Aruba-Prime
[Expert Smoke Grenade]
+44|6783|Hamburg, Germany
Just thought that it might help to have different icons for Mines and C4.
Yes mines need big neon signs and alarm sounds if you drive near them,
but i have problems to see whether it is C4 or a mine. Well if i take my time
i can see the difference but it takes time and attention away from battle.
Chances are some teammates will still try to pickup the candy,
but to some it might be helpful....

Any improvements to this idea?
morax
+0|6787|England
I agree.... its annoying when im playing spec ops and ive put C4 down on the road and a friendly vehicle comes along and virtually stops then tried to go around it and then theres me trying to direct them like a police officer screaming its ok its just C4 go go go.
Aruba-Prime
[Expert Smoke Grenade]
+44|6783|Hamburg, Germany
My point exactly!
*TS*tphai
The Forum Alien
+89|6815|The planet Tophet

morax wrote:

I agree.... its annoying when im playing spec ops and ive put C4 down on the road and a friendly vehicle comes along and virtually stops then tried to go around it and then theres me trying to direct them like a police officer screaming its ok its just C4 go go go.
lol i could just see that
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6852|Bryan/College Station, TX
This was one of the rumor fixes in the Patch 1.03. It was rumored that all explosives would have a different color Skull and Crossbones. But alas this rumor did not pan out even though the idea is sound and the change in programing for this is insanely simple. Something to benefit the game could not bothered even another few seconds. Perhaps a later patch. Maybe.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
T1mbrW0lf
+2|6805|Eastern PA
I suggested this more than a few times:

ROUND Skull icon - AT mine
SQUARE Skull icon - C4 pack
TRIANGLE Skull icon - Claymore - It points UP to indicate the "safe" side; DOWN if you're about to kill yourself . . .
SokViChet
+1|6797

T1mbrW0lf wrote:

TRIANGLE Skull icon - Claymore - It points UP to indicate the "safe" side; DOWN if you're about to kill yourself . . .
PERFECT.  I like the Triangle idea for the claymore field designation. 

I totally agree that this is necessary.  I have had people walk right into my claymore thinking it is just a C4 pack.  I like to trap assets and booby trap enemy vehicles with claymores (like the helo that just spawned into the enemy base I am covering).  My AT mines always get run over because they look like C4.
impededotnet
+0|6781
it would be lovely if they added mines to the minimap - so you can get a rough idea of where the friendly mine fields are.  doesnt have to be exact, but a little icon showing that theres at least one mine in that area.

while im at it, the map for the commander needs to be updated with the squad leaders own given orders - so if im a squad leader and i tell my team to attack an objective, then the commander should see that, so he either doesnt give me conflicting orders or doesnt order another squad to attack the same thing.
McCullough
+7|6847
I cant belive that EA didnt add this in the 1.03 it's unbelievable. I mean wth are they thinking?

The round/Square/Triangle system is perfect!
ImChance
+0|6781|Tennessee
I agree totally with that idea, but in reality, would it matter? I almost NEVER lay down mines or claymores. I usually just get a TK out of it, because teammates NEVER see the big red crossbones warning.
I do use C4 alot, but only because it's nearly idiot proof (it's your fault if you get a TK).

I think I'm one of the few that actually DON'T punish when I die because of a friendly mine/claymore.
It's my fault for not paying attention...after all, this is not "Halo" that I'm playing, although it seems like it sometimes. Everyone is in such a rush to get that vehicle, or get that flag, etc....who needs to watch the road?
*sigh*
eMarine
Gorgonnash PVP
+119|6852|Sacramento, Cal
Yeah, I like that couse last weekend a player in my squad 'hihello' kept walking into my claymores and missing up my score. >_<
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6852|Bryan/College Station, TX

SokViChet wrote:

T1mbrW0lf wrote:

PERFECT.  I like the Triangle idea for the claymore field designation.
Yup sounds good to me. Also nice sig banner. Special site or did you make that yourself?
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
MattD
+0|6831
yep i had the same happen to me i had to get out of my tank and look to see what it was
Bloody Sky
+2|6853|Texas

T1mbrW0lf wrote:

I also think this is a great idea!! Maybe if we all post on the EA forums and e-mail EA about this suggestion, maybe they might actually listen to us.

HA HA HA! YEAH RIGHT!!

Nice thought though.
....Maybe someday.......
ziggie216
+0|6780
more like c4 and claymore need different icons.. you can step on a mine w/o blow up... but u cant walk near a damn claymore w/o flying away

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard