lowing
Banned
+1,662|6644|USA
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_harvard_s … disorderly

This shithead was begging for trouble from the police and when he got what he was begging for, he screams racism. Typical. you will also find Sharpton the race pimp, getting involved. He loves this shit.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6145|what

Gates said he turned over his driver's license and Harvard ID — both with his photos — and repeatedly asked for the name and badge number of the officer, who refused. He said he then followed the officer as he left his house onto his front porch, where he was handcuffed in front of other officers, Gates said in a statement released by his attorney, fellow Harvard scholar Charles Ogletree, on a Web site Gates oversees, TheRoot.com

He was arrested on a disorderly conduct charge after police said he "exhibited loud and tumultuous behavior." He was released later that day on his own recognizance. An arraignment was scheduled for Aug. 26.
Black Harvard scholar equals shithead, lowing? Grow up.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6493|so randum
I agree he's probably playing the race card, but i don't exactly think he was begging for trouble.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6624|Finland

He totally looks like a burglar. Hope he's not carrying a needle of crackpipe in that suit of his.

https://img190.imageshack.us/img190/9207/captphoto12481314937801.jpg

I know I know, he wasn't clothed like that at the time of the arrest. But still. On the other hand, he should've just said that he lived there instead of going all Rodney King. Racism? Maybe. Instigating the Police? Possibly.

Be as it may, he's not more of a shithead than you are when the evil liberals come.
I need around tree fiddy.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6644|USA

AussieReaper wrote:

Gates said he turned over his driver's license and Harvard ID — both with his photos — and repeatedly asked for the name and badge number of the officer, who refused. He said he then followed the officer as he left his house onto his front porch, where he was handcuffed in front of other officers, Gates said in a statement released by his attorney, fellow Harvard scholar Charles Ogletree, on a Web site Gates oversees, TheRoot.com

He was arrested on a disorderly conduct charge after police said he "exhibited loud and tumultuous behavior." He was released later that day on his own recognizance. An arraignment was scheduled for Aug. 26.
Nope, dumb fuck who refused to cooperate with an investigation by police responding to a B & E. the guy refused to answer questions or produce a fucking ID ( until after he escalated the situation of course). This is what makes him a shithead. Education level has little to do with being a fuckin asshole.

Also not the first time it has happened with this idiot. I take it you didn't even read the article.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6644|USA

FatherTed wrote:

I agree he's probably playing the race card, but i don't exactly think he was begging for trouble.
The cops responded to a call, they found him who refused to cooperate. Yeah he is begging for trouble
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6624|Finland

The question to you lowing is, would it have happened if he had been white? Same clothes, same age, same neighbourhood, but white. Would the neighbour even have called the cops?
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6145|what

lowing wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

Nope, dumb fuck who refused to cooperate with an investigation by police responding to a B & E. the guy refused to answer questions or produce a fucking ID ( until after he escalated the situation of course). This is what makes him a shithead. Education level has little to do with being a fuckin asshole.

Also not the first time it has happened with this idiot. I take it you didn't even read the article.
Gates joined the Harvard faculty in 1991 and holds one of 20 prestigious "university professors" positions at the school. He also was host of "African American Lives," a PBS show about the family histories of prominent U.S. blacks, and was named by Time magazine as one of the 25 most influential Americans in 1997.

Tell me where the article says its not the first timed it's happened with Mr Gates. Did you read the article? lol
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6574|SE London

The real question is, why were the officers involved so stupid as to arrest him, when he had produced multiple sources of photo ID showing that he was the homeowner?

Why did they refuse to give him their badge numbers? Surely they are required to do that?

Seems like really stupid behaviour on the part of the officers.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6644|USA

DonFck wrote:

The question to you lowing is, would it have happened if he had been white? Same clothes, same age, same neighbourhood, but white. Would the neighbour even have called the cops?
Fuck yes, or do you really think a cop responding to a B and E, finding a white guy who refuses to answer questions, refuses to produce an ID, and is being belligerent to the cops on the scene will just get off with a warning such as,  "man, you're lucky you are white or we would arrest you"
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6624|Finland

lowing wrote:

DonFck wrote:

Fuck yes, or do you really think a cop responding to a B and E, finding a white guy who refuses to answer questions, refuses to produce an ID, and is being belligerent to the cops on the scene will just get off with a warning such as,  "man, you're lucky you are white or we would arrest you"
Don't point out to people that they didn't even read the article when you didn't even read my three sentences.

DonFck wrote:

Would the neighbour even have called the cops?
Also, I refer to Bertsters post above. The cops didn't handle things in the best way either.
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6639

AussieReaper wrote:

You have very selective reading skills.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6145|what

Donnie, he didn't even read the article.

AussieReaper wrote:

lowing wrote:

Tell me where the article says its not the first timed it's happened with Mr Gates. Did you read the article? lol
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6644|USA

AussieReaper wrote:

lowing wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

Gates joined the Harvard faculty in 1991 and holds one of 20 prestigious "university professors" positions at the school. He also was host of "African American Lives," a PBS show about the family histories of prominent U.S. blacks, and was named by Time magazine as one of the 25 most influential Americans in 1997.

yer right, I mis-read where it was his colleague that could not produce an ID when questioned by police in 2004. My mistake.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6644|USA

DonFck wrote:

lowing wrote:

DonFck wrote:

Don't point out to people that they didn't even read the article when you didn't even read my three sentences.

DonFck wrote:

Also, I refer to Bertsters post above. The cops didn't handle things in the best way either.
What are you talking about, I answered your question with an explanation.

Or was "FUCK YES" not clear enough?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6098|eXtreme to the maX

lowing wrote:

This shithead was begging for trouble from the police
According to the Police, who had to cover their asses having just arrested someone in his own home.
He was arrested on a disorderly conduct charge after police said he "exhibited loud and tumultuous behavior."
Pretty sure you can be as loud and tumultuous as you like in your own home, even if you're black.

Maybe the guy was being a dick, maybe the Police were being dicks, each is equally likely based on this report.
No big deal, no need to saddle the horses or get the white pointy hats out just yet.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6624|Finland

lowing wrote:

DonFck wrote:

lowing wrote:

DonFck wrote:

You answered "Fuck yes" to the cops behaviour (which I per se find a bit odd, let's wait until your door's stuck and the cops come into your house, after which you will be posting here about a police nation), but you did NOT answer my question about the neighbour calling the cops or not had he been white.

..or was my quote that highlighted the question not clear enough?

Also, I agree with Dilbert above.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6644|USA

Dilbert_X wrote:

lowing wrote:

This shithead was begging for trouble from the police
According to the Police, who had to cover their asses having just arrested someone in his own home.
He was arrested on a disorderly conduct charge after police said he "exhibited loud and tumultuous behavior."
Pretty sure you can be as loud and tumultuous as you like in your own home, even if you're black.

Maybe the guy was being a dick, maybe the Police were being dicks, each is equally likely based on this report.
No big deal, no need to saddle the horses or get the white pointy hats out just yet.
Sorry, when asked to produce an ID you kinda sorta gotta. Also it can be construed, and rightfully so, as interfering with an investigation.

you know damn well this guy was looking to try and prove something and pushed far enough to make sure he got results so he could scream racism. You all outta know it is easy to find racism especially when all you gotta do is make it up.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6145|what

lowing wrote:

Sorry, when asked to produce an ID you kinda sorta gotta. Also it can be construed, and rightfully so, as interfering with an investigation.
He produced his ID. Two sets of photo ID.

The police officer refused to give name and badge number.

So, your point is.... what?
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6644|USA

DonFck wrote:

lowing wrote:

DonFck wrote:

lowing wrote:

You answered "Fuck yes" to the cops behaviour (which I per se find a bit odd, let's wait until your door's stuck and the cops come into your house, after which you will be posting here about a police nation), but you did NOT answer my question about the neighbour calling the cops or not had he been white.

..or was my quote that highlighted the question not clear enough?

Also, I agree with Dilbert above.
Yes white people do call the police on white criminal behavior, pretty silly to assume white people give white criminals a pass. If you believe that shit, please produce a stat that reinforces it.

And contrary to popular BF2S belief, you do not have the right to act anyway you want in your own home, especially in front of a cop investigating a reported crime
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6644|USA

AussieReaper wrote:

lowing wrote:

not initially. He refused in the beginning.

the cops refusal to bow to this guy is understandable. At that time, the cop was in control of the scene, not the suspect.

Already stated my point. this guy was baiting for anything he could use to scream racism. All he had to do was be respectful, hell even appreciative, and understanding to what the cop had to do, given the cop came to HIS home to protect it. you would think a Harvard professor would smart enough to know that.

Last edited by lowing (2009-07-21 05:35:15)

Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6639
It amazing how fast common sense goes out the door when it turns into a everyone vs. lowing thread.

All the mans gotta do when the cops ask him for his ID is give the cops his ID and that would be the end of it.

Second, if you look like you're trying to break into house, it doesn't matter what skin color you are. Get the fuck over it.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6145|what

lowing wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

lowing wrote:

not initially. He refused in the beginning.

the cops refusal to bow to this guy is understandable. At that time, the cop was in control of the scene, not the suspect.
Um, what?

The cop has to bows to someone when asked for name and badge number after they have concluded the B&E investigation?

You really are biased against black people, aren't you?
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6145|what

lowing wrote:

Already stated my point. this guy was baiting for anything he could use to scream racism.
Planned this for months did he?

I'll break into my own home to be abused by police officers so I am arrested and can then claim racism.

Yeah, he was baiting the officers from day one...
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6574|SE London

Ajax_the_Great1 wrote:

It amazing how fast common sense goes out the door when it turns into a everyone vs. lowing thread.

All the mans gotta do when the cops ask him for his ID is give the cops his ID and that would be the end of it.

Second, if you look like you're trying to break into house, it doesn't matter what skin color you are. Get the fuck over it.
He did. He gave them 2 forms of photo ID showing he was the home owner. The cops refused to give him their badge numbers.

He did what he was supposed to do, the cops didn't. Then they arrested him for disorderly conduct in his own home - despite the fact you have to be in a public place (or someone elses privately owned premises) to be charged with disorderly conduct.

It's very clear cut and the cops were in the wrong. If he got a bit over excited, then fair enough, it's his house, he's allowed to.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard