Personal philosophy: Clothing optional.
+1,022|6593|Camp XRay

Why do the controls suck so bad...

/Yes I know I suck as well
https://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l250/marlboroman82/Untitled-8.png
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6423|The Twilight Zone
I find it easy to pursue an enemy plane but also difficult to escape. Maneuvering in 1st person view isn't very hard for me
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
Marlboroman82
+1,022|6593|Camp XRay

.Sup wrote:

I find it easy to pursue an enemy plane but also difficult to escape. Maneuvering in 1st person view isn't very hard for me
I don't know - it's like the pilot has parkinsons disease. Everything is so damn jittery.
SamBo:D
Banned
+236|5467|England
Wouldn't say it was jittery, actually quite smooth for me.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6535|England

I don't find the flying part hard, but bombing I just cannot pick up. I only really use them in Air Superiorority.
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6683|Purplicious Wisconsin
Actually it's fairly easy for me. At first I crashed alot until I found out that my Y-Axis controls for my plane wasn't inverted. I am not happy that you have to hold down a damn button in order to keep the thing flying instead of changing it to use the stick like in the vehicles.

Edit: I agree with snake that bombing is shit.

Last edited by War Man (2009-07-27 14:47:06)

The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6077|Birmingham, UK

.Sup wrote:

Yeah once someone's behind you i only get away by flying to my own carrier again, if i get that far
sexecuti0ner
What kinda guy are you are?
+148|6201

Snake wrote:

bombing I just cannot pick up.
It's not just you.  After directly hitting numerous tanks and not killing them I eventually stopped going after them.  The MG works pretty well on cars and infantry so I just stick to that.
Bradt3hleader
Care [ ] - Don't care [x]
+121|5906
I think the biggest stupidest issue is the enemy plane indicator. That is so retarded, it's not fair if you can't outsmart the enemy because once you pass he's FOV and you pull your stunts he just follows a stupid red arrow.

It's like going into the middle of a street in a firefight with a huge neon sign saying, "Shoot here".
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6535|England

Bradt3hleader wrote:

I think the biggest stupidest issue is the enemy plane indicator. That is so retarded, it's not fair if you can't outsmart the enemy because once you pass he's FOV and you pull your stunts he just follows a stupid red arrow.

It's like going into the middle of a street in a firefight with a huge neon sign saying, "Shoot here".
Lol, thats true...but then it is like that in all air combat games Ive played, i.e. HAWX and Im sure Air Combat was the same.

sexecuti0ner wrote:

Snake wrote:

It's not just you.  After directly hitting numerous tanks and not killing them I eventually stopped going after them.  The MG works pretty well on cars and infantry so I just stick to that.
True...that is, of course, if you can find them. After playing BF2 where all vehicles were represented with a big square...I just find 1943 flying to be... harder. There we go, I said it
smoove for me   and a ton easier than my attempts at flying in bf2
west-phoenix-az
Guns don't kill people. . . joe bidens advice does
+632|6359
I can fly well offensively, but defensively not so well. I just try to out maneuver them, but if they are a decent pilot they can probably hang. Letting off the throttle when turning can help you turn tighter, but it can also make you an easier target. The problem with the bombs is their blast, it just isn't powerful enough. To kill infantry you have to hit them directly with the bomb, anything less and it doesn't seem to count. The guns are great though, can take out infantry and cars with ease. The guns can take out the anti-air gunner, but it seems like it takes a lot of hits to get him. I'd like to see them adjuster the bomb strength/radius. I'd also like them to get rid of the enemy plane indicator.

Shooting infantry with the guns is my favorite part

If play play on PSN, add me westPHXaz

Last edited by west-phoenix-az (2009-07-28 11:27:31)

https://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p123/west-phoenix-az/BF2S/bf2s_sig_9mmbrass.jpg
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6683|Purplicious Wisconsin

Kimmmmmmmmmmmm wrote:

You should try flying the aircraft in bf1942. Even easier than flying in bf1943. At least with a joystick it is easy.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6423|The Twilight Zone

War Man wrote:

Kimmmmmmmmmmmm wrote:

You should try flying the aircraft in bf1942. Even easier than flying in bf1943. At least with a joystick it is easy.
Flying in BF42 is easy, dogfighting isn't. I also used a joystick but then it decalibrated itself. Haven't had a joystick since
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
TrueMusou
+36|6130|United States Of Hamerica
I think they should limit the angle the AA guns can go down to. There's no friggin escaping them once they start firing besides flying out of its range, but by then you're plane and your ass is filled up with flaming shards of debris.

I'd like to be given the chance to evade by diving low and flying low, adding risk of crashing, but gains of not getting pelted. Besides, wtf is the point of a flak gun that shoots at 0 degrees when it has no effect against tank or infantry.

I don't think removing the plane icon would help. It would make matters worst cause we can really only see in the front and the rear. Anything to our sides are blindsides. They should implement some buttons to look to the sides if they remove the icon. Also, bombing does suck. It's like dropping coconuts cause they sure as hell do no damage if you drop it 2 inches to the right of a guy's head.
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6335|California
is the game that good?
I have like 1340ms points on xbl and ill get it if its that GOOD, but i haven't touched a video game in like 3 months and I don't think I will, right now i have a 65' HDTV w/ sound system and a xbox 360 and a wii just sitting there gathering dust... what a fucking waste of money..
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6535|Area 51
I can't fly for shit! Best thing I've managed so far was, lifting off, flying straight and crashing while trying to make a turn.
Marlboroman82
+1,022|6593|Camp XRay

I also tried plugging up a usb joystick I had lying around - massive failure. Since you can't assign buttons to it the thing is worthless. I can fly around fine and occasionally shoot down plans and take out ground targets. There is just something off about the controls. The right and left is way to touchy. I tried lowering my sensitivity all the way and it's still way to much.
west-phoenix-az
Guns don't kill people. . . joe bidens advice does
+632|6359

TrueMusou wrote:

I don't think removing the plane icon would help. It would make matters worst cause we can really only see in the front and the rear. Anything to our sides are blindsides. They should implement some buttons to look to the sides if they remove the icon.
There is a button to look around when in a plane. The problem is the view control is not inverted like the plane controls so its a bit shitty.
https://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p123/west-phoenix-az/BF2S/bf2s_sig_9mmbrass.jpg
TrueMusou
+36|6130|United States Of Hamerica

west-phoenix-az wrote:

TrueMusou wrote:

I don't think removing the plane icon would help. It would make matters worst cause we can really only see in the front and the rear. Anything to our sides are blindsides. They should implement some buttons to look to the sides if they remove the icon.
There is a button to look around when in a plane. The problem is the view control is not inverted like the plane controls so its a bit shitty.
Yea, i think the controls and shit should stay the same.

What needs to change is some sort of evasive maneuver. Like if you fly low enough your plane icon won't show up on enemy radars. Also, i think flying low should also allow you to evade AA guns. That will make things a bit more balanced
Bradt3hleader
Care [ ] - Don't care [x]
+121|5906

Snake wrote:

Bradt3hleader wrote:

Lol, thats true...but then it is like that in all air combat games Ive played, i.e. HAWX and Im sure Air Combat was the same.

sexecuti0ner wrote:

Snake wrote:

True...that is, of course, if you can find them. After playing BF2 where all vehicles were represented with a big square...I just find 1943 flying to be... harder. There we go, I said it
But BF2 and BF2142 didn't have it and that lead to some amazing dogfights. Also, if the planes aren't equally matched, then the indicator would make the person in the best plane invincible if he knew what he was doing.

I miss dropping down onto J10s and taking them out with machine gun fire while they were slowing down to take out a helicopter or lining up to reload. You can't do that if the enemy knows you're being you because of some stupid icon.
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6535|Area 51
Still fail at flying. I've managed to learn how to stay in the air though, that is, without anyone trying to gun me down
TrECeNTeRs
+1|6793
you would think MS would have a flight stick for thier console...

aslo everyone add me on xblive s/n: TrECeNTeRs

Last edited by TrECeNTeRs (2009-08-08 15:28:21)

Red Forman
Banned
+402|5370

TrECeNTeRs wrote:

you would think MS would have a flight stick for thier console...
I agree.
Red Forman
Banned
+402|5370
I can only bomb and land.  cant dogfight for shit...too difficult to control.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard