cmotdibbler
+19|6702|The pork thing inna bun stall.
Playing Oblivion at the moment with settings on High. The graphics are something to behold and the gameplay is good. I like the humour in it as well. Wouldn't say it was the best game ever yet as i only have about 24 hrs invested in it and have over 200 hrs invested in BF2. Like all things time will tell.
HisInfernalDeath
+23|6760|Belgium
2 words for you man; "Thrixxx Games" !!
Shadow893
lel
+75|6728|England
I think that FarCry has some of the best graphics if you put them on high, just a shit story. But HL 2 is probably the best one.
Sh1fty2k5
MacSwedish
+113|6746|Sweden
Far  cry is getting old
uber73
+188|6788|Brisbane
apparently farcry was basically a showpiece game... first few levels were pretty, then it all went in-doors and run of the mill fps corridor gaming.

one trick pony i heard, tho never played it.

oblivion keeps getting better and better for me.. im wringing the life out of my gfx card using coolbits.. damn if it doesnt look amazing!!!
card is now about 60 clicks above default now.  full settings, some clawback on grass draw, but max everything else. fuck, if this isnt the most gorgeous game ever made.  even my wife watches over my shoulder, now that IS impressive!
LaidBackNinja
Pony Slaystation
+343|6745|Charlie One Alpha
Nobody found out about the level scaling yet then?

Oh I loved this game for the first couple of hours. Until I discovered the horrible truth.
Just google for Oblivion Level Scaling and you'll see what I mean.
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine SecuROM slapping your face with its dick -- forever." -George Orwell
junkpi1e
Captain Input
+4|6665|Sunshine Coast, Queensland
Levels scale. Armour scales to. ~20 and vendors will sell dwarven/elven arrows, and standard bandits that would have been in fur/leather are now in mithril and elven. Daedric and Glass armour off certain rarer tougher mobs.

The games great but its got no replayability. I'm a fan of MMO's, and while I'll take nothing away from how well Bethesda made this game, single player games really dont cut it whatsoever in theonline based gaming world of today.
LaidBackNinja
Pony Slaystation
+343|6745|Charlie One Alpha

junkpi1e wrote:

Levels scale. Armour scales to. ~20 and vendors will sell dwarven/elven arrows, and standard bandits that would have been in fur/leather are now in mithril and elven. Daedric and Glass armour off certain rarer tougher mobs.

The games great but its got no replayability. I'm a fan of MMO's, and while I'll take nothing away from how well Bethesda made this game, single player games really dont cut it whatsoever in theonline based gaming world of today.
Correction: even basic bandits are decked out in Daedric and Glass armour at higher levels.
Also, there is not a single piece of those armours in the enitre world unless you reach the required level.
The list of downsides to this system goes on and on, and I'm not going to elaborate on it any further here.
If you're interested, check out the official Bethesda forums where a new official thread about the scaling system has to be made roughly every two hours because they fill up so fast.
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine SecuROM slapping your face with its dick -- forever." -George Orwell
uber73
+188|6788|Brisbane
it wont take long for that system to be patched over.
see the game for what it is.  the community has spoken about the scaling, and bethesda will have to reply.
i would have agreed with the MMO arguement re online being the future... GuildWars was great in the first few months, then the kiddies started playing.  Then GW went to shite.  Multiplayer aint always the best way to go.  I ALWAYS bought games for their multiplayer element.  Hell, ive NEVER played bf42 or BF2 in single player mode.

GW changed all that.  Fuck, even some BF2 gaming sessions are ruined by the fuckers that play it.

Obliv isnt ruined by the scaling.  Its a mistake on the devs part, but it wont remain that way. they will fix. personally, it isnt spoiling my enjoyment of it.
[QXJZ]Capt_Kefra
Alright, you're good to go!
+124|6764|Honolulu, HI
At the local CompUSA an ad broke yesterday (Sunday) for Oblivion.  It was $39, a USD$10 discount.  Wanting to get my copy I went on Sunday afternoon, about 8 hours after the ad had appeared.  Sold Out.  Yup, that game is hot stuff right now...

I played Morrowind a LOT, got all excited when I saw previews for Oblivion cuz I knew it meant Elder Scrolls IV was coming soon.  And now, once it's finally here...Sold Out.

Oh well, I'm nothing if not patient.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard