houseofnub
+3|6111|SoCal
So, I was playing on Road Rage and quit to take a break.  A few hours later, I tried to join a server and was informed I had been banned.

Can anyone tell me what this "gamehack" is?

http://www.pbbans.com/mbi-viewban-eb196 … 39166.html
Bull3t
stephen brule
+83|6298
It's clearly a hack.
houseofnub
+3|6111|SoCal
The only thing that has changed recently was I tried the widescreen fixer here: http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=85605

I wasn't impressed, so I deleted the program and now play(ed) in windowed mode. 

I assure you all that I have never hacked.  I'm sure you can tell from my stats.  Is there a way to tell what hack I'm being accused of?
CC-Marley
+407|6825
Put in a appeal ticket with evenbalance.
#50000s - Aimbot
#60000s - Wallhack
#70000s - Multihack
#80000s - Gamehack
#90000s - 'Cheat' Video Drivers
#100000s - Speedhack
#110000s - Autofire
#120000s - Game Hook
#130000s - Attempted PunkBuster Hack
houseofnub
+3|6111|SoCal
I already started the appeal process.  I'm just waiting now.

I was just hoping y'all experts could shed some light.  "Gamehack" seems really vague.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6320|Graz, Austria
According to the author of that widescreen fixer, only version 1.32 is safe to use with Punkbuster as it has supposedly been checked by Evenbalance.
All newer versions are used at your own risk.

Very bad luck in getting banned now, where the v1.50b3 patch for BF2 already supports widescreen resolutions and the final release of 1.50 also fixes the FOV, just like the widescreen fixer does now for v1.41.

I haven't been using the fixer since the first beta was released, as it doesn't work with them. Now I won't be touching it with a ten foot pole.
You might want to inform the author which version got you banned, so he can add extra warnings.
Hakei
Banned
+295|5992
They're really vague in their description, I had a friend who got banned for a red dot program and it came up as a 'multi hack'.

Such a cunt if you were banned for a program that doesn't make a difference, I swear one day they'll ban J2K.
houseofnub
+3|6111|SoCal
I can't remember what version of the widescreen fixer I used, but I'm sure it was whatever the latest.  Unfortunately, I already removed it from my computer.

I don't even think that would have been the cause of the ban, because I had used the widescreen fixer maybe 1 week prior to the ban.

I think punkbuster monitors active processes while the game is running.  At the time I was banned I was multitasking (I prefer to have BF2 windowed now).  I was running Firefox, the Microsoft download manager (getting Windows 7 from MSDN) and LogMeIn (working on a remote computer).

I wonder of one of those was flagged as a false positive.

Btw, still no response from Even Balance.  Does anyone have any experience with them?  How long do they take?
houseofnub
+3|6111|SoCal

globefish23 wrote:

Very bad luck in getting banned now, where the v1.50b3 patch for BF2 already supports widescreen resolutions and the final release of 1.50 also fixes the FOV, just like the widescreen fixer does now for v1.41.
I was thinking that if I am forced to buy a new copy, I might just install the latest beta.  Do know if there are many US servers?  I don't want to update only to have to play on high ping servers.
alexb
<3
+590|5936|Kentucky, USA

houseofnub wrote:

globefish23 wrote:

I was thinking that if I am forced to buy a new copy, I might just install the latest beta.  Do know if there are many US servers?  I don't want to update only to have to play on high ping servers.
*As far as I know*, buying yourself a new copy of the game won't cut it. You'll need a new PC, if its a global GUID ban.
edlT
2+2=Vagina
+46|5395|USA

alexb wrote:

houseofnub wrote:

globefish23 wrote:

*As far as I know*, buying yourself a new copy of the game won't cut it. You'll need a new PC, if its a global GUID ban.
They stopped doing HWID bans a few years ago due to legalities.

All you need is a new CD Key, you can still use your old IP however doing so will link your new GUID to your banned one.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6320|Graz, Austria

houseofnub wrote:

globefish23 wrote:

I only saw 4 or 5 different servers running the latest beta 3 of the v1.50 patch.
Mostly, only the 3 FSFA servers are online, all of them somewhere in Europe, as I get a ~50ms ping on them from Austria.

edlT wrote:

All you need is a new CD Key, you can still use your old IP however doing so will link your new GUID to your banned one.
Can or can't use the old IP?
That sentence of you is worded a bit confusingly.

Last edited by globefish23 (2009-08-12 03:55:01)

RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6561|Area 51

houseofnub wrote:

I was just hoping y'all experts could shed some light.  "Gamehack" seems really vague.
Don't get your hopes up. A clanmate of mine recently got a PBBan, while he clearly hasnt hacked at all. I appealed the ban and they said that they found it not to be an error and would not lift the ban.

EDIT: Looked up his ban, apparantly it was a 'Gamehack' also. Fuckin' PB

Last edited by RDMC (2009-08-12 04:59:30)

Fateless
+36|6239|Jennifer Connellys Pants

RDMC wrote:

houseofnub wrote:

Don't get your hopes up. A clanmate of mine recently got a PBBan, while he clearly hasnt hacked at all. I appealed the ban and they said that they found it not to be an error and would not lift the ban.

Out of curiosity, care to share the name so we can look to see?
RDMC
+736|6561|Area 51

Fateless wrote:

RDMC wrote:

houseofnub wrote:

miquel72. If you can find out anything that could give us a clue about his ban, because the weird thing about this ban is, that the time says something like 12:30, while he was at work during this time and nobody was at home. Weird eh.
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6705|England. Stoke

RDMC wrote:

Fateless wrote:

RDMC wrote:

miquel72. If you can find out anything that could give us a clue about his ban, because the weird thing about this ban is, that the time says something like 12:30, while he was at work during this time and nobody was at home. Weird eh.
So it's likely that someone hacked his account...
RDMC
+736|6561|Area 51

coke wrote:

RDMC wrote:

Fateless wrote:

So it's likely that someone hacked his account...
Seems very unlikely as we are not talking about BF2 in his case, but CoD4.
houseofnub
+3|6111|SoCal

RDMC wrote:

Well, at least you got a response.  It's been at least a week, and they still have not replied at all.  I have left two additional notes on the ticket, but they don't appear to be paying attention.

One of my friends quit BF2 long ago, so he kindly donated his key to me.  Now I'm back up and playing, but I'm just going to start a new account.  I'm scared of that one now.

I used to fully support the idea of Punkbuster as playing with cheaters tends to suck.  However, now that I have been banned when I was most definitely not cheating, I'm torn.  It doesn't seem right that a 3rd party can throw MY money away.

Oh well, at least I'm playing again.
Fateless
+36|6239|Jennifer Connellys Pants

RDMC wrote:

Fateless wrote:

RDMC wrote:

No banned acc's for that name.
twoblacklines
all grown up now (its boring)
+49|6203
fateless, can you remember what the account name i made was called ? (the one you played on for SF unlocks) as I have forgotten, cheers!
=BBUK= RAVEN
+6|5371
Look at it this way.
You downloaded a small program that modifies your BF2 files to give you an advantage!

Are the suppliers of these file going to tell you there NOT safe to use? No I don't think so.
Who told you the file was OK to use? Shouldn't you be aiming your frustration at them and NOT Punkbuster who caught you with modified gaming files. I'm not going to call you stupid, just naive. In your appeal did you provide the links to where you got it from and where you read it was safe to use?

If your ever in doubt you should check the Punkbuster, PB Bans or Evenbalance forums. If you don't then how can you defend yourself. Ignorance is never an excuse in the big world........
RDMC
+736|6561|Area 51

Fateless wrote:

RDMC wrote:

Fateless wrote:

No banned acc's for that name.
Leave the filter 'Game' and 'Ban Type' empty and search by alias
houseofnub
+3|6111|SoCal

=BBUK= RAVEN wrote:

Look at it this way.
You downloaded a small program that modifies your BF2 files to give you an advantage!

Are the suppliers of these file going to tell you there NOT safe to use? No I don't think so.
Who told you the file was OK to use? Shouldn't you be aiming your frustration at them and NOT Punkbuster who caught you with modified gaming files. I'm not going to call you stupid, just naive. In your appeal did you provide the links to where you got it from and where you read it was safe to use?

If your ever in doubt you should check the Punkbuster, PB Bans or Evenbalance forums. If you don't then how can you defend yourself. Ignorance is never an excuse in the big world........
I tried the widescreen fixer once before removing it, and that was about a week prior to the ban.  Unless the program actually modified the game files, I can't imagine that being the cause.

I have no idea what would have caused it, unless one of the other programs I was running at the time caused a false positive.
=BBUK= RAVEN
+6|5371
I tried the widescreen fixer once before removing it, and that was about a week prior to the ban.  Unless the program actually modified the game files, I can't imagine that being the cause.

I have no idea what would have caused it, unless one of the other programs I was running at the time caused a false positive.
Are you sure your PB Banned? From what the guys above have said you might not be.

Type your player name in here http://www.pbbans.com/mpi/index.php follow the info. Try both with and without tags.

If your banned it will tell you so and why. You then have the right to appeal. Appeal button. Give them all the info you can and they will look into it. May take a few days.

If the answer is clean GUID then you are not PB Banned........Good Luck.
houseofnub
+3|6111|SoCal

=BBUK= RAVEN wrote:

Type your player name in here http://www.pbbans.com/mpi/index.php follow the info. Try both with and without tags.

If your banned it will tell you so and why. You then have the right to appeal. Appeal button. Give them all the info you can and they will look into it. May take a few days.

If the answer is clean GUID then you are not PB Banned........Good Luck.
Looks like PBBans is almost no more.

http://www.pbbans.com/index.html

"Over the last month PBBans has been hit with a number of DDoS attacks and we have been able to overcome them. On Aug 18, 2009 a massive DDoS attack hit our web server and could not be prevented with the counter-measures we previously employed. Our host will not do anything to block the attacks and even suggested that we turn our servers off.

After this occurred we decided to close our doors. There are many reasons behind this such as a higher cost for hosting, the lack of a new host that can provide the protection we require and finally the toll PBBans has played on our real lives.

After thinking about it overnight and the overwhelming messages from supporters who pleaded us not to close, we have decided to continue. We have found a new host that will provide the protection we require however it comes at a higher cost. Also the cost of shipping our servers is not a small one.

We need your help to keep us to keep PBBans online. Please donate using the button below.

We thank all our supporters for sticking with us and provided some much needed motivation needed to keep PBBans alive."

Last edited by houseofnub (2009-08-26 16:48:31)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard