New AT Rockets?

Better39%39% - 31
Worse10%10% - 8
Don't Know/Care50%50% - 39
Total: 78
Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6764

The new rockets are made a lot better I think, their turning rate is much better now, especially for someone who loves to curve rockets insanely. But it was fun when you could shoot rockets through the ground as part of the bug. Anyone else do that? If you shot your rocket close to the ground, it'd go underground and be undetectable until you raise it into the enemy. Now it just explodes on contact.

Pros:
Better turn rate/control

Cons:

No more hidden rocket underground shots
Still a ridiculously long reload time (for dropping a tube and taking a new one...)
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6666|NT, like Mick Dundee

I've played AT for a short amount of time and I enjoy the challenge. I prefer the RPGs of SF over the SRAWs and Eryx of BF2. One of the most rewarding things in this game is getting a one hit kill on a tank's underside. Never tried your trick of firing through the ground though...
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Sh1fty2k5
MacSwedish
+113|6711|Sweden
It actually takes some time to reload a real rocket like that. First you'll have to remove the rubber protection things on both ends. THen you must extend the rocket tube by pulling it apart, and then you must raise the sights and unsafe it.
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6844|Bryan/College Station, TX
I haven't noticed an increased turning radius however I did realize that I could steer the missle into tanks that were just barely visible in the zoomed in mode. Which was nice in the new EF maps.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
Phrozenbot
+632|6616|do not disturb

AT rockets are fine, I just wish you were rewarded with more points for killing a tank. Tanks should also give 3 KDAs. That would make AT a better class to play then.
coldfyre99
+-2|6629
I don't get why you would admit to being disapointed that they removed a bug/exploit from the game...
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6718|Riva, MD
What I really love is when it goes through the vehicle I shot at and I still have to reload. It just brings out the optimal usage of the rocket, ya know.
Phrozenbot
+632|6616|do not disturb

coldfyre99 wrote:

I don't get why you would admit to being disapointed that they removed a bug/exploit from the game...
Exploiting is cheating, and cheating is for losers.
dubbs
+105|6633|Lexington, KY

Hellogoodsir wrote:

coldfyre99 wrote:

Thinking the same thing.  What was that site name again.......
Cyberwolf
Banned
+14|6693

Coolbeano wrote:

Cons:

No more hidden rocket underground shots
Still a ridiculously long reload time (for dropping a tube and taking a new one...)
Yeah...Just what the game needs next...Fully auto AT rockets...and No, I'm not serious.
arnica
+18|6681|Sydney
I love the smokey effect trail that they have added ... simply beautiful
[CANADA]_Zenmaster
Pope Picard II
+473|6746

No more underground shots is not a con...thats like saying fixing the wall glitches is a con to the new patches. Thats an exploit and it is a pro that it was fixed.
vpyroman
Aeon Supreme commander
+16|6617|UCF
are they weaker, or are tanks stronger? I could have sworn I saw a tank tank take 4 rockets, without dying. Usually one shot takes it 1/2 way down. Maybe its just that the RPGs are weaker.
$kelet0r
+16|6683
RPGs are stronger ingame than the SRAW/Eryx
a1rflow
+1|6621
Anyone notice that when you fire a rocket at a tank thats right in front of you and then it kills you at about the same time you fire the rocket, and the rocket doesn't even harm the tank?
SlickWRX
+6|6744

a1rflow wrote:

Anyone notice that when you fire a rocket at a tank thats right in front of you and then it kills you at about the same time you fire the rocket, and the rocket doesn't even harm the tank?
I think there is a sound glitch.  You hear the rocket firing sound effect but its like the rocket never actually fired.  The same thing seems to happen with grenades.  You hear the clink of pulling the pin but there is no explosion afterwards.  If I at least get the pin out then dammit I want the guy standing over my body to get blown up.
{PAMD64}canuk
+0|6727
I would like it if my AT rockets didn't go through tanks. I think that the RPG-7 is the best AT weapon.
ST19AG_WGreymon
+5|6741|Clinton, MD, USA
I think the turning radius has been improved.
coldfyre99
+-2|6629

Hellogoodsir wrote:

coldfyre99 wrote:

That is what I thought, wasn't sure though.  Thanks for clearing that up.
iceman785
+93|6673|Alaska, mother fucker.
i foudn a spot on the apc's that kills em in 1 hit, now for the tanks , wheny ou look at an APC the armor on the sides is angled, on the very front there are two little triangles about as big as 3 rockets (these triangles are on the front), hit a apc there and BOOM kill

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard