Ayumiz
J-10 whore
+103|6739|Singapore
I dont see any diff with the PKM. I feel that they havent changed anything except the p90 which shoots faster.
1stLt.MikeUSAF
+3|6640
same here, KUDOS to EA!
-MIKI3.
+70|6649|The Netherlands
I see differents..from long distance
docnutz
+39|6764|B O S T ON area
yup ,  much less accurate from long distance, i used to click off one bullet at a time and hit my target now it goes all over the place!
1stLt.MikeUSAF
+3|6640

docnutz wrote:

yup ,  much less accurate from long distance, i used to click off one bullet at a time and hit my target now it goes all over the place!
I used to do that all the time! It was great the LMGs were like Sniper Rifles!
alf.ha
+5|6745|Berlin/Germany
PKM is now very inaccurate for a second when going prone/crouch and always not really accurate when u dont use the sight or when u are moving, test it out.
I think its a good solution, before it was way overpowered.
Chaos81
+5|6694
As funny as it sounds, I've actually gotten better scores while using the PKM after the patch. I'm guessing it's probably because the other people with PKM's can't hit me as well.
Picouz/VoiD
The Insomniac
+39|6670
Really innacurate over long distance.. but can still mow down groups of people who are close.
My_pet_squirrel
Have you seen my nutz?
+126|6625
I switched my pkm out for claymores i got 300 kills yesterday with them hahaha =p i had 24 kills 2 deaths in a round
Terrible_chester
PKM Whore
+16|6641|Prolly on wake.
Delay is shitty, cnt win drop and pop duels anymore with support.

anything over 20 meters and you might as well be spitting at the enemy..you'd do more damage thats for sure. All your doing is giving away your position so you can watch through you zoomed in sight as the guy who should be dead stops, looks around for 4-5 full seconds, spots you, drop down and kills you with 2 shots. All the while your clicking away burning through your entire clip and land 1-2 hits...GG EA. On to the medic kit for me!

Just so Im clear, which kit is it you "pkm is too uber" cry babies want to nerf next so I can enjoy it before you get it fagged up like you did airpower and the pkm?
ApolloOperator
+0|6605|California :D
I'm kinda glad that the PKM isn't as good. MG36 is now worth something
knutal
+0|6611

Terrible_chester wrote:

Just so Im clear, which kit is it you "pkm is too uber" cry babies want to nerf next so I can enjoy it before you get it fagged up like you did airpower and the pkm?
The 1.2 patch made all support weapons more precise, but the PKM and MG36 became insanely precise. Min deviation for standard support weapons is 0.3 after 1.2, whereas PKM and MG36 had a min deviation of 0.1 from patch 1.2 to 1.22. That made them the most precise weapon in the game, except the snipers.

I view the insanely precise PKM and MG36 as one of many bugs introduced with the 1.2 patch, which is now corrected by the 1.22 patch.

Last edited by knutal (2006-04-03 00:01:08)

Terrible_chester
PKM Whore
+16|6641|Prolly on wake.

knutal wrote:

Terrible_chester wrote:

The 1.2 patch made all support weapons more precise, but the PKM and MG36 became insanely precise. Min deviation for standard support weapons is 0.3 after 1.2, whereas PKM and MG36 had a min deviation of 0.1 from patch 1.2 to 1.22. That made them the most precise weapon in the game, except the snipers.

I view the insanely precise PKM and MG36 as one of many bugs introduced with the 1.2 patch, which is now corrected by the 1.22 patch.
Good for you.
pdanrichey
+5|6812
I use to be able to hit people from distances while standing up.  That no longer happens.  Still, while firing single shots when you're in the prone position...it's a pretty good gun doing that.  I'll still use it!
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6632|Warlord

pdanrichey wrote:

I use to be able to hit people from distances while standing up.  That no longer happens.
It's not just at distance either! I was standing, shooting over the sights at someone motionless no more than 9-10 metres away last night and I might as well have been throwing the bullets at him for all the good it did.
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6652

Terrible_chester wrote:

Delay is shitty, cnt win drop and pop duels anymore with support.

anything over 20 meters and you might as well be spitting at the enemy..you'd do more damage thats for sure. All your doing is giving away your position so you can watch through you zoomed in sight as the guy who should be dead stops, looks around for 4-5 full seconds, spots you, drop down and kills you with 2 shots. All the while your clicking away burning through your entire clip and land 1-2 hits...GG EA. On to the medic kit for me!

Baby want a bottle? Gun still works as far as I can tell. Maybe you need to find a way to not suck.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6722|Riva, MD
It doesn't matter to me, I could take people off a building with the PKM before 1.2.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6721
same shit
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
H3llWeasel
+0|6730
this is how a support gun should work
this is how it was all along with 1.2 being the only exception, so those of us true support players who used it before will continue to use it
i like it better now that its gone back to how things were, theres not as much fun in running around in a standing position without sights and holding down the trigger
you should have a bruised chest from all the times you go prone during a match
bgthigfist
+0|6810
Had a blast using the PKM as a sniper rifle before this patch.  Never played support until I got it as an unlock at my last rank (had run out of weapons that I wanted to unlock), then didn't use it until the previous patch.  Unlike many, I never became a PKM whore, as I have too much fun playing medic now.  I have tried to move through and learn the fun aspects of all of the kits, and the super accurate PKM made support more enjoyable, but it was way too accurate.  Sort of sucks now, at least for me.  Now that I got my 15 hours in as support, I can go back to playing medic.  Ciao.
Terrible_chester
PKM Whore
+16|6641|Prolly on wake.

Ajax_the_Great1 wrote:

Baby want a bottle? Gun still works as far as I can tell. Maybe you need to find a way to not suck.
I dont know, do you want a bottle? Your the only one in this thread acting like a baby.

I was stating my opinion on the changes. the delay does suck, and was overkill. You do lose far more drop and pop duels than ever because of it. Obviously you were one of the crybabies I ws talking about, you've probably bitched about everything thats ever fragged you in BF2, demanding it be nerfed, crying about it being too good. My statement about people like yourself bitching and moaning wasnt so much about the PKM as it was about your bitching and moaning in general. Im tired of the nerf stick always being the only answer bitches like you can come up with when faced with a challenge. Run a little search and learn a little about someone before you try to flame them sparky, because if you knew anything about me you'd know that I agreed that a change might be in order, I have gone on record several times saying that the only reason I use the PKM is because it pisses fucktards like you off and makes them cry. also I've said they should simply turn down the "first shot" accuracy and leave everything else alone, this would stop the "click click click" sniping everyone was pissed off about and still allow the PKM to do what it is supposed to do, kill in volume.

I dont know why Im even continuing this as your ADD has no doubt kicked in and you've already forgotten your own name but I'll forge on. Your weak ass attempt at a flame has been soundly ass fucked, hope you enjoyed it gimp. Next time try adding something to the discussion other than a tired ass lame take accussing people of crying when in reality your the only one crying at all. tell your mother I said "bitch you told me you were on the pill" and that I wish she would have aborted you.  good night now!.
greedyj
+0|6667

Terrible_chester wrote:

Ajax_the_Great1 wrote:

I dont know, do you want a bottle? Your the only one in this thread acting like a baby.

I was stating my opinion on the changes. the delay does suck, and was overkill. You do lose far more drop and pop duels than ever because of it. Obviously you were one of the crybabies I ws talking about, you've probably bitched about everything thats ever fragged you in BF2, demanding it be nerfed, crying about it being too good. My statement about people like yourself bitching and moaning wasnt so much about the PKM as it was about your bitching and moaning in general. Im tired of the nerf stick always being the only answer bitches like you can come up with when faced with a challenge. Run a little search and learn a little about someone before you try to flame them sparky, because if you knew anything about me you'd know that I agreed that a change might be in order, I have gone on record several times saying that the only reason I use the PKM is because it pisses fucktards like you off and makes them cry. also I've said they should simply turn down the "first shot" accuracy and leave everything else alone, this would stop the "click click click" sniping everyone was pissed off about and still allow the PKM to do what it is supposed to do, kill in volume.

I dont know why Im even continuing this as your ADD has no doubt kicked in and you've already forgotten your own name but I'll forge on. Your weak ass attempt at a flame has been soundly ass fucked, hope you enjoyed it gimp. Next time try adding something to the discussion other than a tired ass lame take accussing people of crying when in reality your the only one crying at all. tell your mother I said "bitch you told me you were on the pill" and that I wish she would have aborted you.  good night now!.
You're kidding right? It's barely been changed...
Maybe you should think about your sig
edzed
+1|6701
I have not noticed any difference in anything. Most likley because I pay so little attention to these things. But first  1.22 round I went like 43-7 with pkm on 64 player karkand, so it has not affected me yet....
Terrible_chester
PKM Whore
+16|6641|Prolly on wake.

greedyj wrote:

Terrible_chester wrote:

Ajax_the_Great1 wrote:

You're kidding right? It's barely been changed...
Maybe you should think about your sig
Look at my stats, I've played almost exclusivley with the PKM since I started BF2. I notice a difference since the patch, I never had a problem with the need to change the accuracy, the delay however makes playing support feel like playing with lag. Also it is frustrating as hell to burn through 80 shots of a 100 round clip trying to kill one guy who is less than 50 meters away, Im not the only one reporting this problem either. Im never said a change wasnt needed Im saying that as they have with every other change EA has over done it once again. Maybe you havent noticed a difference, maybe you didnt play exclusivley with the PKM beofre the patch either.

As for your crack about my sig, pay attention please. I posted my thoughts on the PKM in a thread titled "post 1.22 PKM thoughts" some twit decided that instead of attemtping ot have a discussion with me he would simply play the "quit crying" card and come at me like some kind of gimp. I responded in kind.  So maybe you should read all the posts in the thread and fully understand whats going on in them before you side bust and try to be funny? I didnt start the flame war, never do. but I wont sit by and watch some fucktard run his mouth so I came back at him. My sig is a sort of a warning and a caution for all of us to try and have a grown up discussion in the forums because arguing really is silly. I guess it is you who should have thought about my sig before side busting eh?
Helmet1
+0|6629|Utah
This gun is not a sniper rifle.  Get over it.  Use it as it was meant to be used, and it kicks butt.  Go prone or crouch, use the sights, fire in bursts, and the points roll in.  I am glad they changed it to be more realistic, now the whole team isnt using it at once.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard