Red Forman
Banned
+402|5371
I really want this guy to die in fire.  But, I have no issue with him being allowed to work again.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4359354

NEW YORK -- Michael Vick was conditionally reinstated by NFL commissioner Roger Goodell on Monday and could play in regular season games as early as October.

Vick can immediately participate in preseason practices, workouts and meetings and can play in the final two preseason games -- if he can find a team that will sign him. A number of teams have already said they would not.

Goodell suspended Vick indefinitely in August 2007 after the former Atlanta Falcons quarterback admitted bankrolling the "Bad Newz Kennels" dogfighting operation. Goodell said then that Vick must show remorse and signs that he has changed before he would consider reinstating him.

Once the season begins, Vick may participate in all team activities except games, and Goodell said he would consider Vick for full reinstatement by Week 6 (Oct. 18-19).

Goodell called a news conference for late Monday afternoon.

The announcement came after a busy first week of freedom for Vick, who met with union leaders and Goodell on consecutive days last week. His 23-month federal sentence ended when an electronic monitor was removed from his ankle early on July 20 at his home in Hampton, Va.

He met with DeMaurice Smith, executive director of the NFL Players Association, last Tuesday and, on Wednesday, he sat down with Goodell at a security firm in Allendale, N.J.

Vick released a statement through agent Joel Segal.

"I would like to express my sincere gratitude and appreciation to commissioner Goodell for allowing me to be readmitted to the National Football League," Vick said. "I fully understand that playing football in the NFL is a privilege, not a right, and I am truly thankful for the opportunity I have been given.

"As you can imagine, the last two years have given me time to re-evaluate my life, mature as an individual and fully understand the terrible mistakes I have made in the past and what type of life I must lead moving forward."

Last edited by Red Forman (2009-07-27 12:57:50)

-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6629|BC, Canada
"I would like to express my sincere gratitude and appreciation to commissioner Goodell for allowing me to be readmitted to the National Football League," Vick said. "I fully understand that playing football in the NFL is a privilege, not a right, and I am truly thankful for the opportunity I have been given.

"As you can imagine, the last two years have given me time to re-evaluate my life, mature as an individual and fully understand the terrible mistakes I have made in the past and what type of life I must lead moving forward."

Chances that Vick even read this quote before it was released...
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6417|Chicago, IL
Problem is, nobody wants him, he's more trouble than he's worth
ICCULUS
Free Sam, Ban Finray.
+418|5395|Athens, GA
look at pacman dude. vick is 10x better a player than him. to say nobody wants him is completely retarded

Last edited by ph1shman420 (2009-07-27 13:21:10)

Red Forman
Banned
+402|5371

ph1shman420 wrote:

look at pacman dude. vick is 10x better a player than him. to say nobody wants him is completely retarded
I don't think teams want the baggage that will accompany Vick.  Would be a good idea for the UFL though.  Give it some press.
ICCULUS
Free Sam, Ban Finray.
+418|5395|Athens, GA
but they want to? pacman? k

you guys obv dont know how all this works

Last edited by ph1shman420 (2009-07-27 13:36:14)

Red Forman
Banned
+402|5371
Pacman is not even close to the same thing.
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6417|Chicago, IL
Pacman, TO, ocho cinco, and the other assholes of the NFL won't bring legions of protesters to the stadium on opening day
ICCULUS
Free Sam, Ban Finray.
+418|5395|Athens, GA

Red Forman wrote:

no shit. hes way fucking worse...
Red Forman
Banned
+402|5371

ph1shman420 wrote:

Red Forman wrote:

no shit. hes way fucking worse...
How?  Everyone knew he was a punk coming out of college.
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6616
hmm yea Vick ought to apologize to PETA, thats what some said he ought to do, then from there on he ought to work on his image + agility for couple of years and then they should let him play in NFL.... thats wut some of the people on ESPN said.
ICCULUS
Free Sam, Ban Finray.
+418|5395|Athens, GA
fuck peta. he doesnt owe those retards anything

@red: how the fuck is punchin bitches in the faces and shootin folks not worse? i dont even know what else the jackass has done. i love dogs, but give me a fucking break; pacman is definitely worse imo. at least vick knows he was wrong and shows that he learned his lesson
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6508|Long Island, New York
Let him play with Matt Stafford on the Lions. He'll fit riiiiiiiiiight in.
Red Forman
Banned
+402|5371

ph1shman420 wrote:

@red: how the fuck is punchin bitches in the faces and shootin folks not worse? i dont even know what else the jackass has done. i love dogs, but give me a fucking break; pacman is definitely worse imo. at least vick knows he was wrong and shows that he learned his lesson
The thing is, most people I know knew it was a matter of time with pacman.  You have to remember most people have pets, and are very close to them.  What Vick did hits home for tons of people.  What pacman did makes most people just roll their eyes and say that figures.  Most people are not in clubs at 3am rolling with a posse like pacman.  Most people are at home with their dog(s) at 3am.  You may be correct, but you know damn well how people see things.  You may not think it is right, but it is what it is.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6591|London, England
Or the Tigers

Any team based around some sort of feline
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6417|Chicago, IL

ph1shman420 wrote:

He hasn't learned any lesson, other than to not get caught next time, these thugs never learn their lesson, and it's a major problem in the NFL.  I'm sick of watching all the "gangsta" bullshit off the field, these people are supposed to be role models, start acting like one.
pilebomb
+8|6090
Vick is gonna make one hell of a wildcat quarterback
loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6549|Columbus, OH
I say he is going west-coast, Oakland Raiders. The people of Oakland will take him in, if he can carry the Raiders on his back like he did in Atlanta.
ICCULUS
Free Sam, Ban Finray.
+418|5395|Athens, GA

S.Lythberg wrote:

ph1shman420 wrote:

He hasn't learned any lesson, other than to not get caught next time, these thugs never learn their lesson, and it's a major problem in the NFL.  I'm sick of watching all the "gangsta" bullshit off the field, these people are supposed to be role models, start acting like one.
how many of them spent 2 yrs in the joint? thought so.

its pretty fucking far from a major problem. 1% of the players are so called gangsters, so its a major problem? k

im so sick of the role model bs. maybe id have a different outlook if i was 35 with kids, but im not, so i dont. they are humans, and they can do whatever the fuck they want as long as they perform on sunday as far as im concerned. they know that there will be consequences to their actions, so were in no place to tell them how to act off the field
Swan
The town bike
+54|5418
wow dumb criminal gets his life back
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6591|London, England
The fact that he wants to go back at least shows his commitment to the sport, you'd think he's already rich as fuck and could retire any time he wants.
Red Forman
Banned
+402|5371

Mekstizzle wrote:

you'd think he's already rich as fuck and could retire any time he wants.
No.  He is broke dude.
ICCULUS
Free Sam, Ban Finray.
+418|5395|Athens, GA
mek, he lost $30 mil (maybe a lot more?). he aint got much left
Swan
The town bike
+54|5418

Red Forman wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

No.  He is broke dude.
Good I hope he stays that way. Probably would have just spent it all on Cristal  and gaudy cars anyway.
Aries_37
arrivederci frog
+368|6545|London

Swan wrote:

Red Forman wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

No.  He is broke dude.
Good I hope he stays that way. Probably would have just spent it all on Cristal  and gaudy cars anyway.
It's not like all other sports personalities are saints who give their money to orphans in Africa.

Vick is a very talented athlete. He broke some laws but has since paid his debt to society.

I'm glad to see him back.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard