't offer very much replayability for the price. I also picked up Assassin's Creed (itunes gift card) because of the very high reviews - thought it was right crap myself. My friend bought Bookworm for my phone because she loves it, i've played it a bit but it gets stale after a while for $3. I also picked up monopoly on a gift card and it's not bad, but if you get into a long game it can be a serious battery drain. I picked up Krash cart too and it's not bad for a racing game but doesn't really hold my attention.

If you like puzzles/word games there's a free hangman app that I use occasionally.
Luigi
Sniper Whore
+97|6170|Wisconsin
If its jailbroken:

Categories - put your apps into folders
Cydia/Installer/Icy - app downloaders
Five Column Springboard - 5 columns of icons
Five Rows - 5 rows of icons
FML - fmylife
scrobble- scrobbles instantly to last.fm
dtunes- torrent
Remote- control your itunes wireless
Air Sharing- sync files to your ipod wireless
Wunderradio- use the itnernet to connect to thousands of radio stations
Sb settings- many useful tools
Winterboard- give your ipod themes
A better tab to unlock - replaces unlock slider with a button
Different Music Player Skins
Brasso
+1,549|6622

Luigi wrote:

If its jailbroken:

Categories - put your apps into folders
Cydia/Installer/Icy - app downloaders
Five Column Springboard - 5 columns of icons
Five Rows - 5 rows of icons
FML - fmylife
scrobble- scrobbles instantly to last.fm
dtunes- torrent
Remote- control your itunes wireless
Air Sharing- sync files to your ipod wireless
Wunderradio- use the itnernet to connect to thousands of radio stations
Sb settings- many useful tools
Winterboard- give your ipod themes
A better tab to unlock - replaces unlock slider with a button
Different Music Player Skins
just upgraded to 3.0 so i don't have anything on my ipod back yet, but you definitely need "stacks" as well for a jailbroken device

also, i already made a thread like this before, and i've even seen others, lol
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
TheDonkey
Jilbroken, but I already have like 90% of those

https://dl.getdropbox.com/u/42741/IMG_0015.PNG

Stacks I don't really find I like/need.

Categories would be a pain to arrange and I don;t have THAT many apps yet.

Don't watch/follow any sports so those are unneeded for me.

Karmas all around though.
Brasso
+1,549|6622

TheDonkey wrote:

Jilbroken, but I already have like 90% of those

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/42741/IMG_0015.PNG

Stacks I don't really find I like/need.

Categories would be a pain to arrange and I don;t have THAT many apps yet.

Don't watch/follow any sports so those are unneeded for me.

Karmas all around though.
try and find the other threads too, there were good suggestions there
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard