~{TPP}~richoxon
I Want a New Duck
+43|6568|Up a tree
Does anybody else use any cad stuff at work ?

I use Licom systems alphacam and Solidworks.

Just wondered because help isnt that easy to find when your stuck
CammRobb
Banned
+1,510|6131|Carnoustie MASSIF

~{TPP}~richoxon wrote:

Does anybody else use any cad stuff at work ?

I use Licom systems alphacam and Solidworks.

Just wondered because help isnt that easy to find when your stuck
I used to use Autocad, but not so hot on it anymore.
~{TPP}~richoxon
I Want a New Duck
+43|6568|Up a tree
i know there are sites where you can post your specific problem, but answers can take a week. At least on this site people check the forums every day
CammRobb
Banned
+1,510|6131|Carnoustie MASSIF

~{TPP}~richoxon wrote:

i know there are sites where you can post your specific problem, but answers can take a week. At least on this site people check the forums every day
What is it you're struggling with?
~{TPP}~richoxon
I Want a New Duck
+43|6568|Up a tree
nothing at the moment, i just thought that if there were a few people using the same software, you could post probs for help.
mafia996630
© 2009 Jeff Minard
+319|6764|d
well i can't help you, if that helps ?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6107|eXtreme to the maX
Have used SolidEdge, Unigraphics and Pro-Engineer.
Most have inbuilt help which covers pretty well everything, and tutorials for the basics.

There are enough forums and user sites that almost any problem should be googlable.
Otherwise do you not have support access as part of the package? Your reseller should be available.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6717
I use 3dmax9 and i d/l the solidworks trial a couple of days ago to learn it...
I saw that the Orange County Choppers guys use Solidworks and it looks cool.
Love is the answer
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6674|Cardiff, Capital of Wales
I use a specific sign making program called Composer (made by Gerber) and from time to time use Corel Draw and then convert them into plotter files so composer can cut it.
west-phoenix-az
Guns don't kill people. . . joe bidens advice does
+632|6390
I use AutoCAD, have for over 10 years now. Currently using AutoCAD 2008. Have used other programs, but its been a long time. I took a course in SolidWorks many years ago. Its a good program, but way different than AutoCAD. It did some nice things, but wasn't worth the switch for us.

Last edited by west-phoenix-az (2009-07-24 07:59:54)

https://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p123/west-phoenix-az/BF2S/bf2s_sig_9mmbrass.jpg
USARANGER01
+35|6649|America
i use 3ds max, and have been using autocad for 4 years. but they were high school classes, so i probably couldnt answer many questions. tho i really enjoy doing cad things in my free time. currently i am actually making my room and all my furniture in it, all to exact specs. im hoping to use it as a portfolio sort of thing if i can ever find a summer job or internship doing cad-things
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6717

1927 wrote:

I use a specific sign making program called Composer (made by Gerber) and from time to time use Corel Draw and then convert them into plotter files so composer can cut it.
are you a signmaker?
Love is the answer
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6674|Cardiff, Capital of Wales

[TUF]Catbox wrote:

1927 wrote:

are you a signmaker?
Yes, one that is about to leave work for the weekend.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6567|England

I use StruCad to detail and model steel buildings in true 3D, and AutoCAD from time to time

@ OP: cant you just ask people at work if you are stuck? That's what we do, and if that fails, ring the support line.
VicktorVauhn
+319|6393|Southern California
I am fairly competent with solid works...Use it at school for projects a lot, and used it to design our car.
I tend to be able to model what I need and have a fair bit of experience with complex assemblies.

Feel free to shoot me a PM if your not getting an answer or if I miss this thread.
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6150|'straya
I am pretty decent on Revit Architecture (2008) and Autodesk Inventor (2008). Also current on AutoCAD

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard