WienerBreath
Hai guys
+14|5516|Fort Hood, Texas
This guy was pissed that they impounded his car so he pays them with pennies.

http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1918163
Ioan92
+337|5737
Epic win!
Chou
+737|6805
Haha!
ICCULUS
Free Sam, Ban Finray.
+418|5438|Athens, GA
lol @ it taking all those cops to figure out what to do. glad to know our dollars are hard at work
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6659
interesting scenario lol
Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|5779|Belgium
That's great, but I feel for the woman though, did she have to count it all?
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6862|"Frisco"

I'll count this among the reasons that the penny should just stop being legal tender.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6635|London, England
I'd fight and die to save the penny, they already took away our shillings and half penny
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6858|Reykjavík, Iceland.

Mekstizzle wrote:

I'd fight and die to save the penny, they already took away our shillings and half penny
Overly complicated tbh, we just have the króna here, lowest coin being 1kr, highest bill being 5000kr
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6659

Sydney wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

Overly complicated tbh, we just have the króna here, lowest coin being 1kr, highest bill being 5000kr
yeah the lowest currency should be 1$

so that way u wouldnt have anything under 1$ or maybe 50c just use that 50c Half Dollar Coin that has Kennedy on it
Jasp
Bongabilla
+171|6676|The Outer Circle
I knew somebody who paid a parking ticket in 50p cheques
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/11882/holteendersig2.jpghttps://forums.bf2s.com/img/avatars/11508.gif
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6723|England. Stoke
I'm sure someone try to do the same thing over here and they refused the payment. It is apparently written into the regulations that it must be paid in certain way, can't remember exactly how it was worded but it basically said you can't pay it in this or any similar retarded way.
Fair play though worth a try and a good way to get rid of all that change that you accumulate.
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6753|Toronto | Canada

In Canada there are limits on how many of each type of coin you can legally use in a transaction.  I don't know them off the top of my head but I know 24 pennies are the limit then they can refuse
CosmoKramer
CC you in October
+131|6633|Medford, WI
im going to do this to our nazi librarian at school, purposely get a 5-10$ fine and last day of school bring in box of pennies for her
KuSTaV
noice
+947|6526|Gold Coast
Bahahahahaa.

Nice.
noice                                                                                                        https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/awsmsanta.png
jsnipy
+3,276|6537|...

haha nice. Those impound people are vultures anyway.
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6380|California

CosmoKramer wrote:

im going to do this to our nazi librarian at school, purposely get a 5-10$ fine and last day of school bring in box of pennies for her
Nahh get a $300 fee like 50 seniors at my school did, good thing I only had a $25 fee for a BOOK I FUCKING RETURNED OMGGG, and they don't even use that book for classes anymore so wtf?
TheDonkey
Eat my bearrrrrrrrrrr, Tonighttt
+163|5731|Vancouver, BC, Canada
In a book called Prank the Monkey, a guy paid off a $33 electricity bill with 50 printable cheques with random money sums that add up to the exact payment.
And in the memo box, he wrote in things like "NStar Sucks!" "Wish I had Solar!"

zug.com is the site and that has a fair bit of lol's. But buy the book I ROFLCOPTER every time.
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
+316|6591|Abitibi-Temiscamingue. Québec!
Actually the car being his property and being detained by that compagny would make it so they have no choice to take the money...Yes its penny but its money and its YOUR car, not theirs. In a supermarket lets say they can just refuse to sell you the items. But the car is yours so...eh!
Zombie_Affair
Amputee's...BOOP
+78|5830|Fattest Country in the world.

coke wrote:

I'm sure someone try to do the same thing over here and they refused the payment. It is apparently written into the regulations that it must be paid in certain way, can't remember exactly how it was worded but it basically said you can't pay it in this or any similar retarded way.
Fair play though worth a try and a good way to get rid of all that change that you accumulate.
It is illegal to refuse legal tender as payment for ANY service. Although what the person in the OP did was quite crazy and amusing, nothing was done wrong.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6789|Noizyland

That's a bit of a dickhead move. I mean he parked his car long enough for it to be towed, he's in the wrong not the impound lot. Interestingly enough the woman at the counter is allowed by law to refuse service to anyone if she has reasonable grounds to do so.

This is why it's important to learn a statute or two 'cause if a dickhead comes in wanting to fuck your day up you can deal with it.

"Hey I'm going to pay you this $88 fee in pennies."
"Uh, yeah no, not gonna fly mate."
"Why? This is legal tender, you're required by law to accept it."
"Maybe so. You seem to know a lot about the law, do you also know that I can legally refuse to serve you?"
"Bu-"
"And while you could go and complain and bitch and moan and try to get your weak revenge on this place even when you know it's your own stupid fault and eventually maybe even get through and pay the $88 worth of pennies, this will all take a lot of time, mine, yours, other people's and all this time I keep your car right here."
"Bu-"
"Or, you could bypass your little vendetta, stop acting like a whiney little douchebag, pay your fee with a card or any form of reasonable acceptable currency, get your car and leave this place before I decide that maybe I do want to stab you multiple times with my ballpoint pen here."

That shit would not fly with me. Seriously, it's not like an impound lot has to keep a good customer service record.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
KuSTaV
noice
+947|6526|Gold Coast

Ty wrote:

That's a bit of a dickhead move. I mean he parked his car long enough for it to be towed, he's in the wrong not the impound lot. Interestingly enough the woman at the counter is allowed by law to refuse service to anyone if she has reasonable grounds to do so.

This is why it's important to learn a statute or two 'cause if a dickhead comes in wanting to fuck your day up you can deal with it.

"Maybe so. You seem to know a lot about the law, do you also know that I can legally refuse to serve you?"
"Bu-"
"And while you could go and complain and bitch and moan and try to get your weak revenge on this place even when you know it's your own stupid fault and eventually maybe even get through and pay the $88 worth of pennies, this will all take a lot of time, mine, yours, other people's and all this time I keep your car right here."
"Bu-"
"Or, you could bypass your little vendetta, stop acting like a whiney little douchebag, pay your fee with a card or any form of reasonable acceptable currency, get your car and leave this place before I decide that maybe I do want to stab you multiple times with my ballpoint pen here."

That shit would not fly with me. Seriously, it's not like an impound lot has to keep a good customer service record.
I was thinking how this couldve alternatively gone if the cops sided with the person. The camera guy just stood there with the camera in his face.... the better argument as the clerk would be that they 'could be up to no good' or some crazy shit like that. I was kinda surprised that although its legal tender etc, you'd think that the cops would either tell the guy to either wait with the clerk while she counted (hurr durr, like anyones gonna do that), or tell him to go to the bank and get it changed to notes, and stop being a dick.

And Chuy? In EE chat? Havent seen you around in here for some time. Australia got rid of the 1 cent and 2 cent coin, and theres talk about getting rid of the 5 cent coin now too.

Interesting...
noice                                                                                                        https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/awsmsanta.png
Zombie_Affair
Amputee's...BOOP
+78|5830|Fattest Country in the world.

Ty wrote:

I'm going to bite...

Ty wrote:

Already the "vendor" has broken the law. Since when is it legal to deny someone service when they haven't done anything wrong. The person has approached the vendor, has accepted liability for the parking ticket (Admission of Guilt) and is willing to pay the fee to get their vehicle back. The way in which the tender is handled has nothing to do with accepting or declining the service. The vendor is in the wrong here.

Ty wrote:

"Bu-"
They cannot legally refuse to serve you if you haven't done anything wrong. There are laws and intra-vendor agreements you agree to when entering a premises, but none of these are simply "We can refuse you service for anything at anytime". The agreements are usually "We can refuse service where permissible if a person or persons have broken this agreement or the law".

Ty wrote:

"Bu-"
The person has admitted guilt to the fine, has provided legal tender and going by your conversation has calmly gone about this in the right way. The vendor is the only one in this conversation to have done anything wrong.

Ty wrote:

At this point, I would take the names and numbers of the employees, walk outside and call the police. At no time can a vendor speak like this to a customer or consumer. I also quoted the "Reasonable acceptable currency" part, because as stated earlier, the person IS paying in acceptable currency. The advantage to working in law is that people don't fuck with you when they know you can royally screw them over.

Ty wrote:

They have to comply with the law and do their job. This is why the police are copping a lot of shit recently.
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6723|England. Stoke

Zombie_Affair wrote:

coke wrote:

It is illegal to refuse legal tender as payment for ANY service. Although what the person in the OP did was quite crazy and amusing, nothing was done wrong.
Maybe where you are but not in the UK:
http://www.royalmint.com/Corporate/poli … lines.aspx
Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6453|King Of The Islands

They abolished the 1c and 2c coins here in the early 90s (we now round to 5c). Still legal tender though
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard