Defiance
+438|6662

Situation: Used car, doesn't have a 3.5mm input. Wanting to change that.

Options: I could pick this up for $89 shipped and get it installed at a nearby shop for $20 or so.

But what about just buying a cheap amp, and this is probably my misunderstanding, but something like the CD deck above with nothing but outputs to the speakers and say.. a stereo RCA input. I imagine that would be cheaper, if such a thing existed?

If anyone has any suggestions, my only goal is to get a 3.5mm jack to the car speakers in a standard, single DIN slot.
Morpheus
This shit still going?
+508|5990|The Mitten
Unless you know what you are doing in audio-land, option 1 would be easiest.
Also, how comfortable are you with rewiring?
EE (hats
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6356|California
buy 2x1000w subs and put it in the trunk with that badboy in option 1!
Morpheus
This shit still going?
+508|5990|The Mitten

=NHB=Shadow wrote:

buy 2x1000w subs and put it in the trunk with that badboy in option 1!
...because random unnecessary bass sounds AWESOME rolling down the street.
EE (hats
VicktorVauhn
+319|6383|Southern California
Dude for just a tiny bit more then the price of that head unit you can get one that either has an RCA in on the back, or a 3.5mm in on the front...
Your making it too complex.

Also fuck paying $20 for install. Carefully remove the trim around the current one, pull it out and make sure the wiring is not all hacked to bits.

In most cases they will straight sell you one adapter that goes from car plug type to universal, one that goes from universal to your brand stereo.
Even if they don't you tape the black wire with a white stripe to the black wire with a white stripe. The blue wire to blue wire, ect... Don't be a woman, women pay for shit they could easily do themselves with half a brain. Your not a woman are you?
Defiance
+438|6662

Vicktor, the Pioneer in the OP has a 3.5 on the front. The complex thing below it was an alternative, which I thought would be cheaper if I could pick up a very basic amp unit.

As it turns out, with a silly proprietary adapter from Alpine, I might be able to get the aux input through the back with this current head.
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6444|The Twilight Zone
I've seen car radios with AUX input on the front.
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
Defiance
+438|6662

.Sup wrote:

>.<
Marlboroman82
Personal philosophy: Clothing optional.
+1,022|6614|Camp XRay

Defiance wrote:

.Sup wrote:

>.<
Just pat him on the head and tell him good job
https://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l250/marlboroman82/Untitled-8.png
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6681|Devon, England
I replaced my head unit so I could have an input jack for my MP3 player.

Was annoying, but it works.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard