+619|6789|Great Brown North
they're both assholes tbh
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6660|USA

AussieReaper wrote:

lowing wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

If I were arrested, on my porch, because an officer was investigating a break and enter, where I was the accused "breaking into" my own house, the officer doesn't give badge ID or name but arrests me for disorderly conduct, of course the charge would be dropped.

Unless you actually believe that Gates should spend some time in jail or face a fine, why must this be some pc?
Gee no surprise how you failed to mention the fact that the guy refused to initially produce ID, and only after being threatened with arrest did he do so. You are also failing to mention the verbal abuse this guy gave the police, while contrary to popular liberal belief, does not have to take it.
And still you fail to mention that this guy INSTANTLY went for the race card.

and yes to knock that egotistical asshole down a notch and remind him he is not above the law regardless as to his position, he should have spent the night in jail, if not outright charged.
No need for pointless name calling, lowing. Just cause you don't like a guy cause he's black.

The law is not designed to knock people down a notch and prove nobody is above the law, the whole point of the justice system is to punish those who commit crimes, not to target upstanding members of the community to prove that they can be brought down.

Revenge and jealous shouldn't be the basis for any system of law. You should be able to understand that simple point I hope.

Being an egotistical asshole isn't a crime, yet he should spend a night in prison for it? You probably know a few yourself, should they be brought into a cell to think about what they've done too?
Not too sure why you assume a person can ONLY be an asshole because he is black, I have never insinuated such a thing. I have stated he was an asshole for his behavior however. I guess that is something only you know the answer to.

Yer right, the law is designed to punish, and he deserves to be punished for his abuse. Because again contrary to your liberal beliefs you can not treat the police any damn way you feel like. 

Revenge is a perfectly acceptable basis for law, it happens every day. You kill someone the state has the right to seek punishment in the name of justice, and the victims family will certainly view that justice as revenge.

Yup he should, for his abuse. and yes I know a few myself, and if they verbally abuse, disrespect, or hinder a cop in the line of duty, they should go to jail........................and yes Aussie, even the white ones.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6660|USA

Bertster7 wrote:

lowing wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

If I were arrested, on my porch, because an officer was investigating a break and enter, where I was the accused "breaking into" my own house, the officer doesn't give badge ID or name but arrests me for disorderly conduct, of course the charge would be dropped.

Unless you actually believe that Gates should spend some time in jail or face a fine, why must this be some pc?
Gee no surprise how you failed to mention the fact that the guy refused to initially produce ID, and only after being threatened with arrest did he do so.
That's inconclusive. There are contradictory versions of events, believing either of them outright is unwise.

lowing wrote:

You are also failing to mention the verbal abuse this guy gave the police, while contrary to popular liberal belief, does not have to take it.
And still you fail to mention that this guy INSTANTLY went for the race card.

and yes to knock that egotistical asshole down a notch and remind him he is not above the law regardless as to his position, he should have spent the night in jail, if not outright charged.
Disrespecting a police officer is not a crime. If it were, then there would be a case against him. As is, there is not. Which is why the case was dropped. He was arrested without commiting a crime or being a suspect in a crime, which is a violation of his rights and is unprofessional behaviour by the officer involved.

He may be an asshole (it certainly sounds that way). But you can't arrest someone for that.
He was arrested for disorderly conduct ( the PC version of being an asshole). and yeah it is a crime.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6660|USA
http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/07/23/office … index.html

also

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090723/ap_ … disorderly

Meet the cop Gates abused.

Also take note that Obama defends (his friend) Gates, calling the police conduct stupid. Yet says nothing about the behavior of Gates. I take this as approval for disrespect to police officers.

Also , let us look at who is doing the grand standing over this incident.

Last edited by lowing (2009-07-23 12:39:51)

imortal
+240|6674|Austin, TX

lowing wrote:

http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/07/23/officer.gates.arrest/index.html

also

Also take note that Obama defends (his friend) Gates, calling the police conduct stupid. Yet says nothing about the behavior of Gates. I take this as approval for disrespect to police officers.

I especially like the part where Gates refused to show the Police his ID (which would have shown his address, and thus proof it was his home) and immediately called the cops racist.  When that is the first argument from your lips, you are "pulling the race card."

I have had the police called on me when I forgot my keys once and sat for three hours on the steps in front of my door waiting for the locksmith to arrive.  I showed the cops my ID, and they let me be.  See how easy it is?
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6192|Ireland
Gates was afraid because cops were in his home.  He is obviously a druggie to get so excited about cops in his house.

fucking crack head.

From AP, "Expanding on the implications of the arrest, Obama told reporters Wednesday that this incident shows that there is a long history of racial profiling in the United States."

Where is that bitch Jesse Jackson, he needs to speak out on this before he loses his credibility as a racist.

Last edited by Lotta_Drool (2009-07-23 13:06:16)

13rin
+977|6488

lowing wrote:

http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/07/23/officer.gates.arrest/index.html

also

I can't believe this has gone on for six pages.  Given the B&E call to the cops, to an address that had pevioulsy been burgularized -there was no profiling.  As Gates followed the officer out of his house being beligerent -he was ovbiously looking for confrontation.  Obama is a moron to disparage the conduct of the Officers without having all of the facts (by his own admission).  Gates wants this...
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6660|USA
Well it is boggling how the liberals on this forum spout off about how citizens should have no guns, that it is the cops job to protect them, then support treating the cops any way they want, including abuse, disrespect and obstruction when they show up. Another typical liberal mind fuck that only makes sense to them and produces nothing.
Red Forman
Banned
+402|5409

DBBrinson1 wrote:

Obama is a moron to disparage the conduct of the Officers without having all of the facts (by his own admission).  Gates wants this...
Obama is a nutsack.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6610|132 and Bush

Crowly is the cop that gave a black man mouth to mouth (CPR) when he tried to save his life ...right?
Xbone Stormsurgezz
13rin
+977|6488

Kmarion wrote:

Crowly is the cop that gave a black man mouth to mouth (CPR) when he tried to save his life ...right?
Apparently.

* edit: Who really comes off as the racist in this situation?

Last edited by DBBrinson1 (2009-07-23 15:08:40)

I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6660|USA

Kmarion wrote:

yup, the more that comes out the more the nutty professor looks like an idiot, a racist in his own right, an asshole.

even after the fact the cop is calm, cool and collected as was apparent at this idiots house, while the "victim" continues to rant on in a lather.
S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6527|Montucky

Red Forman wrote:

DBBrinson1 wrote:

Obama is a moron to disparage the conduct of the Officers without having all of the facts (by his own admission).  Gates wants this...
Obama is a nutsack.
madmax
+12|6270|perth, w.a.
abusing a cop for doing his job

right
Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|6557|San Diego, CA, USA
I just heard the police report and boy is this professor an ASS.  I hope this cop doesn't loose his job over this.  Obama must be embarrassed.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6538|Global Command
13rin
+977|6488

ATG wrote:

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2009/0723092gates1.html

Obama looks like a moron here.
So does Harvard... What kind of jackasses do you have teaching our best and brightest?

*edit:

And if that's who Harvard has spewing venom, I shudder to think who is standing behind the pulpits of the more academically diversified colleges.

Last edited by DBBrinson1 (2009-07-23 20:51:17)

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6610|132 and Bush

Harmor wrote:

I just heard the police report and boy is this professor an ASS.  I hope this cop doesn't loose his job over this.  Obama must be embarrassed.
I'll give him some credit for admitting his bias.

However..Question,
He says he doesn't have all the facts and then says the Police acted "stupidly"?

https://i34.tinypic.com/w048y0.jpg
Xbone Stormsurgezz
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6660|USA

Kmarion wrote:

Harmor wrote:

I'll give him some credit for admitting his bias.

However..Question,
He says he doesn't have all the facts and then says the Police acted "stupidly"?

http://i34.tinypic.com/w048y0.jpg
More and more, this Gates is lookiong like he is the racist. I am wondering where Sharpton is now. He said he was gunna stand with him.

the more light that shines on this guy and on the cop, the more people realize the cop was right.
loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6587|Columbus, OH
Was it not too long ago Obama told the black people to start taking responsibility for their own action at NAACP convention?
I wonder if he didn't want to seem like an Uncle Tom and side with the police, but after reading an AP article he does mention cooler heads would of prevailed....implying both parties are at fault.

WASHINGTON (AP) -- President Barack Obama is standing by his assertion that police did not need to arrest a Harvard scholar who was trying to get into his own home.

Obama said in an interview with ABC that he has "extraordinary respect" for the challenges and hardships that law enforcement officers face every day in their line of work. But at the same time he said he didn't think it was necessary to arrest Henry Louis Gates Jr.

Obama said "cooler heads should have prevailed" in the incident. But he did not retract his initial statement that he thought police had "acted stupidly" and said such incidents "get elevated in ways that probably don't make much sense."
link

Then again the Harvard Scholar should of listen and remembered Obama's 2009 NAACP speech about "Your Destiny is in Your Hands" speech and not run his lips
Red Forman
Banned
+402|5409

Red Forman wrote:

http://www.amnation.com/vfr/Police%20report%20on%20Gates%20arrest.PDF
Hmmmm...no responses eh?  No surprise really.  Obama is like a lot of people on this forum.  They speak well with big fancy words and talk in circles but in the end they are just plain useless.
imortal
+240|6674|Austin, TX
Has anything else from this made the news, or did media coverage just disappear as soon as the police report was released?
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6590|SE London

imortal wrote:

Has anything else from this made the news, or did media coverage just disappear as soon as the police report was released?
The police report was released from day one.

I posted a link to it ages ago, but the paper removed it from their site after very little time at all.
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6725
The officer may file a defamation suit...
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/story?id … amp;page=1

I think the best solution would be for Gates to do a seminar on race relations with police and invite the police to join in for a real and frank dialog...  This could be turned into a positive...
Love is the answer

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard