Scout6%6% - 6
I don't have this game63%63% - 63
Total: 99
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6591|London, England

DeathUnlimited wrote:

War Man wrote:

Why is this in the Console and Console games section? This game will be out for pc for Christ sake.
Because
a) I reported it saying it should be moved
b) The game is not out on PC so console gamers are the only ones that can comment on this topic.
I suggest you report it to be moved back in September perhaps?
Well not really, for example here's some news from the producer of 1943 on their forums about the PC version:

Dear PC Gamer(s),

I know you might feel disappointed about the PC release being in September rather than June, but you should be very happy to know this is to give us the proper development time to create a proper PC version of Battlefield 1943 and not a console port. To the contrary of some less informed fans out there this is in no means an intentional ploy to punish our PC fans. And is in fact quite the opposite, we want to make the best damn PC version we can for our PC fans!

Not to bore your eyes out with endless text about the how's and do's I will say to make this a proper PC version we need a completed core game to develop over and remember we already released Battlefield Bad Company with the Frostbite Engine on the consoles, so this will be first PC game ever released using Frostbite! PCs are an open platform requiring additional features, support, technical consideration, and can't just be thrown out there using copy/paste. We have thought very carefully about this decision and in the long run felt it was the right choice even though we knew we'd catch some flak for it, but we feel once you play the first Frostbite PC game ever from DICE you'll see why we put this extra time and care in on the development making all right again in the universe. I hope this helps clear things up better and answers your concern(s).

Sincerely,

Gordon Van Dyke
Battlefield 1943 Producer
http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/batt … pment.html

Kinda pointless moving it to the console forum. I think it's just some bitter PC guys who don't want to see it there cos it ain't out yet, exactly the type of bitchers and whiners that this producer is trying to address.
Kez
+778|5673|London, UK

DeathUnlimited wrote:

b) The game is not out on PC so console gamers are the only ones that can comment on this topic.
Well Bradt3hleader seems to have a strong opinion on the game despite not playing it!
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6536|England

Mekstizzle wrote:

Dear PC Gamer(s),

I know you might feel disappointed about the PC release being in September rather than June, but you should be very happy to know this is to give us the proper development time to create a proper PC version of Battlefield 1943 and not a console port. To the contrary of some less informed fans out there this is in no means an intentional ploy to punish our PC fans. And is in fact quite the opposite, we want to make the best damn PC version we can for our PC fans!

Not to bore your eyes out with endless text about the how's and do's I will say to make this a proper PC version we need a completed core game to develop over and remember we already released Battlefield Bad Company with the Frostbite Engine on the consoles, so this will be first PC game ever released using Frostbite! PCs are an open platform requiring additional features, support, technical consideration, and can't just be thrown out there using copy/paste. We have thought very carefully about this decision and in the long run felt it was the right choice even though we knew we'd catch some flak for it, but we feel once you play the first Frostbite PC game ever from DICE you'll see why we put this extra time and care in on the development making all right again in the universe. I hope this helps clear things up better and answers your concern(s).

Sincerely,

Gordon Van Dyke
Battlefield 1943 Producer
http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/batt … pment.html

Kinda pointless moving it to the console forum. I think it's just some bitter PC guys who don't want to see it there cos it ain't out yet, exactly the type of bitchers and whiners that this producer is trying to address.
Surely you've just shot yourself in the foot Mek...this topic is about "your favourite BF1943 class to play as"...yet its not released on the PC until September? So like DU mentioned...how can should PC players comment without playing the game? They probably still will, but thats not the point.

Personally, I think seperate sections for Consoles/Other Titles is a bit stupid considering the multi-platform games we get now. Anyway, I didnt move it here, but if another mod wants to move it back, then fine - but I wont be
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6591|London, England
I'm getting confused with all these 1943 threads. I dunno which one is the "main" one and which isn't and it's all long and annoying!

Technically there should be a separate forum for the new BF games anyway. There's quite a few new. BF:BC, BF: Heroes and BF1943 are all out. BF:BC2 is in the making and BF3 is rumoured. All of those except the original BC are on PC. So you lot might aswell make a subforum about "other" battlefield games, seeing as this is a BF forum 'n all
Kez
+778|5673|London, UK
I don't think there should be CoD and Crysis sections because they're not Battlefield games. Source section should be allowed because I like Source
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6683|Purplicious Wisconsin
Yeah I think there should be a "New Battlefield Games" forum.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
Bradt3hleader
Care [ ] - Don't care [x]
+121|5906
Ah I see what you mean Snake.

So is the grenade launcher with the rifleman class overpowered like in COD4 or is it useless except for vehicles like in BF2 ?

Please tell me the M1 Garand has 8 shots...
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6683|Purplicious Wisconsin

Bradt3hleader wrote:

Of course the M1 Garand has 8 shots, and the grenade launcher isn't overpowered.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6423|The Twilight Zone

War Man wrote:

Bradt3hleader wrote:

Of course the M1 Garand has 8 shots, and the grenade launcher isn't overpowered.
the grenade launcher is very interesting-very accurate and powerful
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
Bradt3hleader
Care [ ] - Don't care [x]
+121|5906

Kptk92 wrote:

DeathUnlimited wrote:

Well Bradt3hleader seems to have a strong opinion on the game despite not playing it!
Yeah I like to know what I'm going to buy long before I buy it. So I have friends who give me feedback, oh and youtube is awesome! I found some very informative videos. My favorite thing is the destruction. Though I must admit it is quite disappointed to have trees fall from one or two shots of a rifle. Mythbusters or somebody tried shooting a tree down with a SAW and didn't even manage till they put like a whole belt of M134 through it.

Can tanks really plow through trees like that though? I really doubt it! Another thing is how sandbags vaporize and many other objects meant to stop vehicles like jeeps seem to be mad of sand and like to vanish in poofs of smoke.

All in all I'm quite pleased with the destruction system, I like seeing how such a beautifully detailed environment turns into a flat desert of debris from constant combat.  I really like how you can go through fences by hitting it with a bayonet! No more running all the way around and being spotted when you can just sneak through. 

By the way can you go prone? I haven't seen any videos of the game where some1 goes prone. Though I haven't really checked that out yet because this PC is so wacko and likes to crash.

I'm glad DICE is going to make the PC version dish out all it can.

[edit] Some things I think need to be changed:

The landing craft don't have a spot you have to sit in, you can just jump in and when you land you must lower the ramp if you're not the gunner or driver.

No little red plane that shows you where the enemy plane is.

All the vehicle views from BF2/2142 (F9, F10, F11 and F12 views which are a must for driving and dog fighting.)

Proper weapon reloading (Yeah I know I'm pushing it, this is just a wish list. I know you have me Kpt )

WW2 mode where the USMC attack and the Japs have all the flags and defend from pillboxes and cannons. And the USMC get 16 inch artillery and attack from the ships in landing craft and the japs can have kamikazes.  The goal for the japs would be to sink the US ships and the USMC to take the island. Once the objective is complete then the round is over. etc...etc...

Last edited by Bradt3hleader (2009-07-15 23:33:39)

SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6077|Birmingham, UK

.Sup wrote:

War Man wrote:

Bradt3hleader wrote:

the grenade launcher is very interesting-very accurate and powerful
Grenade launcher is for noobs, i hate seeing people running away then turning round and killing me while i'm reloading or something
SniperKingCK9999
+10|5568|England
Sniper FTW If Anyone wants to add me my user is: SniperKingCK9999 and that is on the PS3
SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6077|Birmingham, UK

SniperKingCK9999 wrote:

Sniper FTW If Anyone wants to add me my user is: SniperKingCK9999 and that is on the PS3
I'll add you later
loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6548|Columbus, OH
I have been playing BF1943 on the 360. I can't hit anything with the jeep or tank mounted machine-gun....is it me or the game??? I prefer the rifleman but can't do any thing against tanks....I usually run the other way.
SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6077|Birmingham, UK

loubot wrote:

I have been playing BF1943 on the 360. I can't hit anything with the jeep or tank mounted machine-gun....is it me or the game??? I prefer the rifleman but can't do any thing against tanks....I usually run the other way.
Its you

The MG is overpowerd tbh
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6535|Area 51

SniperKingCK9999 wrote:

Fuck yeah! Sniper and PS3
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6813|Reykjavík, Iceland.
I wish DICE would go the other direction, instead of going to more arcade and consolification if the genre, they should make a game with more realism, ala Project Reality, now that would be awesome.
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6423|The Twilight Zone

Sydney wrote:

they should make a game with more realism, ala Project Reality, now that would be awesome.
NO.
There is ARMA for you "people"
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6548|Columbus, OH

SEREVENT wrote:

loubot wrote:

Its you

The MG is overpowerd tbh
Damn I suck /wrist
edlT
2+2=Vagina
+46|5369|USA

.Sup wrote:

Sydney wrote:

they should make a game with more realism, ala Project Reality, now that would be awesome.
NO.
SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6077|Birmingham, UK

edlT wrote:

.Sup wrote:

Sydney wrote:

NO.
tbh

lol, anywho i haven't played this in a while, it got pretty boring fast tbh
theknuck
It's pronounced Knuck, like in Knuckle!!
+45|6582|balls
Grenade Launcher = Noob Tube of 1943.  i'm still getting the grasp of shooters on the ps3 so i gotta use all the help i can get.  can't wait for bad company 2 on pc.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard