Rhodsie
+0|6629
I just got a joystick to help me fly the planes and maybe the helicopter. Well I figured out that it is useless for the helicopter. For the plane it works great but the plane rolls opposite the direction I push the joystick (i.e. push left plane rolls right). Is this normal and can I reverse it. I am used to flight sims that let you tweak your joystick to the max, but Battlefield 2 doesn't let me do this. I want the plane to roll left when I push left on the joystick. I tried inverting the mouse on aircraft to see if this changed it but it didn't.

Help is much appreciated.
Tushers
Noctwisaskfirtush
+224|6716|Some where huntin in Wisconsin
switch, on the controls in the option menu.  shange it so it says roll left have it right and so on and so on, unless u already tryed it
Rhodsie
+0|6629
All the controls say is that axis "whatever" is for roll left and right. It seems that when I try to push left for roll left it auto assigns that axis to rolling in general, but the roll is still backwards.
oberst_enzian
+234|6774|melb.au
did you try assigning it backwars from how you want it, to see if it is then the right way? this worked for me; when i first tried to assign the joystick it, the axis came up backwards, and had my button numbers all mixed up for some reason (i.e 1 = 3, 2=4, etc), so i assigned the axis backwards (i.e. pressed right for left, etc), and noted which buttons equaled which wrong numbers in the game, and then assigned according to what i wanted by 'tricking it' into giving me the buttons i wanted, by pressing the opposite of what had come out when i tried to do it the right way.

edit: geez, that's rather unnecessarily confusing. the upshot is this - if it roll right when you assign left, try assigning it in reverse, to see if it comes out the right way.

Last edited by oberst_enzian (2006-04-06 17:34:47)

Rhodsie
+0|6629

oberst_enzian wrote:

did you try assigning it backwars from how you want it, to see if it is then the right way? this worked for me; when i first tried to assign the joystick it, the axis came up backwards, and had my button numbers all mixed up for some reason (i.e 1 = 3, 2=4, etc), so i assigned the axis backwards (i.e. pressed right for left, etc), and noted which buttons equaled which wrong numbers in the game, and then assigned according to what i wanted by 'tricking it' into giving me the buttons i wanted, by pressing the opposite of what had come out when i tried to do it the right way.

edit: geez, that's rather unnecessarily confusing. the upshot is this - if it roll right when you assign left, try assigning it in reverse, to see if it comes out the right way.
I know exactly what you mean. I will try this tomorrow night. About the button thing, BF2 screws my buttons up too. In windows game controllers the buttons match the numbers printed on the joystick next to the buttons. In BF2 the buttons show up as random numbers that do not match the printed ones on the joystick. BF2 just plainly has shitty joystick support.
oberst_enzian
+234|6774|melb.au
yeah, it'd be pretty funny if it wasn't so bloody annoying! good luck with it
Psycho.HuF
+-4|6635|S.Elgin
1. Uncheck the "Invert controls button"
or
2. Learn how to set up one... WHEN YOU CHECK THE ROLL RIGHT BUTTON MAKE YOU HAVE TEH DAMN JOYSTICK ROLL RIGHT!

I better stop helping people

Im an asshole

Last edited by Psycho.HuF (2006-04-07 04:32:12)

NM156
The H4xor Mod
+161|6878|North Texas

Psycho.HuF wrote:

I better stop helping people

Im an asshole
QFE (seems popular nowa days)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard