Red Forman
Banned
+402|5393
Should Pete Rose be in the Baseball Hall of Fame?  I wish this story would die but it seems to be mentioned around every all star game.  I think I heard on ESPN yesterday that the commissioner is still reviewing the case.  I don't think he should be in the hall, but, I bet we could make that same claim for other soon to be all stars also.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pete_Rose
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6146|what

Yes.

Rose was known for sliding headfirst into a base, his signature move. This method is now used almost exclusively by stealing base runners today, and has been ever since the late '70s.

He's a pioneer of the modern game.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Red Forman
Banned
+402|5393
I don't think anyone questions his hustle.  But, what about the gambling on baseball?
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6530|Long Island, New York

Red Forman wrote:

I don't think anyone questions his hustle.  But, what about the gambling on baseball?
I'd bet a good portion of players today "cheat" under today's definition (steroids). Yet, I bet A-Rod is going to make it to the HOF...
Red Forman
Banned
+402|5393

Poseidon wrote:

Red Forman wrote:

I'd bet a good portion of players today "cheat" under today's definition (steroids). Yet, I bet A-Rod is going to make it to the HOF...
I wouldn't be so sure about that.  Mark McGuire is not going to get in or so it seems.
Swan
The town bike
+54|5440
no he should diaf tbh
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

Red Forman wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Red Forman wrote:

I wouldn't be so sure about that.  Mark McGuire is not going to get in or so it seems.
See, that's the thing about McGwire...I'm 99% sure he used them when they were legal? I don't see why he should get banned from the Hall if that were the case.

I saw the argument once somewhere that "Steroids are banned because they enhance performace. In that case, should Tiger Woods be banned from Golfing if he gets laser eye surgery?".

I say no, he should be banned because he's black.

Spoiler (highlight to read):
Jokes, ofc
Red Forman
Banned
+402|5393
What do you mean legal?  They were illegal to use in the US back then I think.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6625|949

yeah he should be inducted into the HOF.  Ty Cobb was probably the dirtiest player ever, and he is worshipped in the baseball community.  The HOF should be for baesball deeds only...there should be no moral police blocking someone who loved the game of baseball as much as Pete.  I mean we are talking one of the best hitters to ever play the game.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

Red Forman wrote:

What do you mean legal?  They were illegal to use in the US back then I think.
Were they? I consistently heard that they weren't banned in baseball when he was using them...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard