=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6803
So, I hate being commander.. I think it's really boring, I like action. So, it's been really hard for me to get my vet commander badge and sit for 28 minutes lol... so tonight.. I was in a small server.. and I got it... well.. that was cool and all.. well.. all of a sudden. *there is a problem with your connection* >.< *server closes* NO VET COMMAND BADGE FOR SLAYTHEM! *sigh* aside from my clan winning a TWL match, this has been the worst night in BF2 ever.. Oh and I got to play with Kilroy tonight which was fun . He probably thinks I'm a total noob whining cry baby.. Yes, I was whining tonight because on gulf of oman, I kept getting these stupid bomber pilots that would fly at 2 mph and pretty much land on top of me to use the laser guided missle on my tank. and it felt like they were only targeting me pity me, please.  anyways.. bad night.. felt like sharing...
ever felt like screaming because of this game? I feel like screaming.. but it's 4:30am so I wont. This game is the WORST AND MOST STUPID GAME ON THE FACE OF THE EARTH I ABSOLUTELY HATE PLAYING IT.
I love this game
Chard
+1|6801|Christchurch, New Zealand
we all need to wine i think you shouldn't hate the game, hate EA the whores all they care about is money.
A little tip Never ever work for EA I heard they work you like dogs
Bloody Sky
+2|6814|Texas
LoL

Nice little post there. Sorry to hear about your badge. Maybe it will take some time and eventually show up??
Eh, I dont know. I dont think Commander is all that boring since, if I get good arty strikes, I see my name all down the list. I don't know, I guess something about seeing my name alot with arty kills just makes it all ok. Maybe it has something with me name "BloodySky"?

I actually got this one guy (more like kid) really pissed off becuase I kept killing him my arty.
"My #1 Arty Victim: Time so shove that arty where your dad likes to fuck you.
BloodySky (Me): Such big words from a small child.
Arty Victim: Your mom doesn't think I'm a "small child".
BloodySky: LoL!"

See..... Commander has its awards!
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6803

Bloody Sky wrote:

LoL

Nice little post there. Sorry to hear about your badge. Maybe it will take some time and eventually show up??
Eh, I dont know. I dont think Commander is all that boring since, if I get good arty strikes, I see my name all down the list. I don't know, I guess something about seeing my name alot with arty kills just makes it all ok. Maybe it has something with me name "BloodySky"?

I actually got this one guy (more like kid) really pissed off becuase I kept killing him my arty.

that's great.

I also noticed tonight.... I was getting a bunch of Arty kills... and.. I looked at my score and I had 0 kills. new thing in the patch, eh?

Last edited by =[4th]=SlayThem (2005-10-13 01:17:49)

Bloody Sky
+2|6814|Texas

=[4th]=SlayThem wrote:

I also noticed tonight.... I was getting a bunch of Arty kills... and.. I looked at my score and I had 0 kills. new thing in the patch, eh?
Yeah arty doesn't count towards kills on the in-game score board anymore. Unless your arty causes something else to blow up which kills a person. For ex. when it says "[KILLED]". Yeah, there is a Topic about arty kills around here somewhere.
But don't worry, it still counts towards your total kills in your BFHQ!

Edit: Yeah here it is. It was at the bottom of the page. Check it out, if you want. http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=2365

Last edited by Bloody Sky (2005-10-13 01:22:36)

=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6803

Bloody Sky wrote:

=[4th]=SlayThem wrote:

Yeah arty doesn't count towards kills on the in-game score board anymore. Unless your arty causes something else to blow up which kills a person. For ex. when it says "[KILLED]". Yeah, there is a Topic about arty kills around here somewhere.
But don't worry, it still counts towards your total kills in your BFHQ!

Edit: Yeah here it is. It was at the bottom of the page. Check it out, if you want. http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=2365
Ah, cool, thanks.
Guruz
Sir
+20|6808|government yard in trenchtown.
Yeah, I got a lot of those "Your connection to the server has been lost" messages yesterday.
I still got my gold medal though I was forced to leave the server before the round ended

So thumbs up for you to get your Vet Command eventually.

Last edited by Guruz (2005-10-13 02:20:12)

ArkAng37
+1|6814|San Antonio, TX
I thought if you diconect from the server by manually or by connection problems what ever you got that round would show up, just takes a lil while.
Leatherface-TCM
The Saw is Family
+0|6791
I had a strange thing happen the other night with "Problem with your connection"
I was playing, got the "Problem.." message, then kicked back to the Multiplyer screen.  Did a server update and ended up going back into the same server (not really on purpose but just by chance) and when I respawned I still had all my points, kills and deaths from before I was kicked???
That kind of freaked me out but was great as I was able to still finish with a bronzer.
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6811|Cologne, Germany

Leatherface-TCM wrote:

I had a strange thing happen the other night with "Problem with your connection"
I was playing, got the "Problem.." message, then kicked back to the Multiplyer screen.  Did a server update and ended up going back into the same server (not really on purpose but just by chance) and when I respawned I still had all my points, kills and deaths from before I was kicked???
That kind of freaked me out but was great as I was able to still finish with a bronzer.
yeah, that happens. same here.
lockedon
+1|6743

Bloody Sky wrote:

LoL

hahhaahhaa
CMDR_Dave
Redneck
+66|6811|Missoula, MT
No kills show up with arty now, but if you use any of your weapons it does count and you get combat points for it.  Nice change for Commanders.  And yes, getting 5+ arty kills...priceless! 
3stitches
fajitalude
+0|6764|Radcliff, KY

=[4th]=SlayThem wrote:

So, I hate being commander.. I think it's really boring, I like action. So, it's been really hard for me to get my vet commander badge and sit for 28 minutes lol... so tonight.. I was in a small server.. and I got it... well.. that was cool and all.. well.. all of a sudden. *there is a problem with your connection* >.< *server closes* NO VET COMMAND BADGE FOR SLAYTHEM! *sigh* aside from my clan winning a TWL match, this has been the worst night in BF2 ever.. Oh and I got to play with Kilroy tonight which was fun . He probably thinks I'm a total noob whining cry baby.. Yes, I was whining tonight because on gulf of oman, I kept getting these stupid bomber pilots that would fly at 2 mph and pretty much land on top of me to use the laser guided missle on my tank. and it felt like they were only targeting me pity me, please.  anyways.. bad night.. felt like sharing...
ever felt like screaming because of this game? I feel like screaming.. but it's 4:30am so I wont. This game is the WORST AND MOST STUPID GAME ON THE FACE OF THE EARTH I ABSOLUTELY HATE PLAYING IT.
I love this game
Your so on with this one.  I always say how I love to hate this game.  It gets me so mad sometimes but I cant seem to stop playing.  How can a game get me so pissed off.
thinner44
+1|6779
I was thinking of wandering into the commander's chair, but after reading all of the above, I think I'll hoof it.

=[4th]=SlayThem ... 4:30 AM !!! ... madness. I get the feeling you're married to this game
As for 'connection problems', happens more now than without the recent patch. I just get settled and 'bam', back to the main screen.... or worse, after 20 seconds, back to facing a brick wall with a TK to my name
bluehavoc8686
will frag for food
+11|6809|Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Nice one Slay. BTW, unless the round ends: no stats. You know what is worse than loosing the connection? Having the crapy admin kick you before you get your award. I was on my way about a week ago to getting my basic explosives badge. I had 12 C4 kills when the admin kicked me for "C4 spamming." The interesting thing was that they didn't seem to care until I started killing clan members and the admin himself. Anyway on the topic of you playing with Kilroy, I played with Dave and Czarosniq last night. It was a blast. We were all in the same sqaud and we were always the best squad. The funny thing was that when we joined, the server was practically empty (we had to wait to get enough players to join), but after about 15 minutes, it was full. Don't worry about bitching about noob jet pilots. I totally think it has gotten outta control. BTW, how do you drop bombs?
Miakei
+1|6793|Los Angeles, CA
I had actually jsut gotten my Vet Anti-Tank badge, when I lose connection w/ the server. I immediately log back in, and find that the server had been forcefully rebooted and changed to a different map. I mean...we were like 30 points from ending the game....WHY? OH DEAR GOD WHY?!?!?
AlexDiasTeixeira
+2|6741|Netherlands, The - Rotterdam
Yeah, i had the same kinda thing. playing in Sharqi... as a medic I felt invincible my score was over 100 and I was saving everybodies live (at the center CP next to the contruction site) ... then ... my internet went DEAD
... i felt like crying cuz that would've been my FIRST GOLD MEDAL :'( ...
PITY ME TOO please

Last edited by AlexDiasTeixeira (2005-10-13 12:21:26)

[Sixwinter]dDG
+0|6742|WV
Yeah, connection problems can be a hassle sometimes... I've been disconnected quite a few times after winning awards or having an awesome round.

Anyway, about the comment regarding commander being 'boring'... I have to disagree. I think it adds a unique, almost RTS-like element to the game. Plus you get a sense of pride out of winning as the commander because you feel like you 'led your team to victory', as corny as that sounds...
FUBARhavoc
+0|6773
I just "discovered" being a commander, and Ialso have to disagree on the point that being a commander is boring, I love it. I love the fact that you can really see how a battle is developping, and predict whats going to happen next. Also it seems I'm good at it, I got quite a few compliments over Voip, I guess it was a good thing to build up some combat experiance first, so you know how commanders actions influence the gameplay, and give my team an edge. Also it's not unusual to get a golden medal for being a winning commander, which I like too
96D
+0|6745|Maryland, USA

[Sixwinter]dDG wrote:

[...] I think it adds a unique, almost RTS-like element to the game.[...]
When I'm commander, it feels like playing an RTS where none of your units listen to you.

96D: Defend this coordinate!
SquadleaderJim: You got it

*SquadleaderJim heads off to base rape*

96D: Move out! Attack here!
SquadleaderBob: I read you

*SquadleaderBob continues camping the airplane spawn*
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6803

96D wrote:

[Sixwinter]dDG wrote:

[...] I think it adds a unique, almost RTS-like element to the game.[...]
When I'm commander, it feels like playing an RTS where none of your units listen to you. ;)

96D: Defend this coordinate!
SquadleaderJim: You got it

*SquadleaderJim heads off to base rape*

96D: Move out! Attack here!
SquadleaderBob: I read you

*SquadleaderBob continues camping the airplane spawn*
Happens to me all the time..
BUT KILROY LISTENS!
On sharqi, I was commander and I spotted two guys headed to our north main(we were mec) and he dropped what he was doing to go track em down :) props, kilroy.
Dizik
It tastes like burning
+23|6785|Moore, OK
Something similar happened to me earlier this week. I was working towards my basic knife and pistol badges so that I can eventually get First Sergeant. Anywho....I was awarded them both in one match, which was pretty cool. However, I was booted from the server to make room for a clan member of said server. To my dismay, my badges weren't recorded. That kinda pissed me off.
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6803

thinner44 wrote:

=[4th]=SlayThem ... 4:30 AM !!! ... madness. I get the feeling you're married to this game
haha yeah.. but I'm getting really pissed off. >.<
I just had THE WORST night of bf2 gaming... I got a new #1 oponent because he kept c4 whoring the hell out of me. it's so annoying. *sigh* he killed me like 2380562083750897 times. I'm afraid to check and see just how many times he killed me.

I'm sorry.. make that TWO DIFFERENT worst enemies JUST TONIGHT.
this stupid [TM] Petter guy (I swear he was using a map hack.. he knew exactly where I was everytime.. not to mention he was totally spawn camping with the t-90. >.< and then this other guy "d|sc|pl|ne" or something like that. *sigh* NOT a good night.

Last edited by =[4th]=SlayThem (2005-10-13 23:37:48)

mikeshw
Radioactive Glo
+130|6807|A Small Isle in the Tropics

thinner44 wrote:

you donno how married he is to this game yet! i swear he is online 24/7 on BF2..
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6803

mikeshw wrote:

thinner44 wrote:

you donno how married he is to this game yet! i swear he is online 24/7 on BF2..
LOL So not true
But I do feel like crying because of the events that took place tonight. *sigh*

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard