Soldier-Of-Wasteland
Mephistopheles
+40|6663|Land of the Very Cold
Hi... sorry if this has already been asked before (couldn't find anything close to it with various searches)

Is it possible for the commander assest (artillery, radar,...) to be repaired instantly ?

Because a friend of mine was playing on a server with a name similar to Men Of Honor and blew up the enemy artillery only to see it being auto-repaired a few seconds later. So he went later on to blow em up again, and the same thing happened although no one or no supply boxes were anywhere near the artillery.

Then after asking why was this happening, all he got back as an answer was something like "why do you care ?"

cheat/hack or bug or both ?

I have no screenshots to reinforce this, but I will check it out again myself later on this week.

cheerz!
Nagarond.Damminson
+16|6764
i wanna say when you starting repairing a destroyed piece, you only have to repair it a little before it is back operational yet still very weak. Someone could just buzz bye in a jeep as an engi and heal it a lil till its operational then keep going?
Soldier-Of-Wasteland
Mephistopheles
That was an option but no one was nearby at all, which is the strange part. Otherwise yes just one crank on it can "repair" it
Citizen One
한국 공주
+338|6656|South Korea.
Supply Crate. The End.
Soldier-Of-Wasteland
Mephistopheles
NO supply crate was there, cant u read ?
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6650

Citizen One wrote:

Supply Crate. The End.
Soldier-Of-Wasteland
Mephistopheles
no supply crate, and nobody, or the enemy would have showed up on UAV. and it was instantly repaired to full, needing 2 C4 to blow it up again
bingobones
+6|6732|London, UK
its a bug
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6701|Howell, Mi USA

Citizen One wrote:

Supply Crate. The End.
He said no supply crates where around though. Dunno but "y do u care?" seems like a cheater answer to me.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
Rosse_modest
+76|6783|Antwerp, Flanders
This often happens.
Had it happen last weekend too on dragon valley 64 player, blew up 2 arty's and damaged the third and waited a while continually asking my commander for supplies so I could blow the **** out of the third arty. Commander wouldn't drop any supplies (I later found out he was continually dropping supplies over the sea and those rivers where it sank to the bottom and didn't serve any purpose) and then all of a sudden I notice that all three arties are fully repaired and back in the down position.

No enemy engineer or supply crate nearby.

All those people saying supply crate blablabla obviously haven't played BF2 long enough
(or they haven't been paying enough attention to what's happening around them)
INCSOC
Member since 1984
+113|6686|Denver, CO
sometimes when the C4 is placed incorrectly (not near the "stomach" of the piece), the Arty (or other assets) remains with 1 or .5 hit points.  The asset appears destroyed for about 2-3 seconds but then miraculously shows up alive again.  If you destroy the arty with 3 C4s instead of 2, the asset will actually have negative hit points and will take much longer to repair.  I have more than 60 hours as a commander in 2 accounts and have seen this many many times... it has also cost many and many Spec Ops their lives   Hope this helps.
Soldier-Of-Wasteland
Mephistopheles
Alrighty,,, I'll check it out myself, maybe tonight. My favorite past time is blowing up enemy assests, especially when my commander UAV's my area and drops supply for me to continue my quest
Scorpian65
+14|6745
I've seen this a couple times in the past. Never knew what caused it, but the stuff would repair instantly. I'm talking right before my eyes just after I had blown it up. Obviously if I'm standing there looking at it there was no supply crate or engineer on it. Could this be part of the MXS commander hack?
TRODPINT
Banned
+2|6609|Afghanistan

Citizen One wrote:

Supply Crate. The End.
Did you even read what he said?
KnowMeByTrailOfDead
Jackass of all Trades
+62|6688|Dayton, Ohio
I have seen this on Dragon Valley on the Arty only.  I was an engineer going in for the repair point and the damn things just repaired themselves before I could get to them i was within sight, watched them just pop up with full health, no one there, no crate.  Only thing i got for the effort was the kill of the spec op as he was running away.  I have seen this multiple times on that map on different servers only on arty.   I think it is a map bug but may be wrong.
Milk.org
Bringing Sexy Back
+270|6783|UK

Cbass wrote:

Citizen One wrote:

Supply Crate. The End.
He said no supply crates where around though. Dunno but "y do u care?" seems like a cheater answer to me.
Good job we've got quincy here on the case.
Citizen One
한국 공주
+338|6656|South Korea.

Soldier-Of-Wasteland wrote:

NO supply crate was there, cant u read ?

Cbass wrote:

Citizen One wrote:

Supply Crate. The End.

TRODPINT wrote:

Did you even read what he said?
LOL
vjs
+19|6778
Not sure could be a bug, but I know a cheat exists that allows instant repair unlimited crates and unlimited arty. This hack even works if you not commander.

Question is did you get teh points for the destruction.... Also if it does magically reappear 1C4 should take it out.

If  it keeps happening take a few screen shots. Or leave the server
Auqakuh2213
Bianchi Whore.
+53|6676
Assets do autorepair anyway, after a certain amount of time. Obviously that's not what happened with relation to the incident in the first post, but I figure it's worth mentioning since some people don't seem to be aware of it. I always use three c4 on arty myself - had no idea two did the trick since I've never managed to blow anything up (save a tank, which only takes one, which strangely makes it weaker than a hut) with two.
graag
+7|6682
Dragon Valley 64 - auto repairing artillery bug
Wake Island - bug giving teamdamage when USMC specops explodes artillery on USMC occupied airfield. Maybe this one was fixed.
-=S8M=-Phoenix
+45|6800|South Cybertown, Texas
On Dragon Valley, if the Americans still own the dock flag the arty will repair itself!

You must cap the flag, distroy the UAV, Radar than the Arty!

On wake when the American own the airfeild the arty than becomes US arty! When you blow it up, you get team damange.

Last edited by -=S8M=-Phoenix (2006-04-04 11:20:44)

vjs
+19|6778
Never heard of the arty auto repairing, sort of makes sence but I think that's poor planning on EA's part. Either way I don't think that it would be an instant repair as the OP stated.
KnowMeByTrailOfDead
Jackass of all Trades
+62|6688|Dayton, Ohio

-=S8M=-Phoenix wrote:

On Dragon Valley, if the Americans still own the dock flag the arty will repair itself!

You must cap the flag, distroy the UAV, Radar than the Arty!

On wake when the American own the airfeild the arty than becomes US arty! When you blow it up, you get team damange.
Kinda makes it had to get repair points if it repairs itself before you can do it.
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6701|Howell, Mi USA

Milk.org wrote:

Cbass wrote:

Citizen One wrote:

Supply Crate. The End.
Good job we've got quincy here on the case.
LOL, smartass
https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
PunkX
stoned
+198|6630|Canada

Citizen One wrote:

Supply Crate. The End.
w1n!

Harhar, i think i've seen this too, i'd just be walking by arty and it would like, repair itself

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard