Hope_is_lost117
Psy squad
+49|5987|Belgium
Ok so just today I bought a home plug thing so I could get internet upstairs without having to drill a hole in the ceiling for extra cables so I was wondering, how come I can't see the lan network anymore ?
I tried google for reviews and didn't find anything ...
Any ideas ?
Tips please ?
Because playing bf1942 at home with my brother would be really cool if that could be pulled off
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6612|London, England
Wait a minute, if you're not running the cable upstairs, how are you getting internet

Wait, is this using the power socket?

I've heard about using power sockets, but I dunno. Is it a better way than using wireless?

edit: No it is wireless, lol nevermind.

edit 2: no wait, wtf

Last edited by Mekstizzle (2009-07-18 12:26:22)

Hope_is_lost117
Psy squad
+49|5987|Belgium
ViKosmo Homeplug 85Mbps Ethernet Bridge (VK-100HP)
This is what it's called Hope that helps
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6612|London, England
Well actually it does look like some sort of way of using your power lines for communication

I didn't know you could actually do that for home networking. Here I am using wireless for my PS3 like a loser. I'm gonna find out more about this shit.

But yeah, I don't know how the whole thing works in terms of software so I can't help you out with your problem of finding the network, it might be a router problem or a problem on your end (your upstairs PC)

Last edited by Mekstizzle (2009-07-18 12:30:50)

Hope_is_lost117
Psy squad
+49|5987|Belgium

Mekstizzle wrote:

Well actually it does look like some sort of way of using your power lines for communication

I didn't know you could actually do that for home networking. Here I am using wireless for my PS3 like a loser. I'm gonna find out more about this shit.

But yeah, I don't know how the whole thing works in terms of software so I can't help you out with your problem of finding the network, it might be a router problem or a problem on your end (your upstairs PC)
Yeah it's really easy, plug in a internet cable on one end plug into power then with the upstairs unit you just plug it in the power and into the computer 2 min setup (that the computer guy did ) and voila, internet

But apparently this model is or very new, or very secretive, or well not mass produced ...
Just was hoping for  some info
Idlewild
Disrupted Logic
+71|6319|Londawn
I use powerlines for my home network. 4 of them - two PCs one for the TV (bt vision) and one connected to the router. Initially i was having a lot of problems getting them to communicate with each other and i messed around with the buttons on the adapters and somehow, someway they found each other, then adding the other two was relatively simple. It seems like a real pain getting the initial two communicate each other and with the router but after that it's pretty easy.

And yeah it's far better than wireless I'm over the other side of the house to my router so it's ideal, i think the speed of the few i've got are 150Mb/s, and it's just plug in and play now.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard