Red Forman
Banned
+402|5396
If I re-install BF2 should I patch to the current level, or just wait till this patch is released?
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6464

Red Forman wrote:

If I re-install BF2 should I patch to the current level, or just wait till this patch is released?
Download the 1.41 patch, wait on 1.5 final.
Laika
+75|5940
I can't believe they're going to release with the alt+tab issue. I'd rather just stick with 1.41 if that's the case. Those fucking idiots have to ruin everything don't they?

I dunno, maybe someone'll come up with a fix.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6464

Ataronchronon wrote:

I can't believe they're going to release with the alt+tab issue. I'd rather just stick with 1.41 if that's the case. Those fucking idiots have to ruin everything don't they?

The fix is to turn off Anti-Aliasing.

Also they never said that they weren't going to fix the issue.
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6308

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

Ataronchronon wrote:

The game looks like shit without AA

This may sound kind of stupid but has anyone tried turning it off in-game and set your GPU to override it using the Nvidia control panel?

Or is it just anti aliasing in general.
Canadian_Sniper_X
+45|6485|Kamloops, BC Canada
I'll wait... Thanks guys
L.Sammy
+5|5634|Ireland
I have never used or will ever use alt/tab. Try ctrl/esc.
MrAnderson
Ghost Town T90/Apache Whore
+99|5995|Aberdeen, Scotland
Surely the issue would be with leaving the game itself, not the key-combination used to do so?
t0mhank5
+319|6708|Surge
I cant wait to play wiiiiiidescreeeen on my new laptopper!
H3RB4L ABU53
+45|5864|123 | 456 | 789 | Δ
Im getting used to widescreen now, even with the widescreen fix it OWNS in jet lol I'm well out of practice playing infantry now takes a lot of getting used to
Laika
+75|5940

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

Ataronchronon wrote:

I heard it straight out of Baza's mouth on the forums, and turning off AA isn't a fix.
_Dominiko_PL
TITS or gtfo.
+97|6517|Polish state of EU
Well, i checked carefully recent topics on EA BF2 Forums. Baza says that there won't be more fixes and the alt-tab won't be fixed too on the final patch. But it looks like still there are over 9000 more bugs, some of them really stupid and propably easy to fix... I feel disappointed, after waiting for a year... But, on the other hand, I want them to forget about BF2 and BF2142 and concentrate on BFBC2 and BF3
pauli *wsaf
+23|5783

Hakei wrote:

H3RB4L ABU53 wrote:

Hakei wrote:

Yeah, they'll pretty much have to - otherwise it'll be unranked.

Also, TVing on Op Clean Sweep is now as bad as TVing on Dragon pre 1.5?
I am no chopper whore, and had hardly any experience flying or gunning but I never seemed to have a problem TV'ing on Dragon Valley a little bit of guess work seemed to work lol but both teams have the same problem so hardly a disadvantage, I wonder why they didn't just change the colour for that map though (Dragon) ?
Pressing tab in between clicks allows you to see your cross-hair - yeah I don't think it's a disadvantage, but I'd like to be able to change the CH colour myself.
have you actually played beta3? cause the crosshair is still while lol... just the missile hud is black, simply rofl
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6687|Devon, England

pauli *wsaf wrote:

Hakei wrote:

H3RB4L ABU53 wrote:

I am no chopper whore, and had hardly any experience flying or gunning but I never seemed to have a problem TV'ing on Dragon Valley a little bit of guess work seemed to work lol but both teams have the same problem so hardly a disadvantage, I wonder why they didn't just change the colour for that map though (Dragon) ?
Pressing tab in between clicks allows you to see your cross-hair - yeah I don't think it's a disadvantage, but I'd like to be able to change the CH colour myself.
have you actually played beta3? cause the crosshair is still while lol... just the missile hud is black, simply rofl
That's what I said, but it seems in the final release he's made them both black with white edges (as I gathered from posts on the forum).
HSG
+23|6470|British Columbia, Canada

Red Forman wrote:

Why did u even uninstall, stats are life man.
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6377|the land of bourbon
ok, so i haven't really been following this since the first beta was release.  it was shite so i've not been paying attention to the latest releases.  so what's the deal?  can someone give me a short list of the good and bad?  (i cba to read so many pages.)
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
Fat_Swinub
jaff
+125|6431
Read my OP for changes
Sup3r_Dr4gon
Boat sig is not there anymore
+214|6323|Australia
Hmmmm.....interesting.....

G36E HUD does not react the same as other weapons during soldier movement - Fixed
Army hardware takes too long to spawn on Wake Island - Design decisions made this intentional
http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/batt … cking.html
Cyrax-Sektor
Official Battlefield fanboy
+240|6144|San Antonio, Texas
Bizon (PP-19) had no delay time after weapon switch - Fixed (this now has a delay of 0.666)

Mark of the beast!
venom6
Since day One.
+247|6555|Hungary
They should really check the whole game and the whole patching history. From step to step and they should test it or relase beta versions.
I wonder if they even play their own game, i think they dont. If they would play it they would know about the issues we are whining about.
They look the entire bf2 community lame! So we are lame as we have to beg for a fix what they actually dont even know (they dont play it).

1.6 or 2.0 needed!
Spoonfed_Commando
+3|5456|Australia
I'm sure they do play it but it's probably the same as a Musician not wanting to listen to their own CD at home. They probably love the game and are proud of it but cant enjoy it.

Has anyone heard anything about them fixing the Misfires when firing a jets laser guided missile? It would be cool if they also increased the speed of boats to make them a viable option when leaving the carrier.
HaiBai
Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
+304|5480|Bolingbrook, Illinois
Battlefield 2 v1.50 in 2-3 Weeks
DICE Producer, Barrie Tingle (@Bazajaytee) posted on the EA UK forums that the Battlefield 2 v1.50 patch will be released within roughly 2-3 weeks.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Waiting for the programmers to get back from vacation. I thought one would be due back at the start of this week but he wasn't. For those of you that don't know, Sweden has an odd practise of people taking vacation during the month of July for something called "Industrisemester" (not just DICE but all of Sweden). Think of everyone going on holiday at once and thats what it is

There are some things the tidy up before final like the inability to play Special Forces.

The release is more likely a matter of weeks away (2-3 weeks at a rough guess).

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

EA UK Forums
H3RB4L ABU53
+45|5864|123 | 456 | 789 | Δ
I was really hoping it would be this week
Spoonfed_Commando
+3|5456|Australia
They need to increase the effectiveness of the Essex AA gun. It's useless against jets and choppers. The AA should have a larger lock on range than a choppers TVG Missile
Spoonfed_Commando
+3|5456|Australia
...AND have a more powerful chain gun.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard