Metal-Eater-GR
I can haz titanium paancakez?
+490|6419
That is great, well-played Uzique. Good luck with sorting the thing out. Sounds like she is really worth your time
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6617
Thanks all, you're all actual legends.

And if it doesn't work out, well at least I can get pissed in style and then hang myself originally using the uplifting force of several helium balloons.

Oh and I'll wrap those red-heart fairy lights around my asphyxiating penis as I dangle, naked, solitary and alone.

Either way then really, it's going to be a good outcome.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
ghettoperson
+1,943|6796

The fairy lights seem a much cheerier way to do it than the way David Carradine did it.
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6295|'straya
Ok so i've got one of my own

Ok so this chick is pretty obviously coming onto me. She pretty hot, nice enough. However I don't really "feel" anything at all for her. (apart from her being hot haha) So, should I go ahead and flirt with her etc and see where it goes. Or not bother since I don't really like her more than a (hot) friend.
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6926|Great Brown North

ghettoperson wrote:

The fairy lights seem a much cheerier way to do it than the way David Carradine did it.
this

AND! you'll be a BF2s legend for all time

srsly though, hope it all works out, and if not...  strangle her friend with the lights and beat him with the empty bottle

Little BaBy JESUS wrote:

Ok so this chick is pretty obviously coming onto me. She pretty hot, nice enough. However I don't really "feel" anything at all for her. (apart from her being hot haha) So, should I go ahead and flirt with her etc and see where it goes. Or not bother since I don't really like her more than a (hot) friend.
go for it
Metal-Eater-GR
+490|6419

Little BaBy JESUS wrote:

Do you have anything to lose?
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,054|6769|Little Bentcock

Little BaBy JESUS wrote:

If you find her attractive you will flirt back naturally, which is the best and most subtle way. If you have to try anything then you aren't doing it right.
Hakei
Banned
+295|6142

Metal-Eater-GR wrote:

Little BaBy JESUS wrote:

I guess there's obviously something in terms of his relationship with the girl's friend. Integrity and trust can be easily lost if you flirt with a girl and a friend sees. If you think it'll kick off with the other girl, don't go there. At the end of the day - I'd never date a girl that was obviously coming on to both me and my friend (Take the term obviously loosely) because I'd feel inadequate. Most girls are like this and around your age it's much harder for a girl to have a positive image of herself and actually be self confident enough to allow for you to flirt/be attracted to both of them.
CammRobb
Banned
+1,510|6277|Carnoustie MASSIF
Lol. I ain't got no girl problems. Bitches don't mean shit.
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6295|'straya

Hakei wrote:

Metal-Eater-GR wrote:

Little BaBy JESUS wrote:

I guess there's obviously something in terms of his relationship with the girl's friend. Integrity and trust can be easily lost if you flirt with a girl and a friend sees. If you think it'll kick off with the other girl, don't go there. At the end of the day - I'd never date a girl that was obviously coming on to both me and my friend (Take the term obviously loosely) because I'd feel inadequate. Most girls are like this and around your age it's much harder for a girl to have a positive image of herself and actually be self confident enough to allow for you to flirt/be attracted to both of them.
Sorry I may have mis worded. Shes not coming onto me and a friend. I see her as a friend. We naturally get on and flirt alittle, but I really don't have any feelings for her. (but it'd be nice to break my bit-of-a dry spell)
Hakei
Banned
+295|6142

Little BaBy JESUS wrote:

Hakei wrote:

Metal-Eater-GR wrote:

Sorry I may have mis worded. Shes not coming onto me and a friend. I see her as a friend. We naturally get on and flirt alittle, but I really don't have any feelings for her. (but it'd be nice to break my bit-of-a dry spell)
Oh wow, yeah - no it was me. I miss read a word at the end of your post, I thought you liked her hot friend more, instead you meant you don't like her more than a hot friend. :p

In that case, it's probably not a good idea to get involved unless you can hump it and dump it without feeling bad / any repercussions in the future.
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub

krazed wrote:

go for it
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,054|6769|Little Bentcock

Uzique wrote:

So yeah, I'm fucking smooth.

Picked her up from the train station, walked back home with her, talking nicely all the way - it felt fresh again, revitalised, somehow different...

Got in, sat down on the sofa and had a nice snuggle, she was completely unawares that I had done anything, of course.

Had a smirk on my face, feeling confident by this point, led her up to her room on the top floor... she was gobsmacked, teary, overwhelmed.

And I'm back on the poon.

God, being in love rules.

This shitty experience has had the bonus benefit of realising that loads of you guys here are actually sound blokes and pretty awesome guys. Thanks a lot for all your replies and for generally being cool and considerate towards a regular poster that often doesn't amount or contribute to a great deal more than telling you all how (supposedly) shit you are. Have a new-found respect for Bf2s now. I owe you all a pint!
Having a few serious relationships with the same struggle soon puts a different perspective on life.
TSI
Cholera in the time of love
+247|6127|Toronto

Uzique wrote:

Picked her up from the train station, walked back home with her, talking nicely all the way - it felt fresh again, revitalised, somehow different...

Got in, sat down on the sofa and had a nice snuggle, she was completely unawares that I had done anything, of course.

Had a smirk on my face, feeling confident by this point, led her up to her room on the top floor... she was gobsmacked, teary, overwhelmed.

This shitty experience has had the bonus benefit of realising that loads of you guys here are actually sound blokes and pretty awesome guys. Thanks a lot for all your replies and for generally being cool and considerate towards a regular poster that often doesn't amount or contribute to a great deal more than telling you all how (supposedly) shit you are. Have a new-found respect for Bf2s now. I owe you all a pint!
Good man. Glad it worked out.
I like pie.
Amdi Peter
peut-être
+111|5694|paris
Nice it worked out for you, way to go!
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub

Uzique wrote:

we love you too <3

glad everything worked out
Metal-Eater-GR
+490|6419
You win.
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6796
Nice one uzi! You were able to play it cool and I know how hard that is.

I envy you...I miss my ex and haven't spoken to her since I left to avoid falling in the friends zone. I also had a massive argument with her before so we didn't leave eachother on the best of terms

I've hooked up with other girls but I can't get over her and all I want to do is pick up the phone, give her a call but I fear she's moved on and won't give a shit...meh
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6885|Toronto | Canada

..teddy..jimmy wrote:

I envy you...I miss my ex and haven't spoken to her since I left to avoid falling in the friends zone.

I can't get over her and all I want to do is pick up the phone, give her a call but I fear she's moved on and won't give a shit...meh
Me too
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6617

..teddy..jimmy wrote:

I envy you...I miss my ex and haven't spoken to her since I left to avoid falling in the friends zone. I also had a massive argument with her before so we didn't leave eachother on the best of terms

I've hooked up with other girls but I can't get over her and all I want to do is pick up the phone, give her a call but I fear she's moved on and won't give a shit...meh
Tell her straight man, girls are even more nostalgic and long-lastingly sensitive about love and all the special stars and sparkles than blokes. Chances are, if you're still feeling raw and hurt from the bad break-up, so is she, deep down underneath all her pretentions of 'moving on' and enjoying life now. Give her a call, apologise sincerely for the way things went, maybe even risk that ultimate step of telling her how you feel now. As everyone else here says, what do you have to lose yourself, Teds? You're without her now - you're unhappy. You get things off your mind and be frank and honest with someone that was, in essence, your best-friend and confidential partner anyway, and at the very worst you'll still be without her but will be happy because the air is clear. Win/win. I know hwo you feel about hooking up with girls meaninglessly for lust-driven nights and playful games... it's fun, for about a week, then the art of the chase gets stale.

Tonight I dine in Lesbos!
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6715|Mountains of NC

I want to know - who has used match.com or chemistry.com or adultfinder.com and actually meet them in RL
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6767|London, England
I've been owned twice now, first time was pure ownage when I was 16. Second time was more of me being silly, but still owned in the long term.

Ah well at least you can sit back and lol at it all afterwards
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6796

Uzique wrote:

..teddy..jimmy wrote:

Tell her straight man, girls are even more nostalgic and long-lastingly sensitive about love and all the special stars and sparkles than blokes. Chances are, if you're still feeling raw and hurt from the bad break-up, so is she, deep down underneath all her pretentions of 'moving on' and enjoying life now. Give her a call, apologise sincerely for the way things went, maybe even risk that ultimate step of telling her how you feel now. As everyone else here says, what do you have to lose yourself, Teds? You're without her now - you're unhappy. You get things off your mind and be frank and honest with someone that was, in essence, your best-friend and confidential partner anyway, and at the very worst you'll still be without her but will be happy because the air is clear. Win/win. I know hwo you feel about hooking up with girls meaninglessly for lust-driven nights and playful games... it's fun, for about a week, then the art of the chase gets stale.

Will probably give her a call but the most annoying thing is I'm heading to Salcombe tomorrow but I leave a day before she gets there. She'll be there for a month, there will be other guys, she's good looking...unfortunately I've got to be realistic. Gahhhh! I was planning on just not talking to her for 3 months, showing up during freshers and let the sparks fly again...bad strategy?
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6617

..teddy..jimmy wrote:

Uzique wrote:

..teddy..jimmy wrote:

Will probably give her a call but the most annoying thing is I'm heading to Salcombe tomorrow but I leave a day before she gets there. She'll be there for a month, there will be other guys, she's good looking...unfortunately I've got to be realistic. Gahhhh! I was planning on just not talking to her for 3 months, showing up during freshers and let the sparks fly again...bad strategy?
It's a viable strategy but there ain't nothing to say it will make you happy... Fresher's Week is good fun but it's just a game, really.

If you meant anything to her then she won't have any meaningful relation with other guys, even if she is a fiiine dish. If she does, then let that be a judgement of sorts, I guess. Just because you can't physically see her and hang out with her, doesn't mean you can't clear the air and put your cards on the table, anyway. Better to know than to torture yourself with doubt and pessimism, like I have been doing for the last week!

Last edited by Uzique (2009-07-23 13:27:04)

Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6902|Scotland

Uzique wrote:

All I have to say to that.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard