Chorcai
+49|6659|Ireland
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5S7CB4B_RaM

I know its a little clip but I just love the effects this game has !
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6656
hmm oki kind of short lol
yeah played the single player it was cool didnt have the key for multilayer...
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6167|Vancouver | Canada
I saw WiC + Exp. is only $20 on Steam.

I might get it..
KuSTaV
noice
+947|6522|Gold Coast
My ears just exploded.

I was thinking about this previously too. The detail to explosions, the smoke, the trees, the grass, the buildings... everything, its just insane for an RTS.
noice                                                                                                        https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/awsmsanta.png
Jestar
Shifty's Home Number: 02 9662 8432
+373|6752

It is an excellent game.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6686|Canberra, AUS
Ow. My ears.

Epic game btw
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6354
My dog just jumped to the roof. Nasty sound.

The game is mega though, played through SP 4 times ín a row. Still need to play Soviet Assault!

Last edited by Sisco10 (2009-07-14 02:56:09)

https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6783|PNW

Played through it once. The idea of playing through an expansion is...meh. It's a good game, but there's no way the Soviets would've thrown 800 tanks at one minor town in south Washington...and kept throwing them after a battleship parked offshore. Not when they're busy elsewhere in the state.

There's no tactical way to end some of these missions. They're just god damned endurance matches.
Chorcai
+49|6659|Ireland

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Played through it once. The idea of playing through an expansion is...meh. It's a good game, but there's no way the Soviets would've thrown 800 tanks at one minor town in south Washington...and kept throwing them after a battleship parked offshore. Not when they're busy elsewhere in the state.

There's no tactical way to end some of these missions. They're just god damned endurance matches.
Who cares the effects are still deadly all the same !
Chorcai
+49|6659|Ireland
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6666

I don't like RTS games very much at all (hell, only really played the very first C&C), but this game looks so cool I might just have to try it out.
Commie Killer
+192|6398

mtb0minime wrote:

I don't like RTS games very much at all (hell, only really played the very first C&C), but this game looks so cool I might just have to try it out.
I hate RTS, I loved this game.
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6301|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

yes, the game is fun

except when one of your A-10 strafing runs gets ruined by the Space Needle being in the way

buuuuuuuuuuuuut you make up for it by carpet bombing the main road in Seattle
https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6783|PNW

Chorcai wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

That's just it. They're all the same. 30-60 minutes of watching the same group of tanks get blown up by the same ordnance before you can pass a mission is silly.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6686|Canberra, AUS

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Chorcai wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

That's just it. They're all the same. 30-60 minutes of watching the same group of tanks get blown up by the same ordnance before you can pass a mission is silly.
WiC is at its best when you have to make full use of everything it offers. That you get when you have to maneuver tanks around the entire map killing, repairing, killing.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6335|New Haven, CT
Aside from the story, the MP in WiC outshines the SP. That is, gameplay-wise, MP is superior.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6692|Disaster Free Zone

Commie Killer wrote:

mtb0minime wrote:

I love RTS, I hate this game.
fix'd
Chorcai
+49|6659|Ireland

nukchebi0 wrote:

Aside from the story, the MP in WiC outshines the SP. That is, gameplay-wise, MP is superior.
QFT, I played SP then straight into MP, MP is where you have the best laugh. Nothing like dropping a fuel air bomb on a load of tanks/AA/Infantry !

Last edited by Chorcai (2009-07-15 08:50:27)

KuSTaV
noice
+947|6522|Gold Coast

Chorcai wrote:

nukchebi0 wrote:

QFT, I played SP then straight into MP, MP is where you have the best laugh. Nothing like dropping a fuel air bomb on a load of tanks/AA/Infantry !
Fuck that.

We've launched a nuke.... may God have mercy on our soul
noice                                                                                                        https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/awsmsanta.png
SGT_Dicklewicz
+33|6636
The game is awesome because of the graphics and how you are always involved in the game. As much as they label it RTS, there is no building, yeah you get points to use on units, but not a true RTS. For $20 for both original and expansion is a steal. I actually re-installed the game last night just to see if there were servers. there were about 15-20 full servers.

Anyone know if there are more under soviet assault?

I was reminded how fun this game is, great way to "blow (up)" a few hours of your time!
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6783|PNW

SGT_Dicklewicz wrote:

The game is awesome because of the graphics and how you are always involved in the game. As much as they label it RTS, there is no building, yeah you get points to use on units, but not a true RTS. For $20 for both original and expansion is a steal. I actually re-installed the game last night just to see if there were servers. there were about 15-20 full servers.

Anyone know if there are more under soviet assault?

I was reminded how fun this game is, great way to "blow (up)" a few hours of your time!
$20 for the original and expansion doesn't help people who paid full price on its release.

But it is a RTS, even if there is no building. You don't get a barracks in chess, do you? So yeah. In a way, Dawn of War 2 and Ground Control 1/2 are similar sorts of RTS titles. But I still like GC2 the best. Who couldn't love a game where people could enter and leave the server at will like some deathmatch?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard