gandlers
+4|6722
The 1.21 patched fixed SF for me, I have never really been able play SF due to severe lagging. Having seen the new patch I decided to install it...OMG... Why can't EA just fix the bugs, is there some unwritten rule with programmers that they have to leave bugs in software otherwise they are making themselves redundant???

Played warlord tonight on SF and witnessed the RAD/Blue Tag at least 20 times, died loads as a result as I paused to work out what he was wearing, was he SAS like me or was it a rag head....no its a rag head...open fire......damn dead..

I hate EA...bunch of noobs...why cant valve do the coding, they are a lot better; look how smooth CS and the whole steam thing is. Talk note EA, learn to code properly.

So when they fix the tag bug, (sorry.....if), whatcha think they'll put in, random direction control; press W and move in whatever direction the random generator decides. Maybe they'll introduce the bug where pressing fire button causes you to drop all weapons in the middle of a fire fight. They must be brainstorming already on how to f*ck the game up even more than they have already.

Gandlers
$kelet0r
+16|6703
Red/blue Tag Bug Is Back? - it never left
My_pet_squirrel
Have you seen my nutz?
+126|6641

$kelet0r wrote:

Red/blue Tag Bug Is Back? - it never left
that was my thought
TerrorisT²
Melbourne Shuffler
+214|6647|Gold Coast, Australia
Stop Complaining, if they arnt shooting you, just dont shoot back, common sence, if they are wearing the same uniform, duh.
joker8baller
+68|6688
lol I don't think you ever played with red tag bug... Or if you really "play" it's hard, because usually you become trained to shoot anything that moves with a red name...
Sn0wMan
Spray 'n Pray
+1|6861
Actually I'm trained to shoot anything that has more than two legs.
VspyVspy
Sniper
+183|6694|A sunburnt country
How often do you guys see the red/blue tag bug?

I have been playing for 289 hours and have only seen it about 5 - 6 times.

Am I just lucky or what ?
Cyberwolf
Banned
+14|6713

.:[CarelesS]:. wrote:

Stop Complaining, if they arnt shooting you, just dont shoot back, common sence, if they are wearing the same uniform, duh.
One of the best replies I've heard in a long time. I remember people complaining after TK'ing me since I was "Red" well gee whiz...I punished you because 1) I wasn't shooting you and 2) I was throwing ammo bags at your feet. Not something an enemy soldier does unless he has no clue what he is doing.
Stealth42o
She looked 18 to me officer
+175|6693
Yea I am getting it to now :-(
Souljah
+42|6689
looking at uniforms isnt all that hard and i still manage to kill the person with wrong color name. but its hard when they have the red tag and are in a vehicle. like a tank or apc. there is no way of knowing until you shoot em with a rocket or something and then look, team vehicle damage, DAM!
superjohnyo
+0|6698|Texas
I think I have only seen this bug maybe 10 times in all, happening to me 3 or 4 of those times.
DaReJa
BF2s US Server Admin
+257|6648|Los Angeles, California, US.
How about the green name bug?

This guy joined my squad then switched teams, I could track him anywhere he went . But, TK if ya kill him, but anyways I guess thats how you get 7/6 people in a squad.
Battlelog: DaReJa
MyBFi/BF3i Admin

AKA DanielRJ
GameSurge IRC Network, Support Agent and Staff
Phuzion IRC Network, Support Director and Operator
Kontrolfreq
+50|6626|Cambridge UK
Getting rid of the red tags all together would cure this....  Might have to make blue tags appear earlier though.
millhous
+39|6658|OREEGONE, USA
I've only seen the bug once.  Doesn't really matter just as long as i get some killing in.
Teknoir
+5|6667|St. Paul, Minnesota
Ya know, I'm trying to think if I've ever seen this bug before... can someone explain exactly what this bug is?  I'm guessing it has something to do with team identification, but I'm not seeing where the bug would be.  I've always been able to tell who is who simply by hovering my crosshairs over the target for a second.  (except in the case where there are red... which takes longer.)  But if it takes longer, I assume it's a bad guy and shoot.  So far I've always been right.  Maybe I'm just shooting with rose colored glasses on.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6738|Riva, MD
Yeah, it's back and worse than ever.  It's getting old very fast.  Hopefully they'll fix it in v1.3.  The numbers in the bottom of the map are kind of distracting too.  That's been happening since 1.2.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6738|Riva, MD

Teknoir wrote:

Ya know, I'm trying to think if I've ever seen this bug before... can someone explain exactly what this bug is?  I'm guessing it has something to do with team identification, but I'm not seeing where the bug would be.  I've always been able to tell who is who simply by hovering my crosshairs over the target for a second.  (except in the case where there are red... which takes longer.)  But if it takes longer, I assume it's a bad guy and shoot.  So far I've always been right.  Maybe I'm just shooting with rose colored glasses on.
It makes your teammates names appear red, which is the color above people for the other team.  Your instincts tell you to shoot people with red names.  If your teammate is red, you may shoot first and ask questions later, which is the case with a lot of n00bs.  The way to overcome this is to look at what a person is wearing, but sometimes there is no time, or in some cases no common sense so there are n00bs who keep shooting you no matter how many times you tell them it's the red-teammate glitch.  If they are red and are the pilot/driver a of a vehicle, it makes it that much harder to tell if they are actually a friendly or not.
H3llWeasel
+0|6746
its painfully obvious the number of people who dont play other fps games
how bout you shoot people based on their appearance, not the color of their name
its easy to tell by faces (for snipers and close range) but its really not that hard to tell a difference in the two teams clothing, its a whole lot faster that way too instead of waiting for a name to appear

as for people that constantly tk from the bug, grow a farking brain, if youre MEC, and an "enemy" soldier that looks just like you keeps spawning at your base, it probably means hes on your team, this is a shooting game, practice your reading elsewhere
KnowMeByTrailOfDead
Jackass of all Trades
+62|6702|Dayton, Ohio
Alright,  The appearance argument is great and all, IF nobody ever uses a vehical or snipes from long distances.  Yes it is Bug yes we all do our best to deal with it.  The only solution is to never switch teams, EVER.  So that the clients do not get confussed as to what team you are on.  Other wise, just say sorry when you TK.
{PAMD64}canuk
+0|6748
I have seen it a lot recently. I normally can avoid TK'ing vuz i look at the uniforms, but there have been a few times when i have hit a tank and gotten team tamage. I also once downed a BH with AA and got a tk.
juanito
+2|6714
the bug had never left its just that the new patch made it worse =P  i was playing SF last week and after the map changed i joined a squad but i always saw two squad leaders.  all i know is that they really have to fix this problem because it seems like everytime i connect to a server i have that problem more often then not.
iceman785
+93|6694|Alaska, mother fucker.

Sn0wMan wrote:

Actually I'm trained to shoot anything that has more than two legs.
what about treads or wheels? or.... metal bars (cobra) or..... propellers just messin
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6648|Warlord

H3llWeasel wrote:

its painfully obvious the number of people who dont play other fps games
how bout you shoot people based on their appearance, not the color of their name
its easy to tell by faces (for snipers and close range) but its really not that hard to tell a difference in the two teams clothing, its a whole lot faster that way too instead of waiting for a name to appear
Oh come on, in all seriousness what about some guy running across a street at the limit of visibility on a foggy map? Especially in a complex too-and-fro engagement? "Yeah, let me take time out of my busy shooting schedule to assess your clothing before trying to drop you because you have a red name floating over your head..."

There is no answer to the in-vehicle problem, you just can't tell in most cases until it is too late. I got my first two deductions last week for shooting at what I later realised were team vehicles - one was a gunner atop a Vodnik (couldn't see enough to tell clearly although I realised just in time to not destroy it) and the other guy was driving a tank so how could I tell? Luckily I can't do the 'magic' one-shot kill for a tank!
strikeman67
+5|6634
I was playing last night in HAF's server which was running Wake Island.  The server placed me on the PLA side.  The Red Tag sickness infect me that night.  I was TKed alot, even at close range (3' - 5').  My team could clear see that I was wearing a PLA uniform.  I did not fire back or punish any of the TKs. 

I hope EA\Dice will fix this issue soon.
nikki_lighthouse
+5|6619
I agree that this bug is annoying and I hope they fix it soon because the first few times it happened to me (being a n0ob and all) it really threw my game.

I am much better able to shoot based on appearance and behaviour now, though obviously vehicles and people at long range cause a problem. As does working myself into a decent position (which for me takes a while ) only to be TK'd and have to start again. Sometimes people really do not get the message no matter how many times you point it out to them. I very rarely punsih TKs because I know how easy it is to make a mistake but this is one case where I sometimes do because sometimes it's the only way to get through to people. Also, I really resent the fact that those "team"kills and "team"damagesI have commited because of this bug go down on my stats against me.

Also, I never swap teams unless ther server forces me too (I'm not a splitter!) and AFAIK everytime this has happened to me I have remained on the same team throughout my session. Not the end of the world I know but I hope they sort it soon!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard