ProjectBunny
+2|5432
Hey whats up guys. Im new to the forum and i have had trouble trying to install my bf2:complete collection. Everytime i put the disc into the cpu, nothing happens at all. . The auto-install does not pop up nor does the cpu even show that the disc is in the computer. I also replaced the disc with a new one to see if there was something wrong with the disc but i had the same problems. Is there anyway for me to even be able to play? D:

I have a..:
Hewlett-Packard (HP)
Pavilion
AMD Athlon[tn]XP 2300+
2.20Ghz, 1.00 gb of ram
NVidia Geforce 6800 GS

I also have approximately 290 gb of space left. Could anyone help me with this problem?

i've also tried installing with firewall off but that still does not work. I really want to get into the battlefield. :]
~~ProjectBunny
Morpheus
This shit still going?
+508|6050|The Mitten
what OS?

Does it recognize other CDs or DVDs?
EE (hats
ProjectBunny
+2|5432
Whats an OS.. and yes it does recognize other games that i can install. The computer does not recognize the bf2 disc at all.
Morpheus
This shit still going?
+508|6050|The Mitten
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operating_system

and

are the other games all CDs? Or are there some DVDs? (as in, does your drive not read DVDs?)
EE (hats
ProjectBunny
+2|5432
i run a windows xp. i think this is my first game that is a Dvd.... so that means i wont be able to play? This cpu was a hand me down and i think my cousin was able to play battlefield 2 though
Morpheus
This shit still going?
+508|6050|The Mitten
Originally BF2 came on 6(ish) CDs.
However the BF2 Complete Collection is on one DVD....
Does it look like this

If your computer only has a CD drive, then you will not be able to run DVDs.
It is possible to buy external USB drives, check Newegg.com
EE (hats
ProjectBunny
+2|5432
Yeah i have the dvd one. They dont have the seperate cds at J&R anymore. How much would it cost for an external usb drive
Morpheus
This shit still going?
+508|6050|The Mitten
Newegg.com

If you need a non-US site, ask in Tech.
EE (hats
ProjectBunny
+2|5432
Im from nyc. So i dont know any places that sell those seperate cds anymore. If i buy the seperate battlefield 2. It comes in a cd-rom version right
Morpheus
This shit still going?
+508|6050|The Mitten
If it says "PC-CD", yes they are seperate cds, but if it says "PC-DVD", it's a dvd.
EE (hats
GullyFoyle
+25|5437
You'll be much better off buying DVD drive than buying another copy of BF2.  Pretty soon, nothing will come on a CD, and you will NEED the DVD drive.

You can buy an fully featured internal DVD burner for less than it costs for the BF2 Complete collection.  Consult your local teenager if you need help buying a compatible drive.  Or try the tech forums.
Bull3t
stephen brule
+83|6352
Sounds like you need a DVD-Rom, You can buy one from newegg for $20-$30 dollars. If you need any help shoot me a pm.
ProjectBunny
+2|5432
Lmao gee thanks guys but my friend bought one for me . now im having trouble with pbc kicks during online game play
CC-Marley
+407|6879

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard