unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6782|PNW

Sometimes when I join a game, it will not let me leave the score screen to spawn, so I have to disconnect and retry, or join another server. I am curious as to whether or not disconnecting in the middle of the game in this manner will add to my losses count, as I view stats sort of like chess scores. Does anybody know?
tF-voodoochild
Pew Pew!
+216|6858|San Francisco

If the team you were on wins that round you are also awarded a win, conversely if the team you are on loses you do indeed get a loss. Leaving a server does not automatically award you with either a win or a loss.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6782|PNW

Ah, ok. So damn annoying, though, being accredited for something you had absolutely nothing to do with. I understand it helps to prevent smacktards from leaving when they're losing, but sheesh. If it isn't the game crashing, then it's a kick for bombing clanners, a ban for bombing clanners, being unable to join the game and having to disconnect, or joining a losing team with 5 tickets left. EA should make a few adjustments (excluding the ban/kicking stuff).

Bah...I bet leaving a server if a match just begins counts for or against you too. Lame.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2005-10-12 22:53:28)

Stoned_Smurfz
The Mushroom Man
+1|6857|Australia
yeah i thought it was cool got D/C the other day about half way threw the round! pissed me off cause i was doing well! but i went straight back on and it had my score n stuff still there!
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6782|PNW

What sets a carbunkle on my ass is the realization that half of my 200 losses stem from leaving a server as the match begins (after I finish the last match), or from leaving a stalemated game when I have to get to work or sleep. Grrr...

Anyway, I glanced over the awards recently and noticed that the WCR required a win/loss ratio of 3:1. I have 522/206, resulting in a ratio of 2.53. I suppose I'm a bit farther on that than a few people, but I've noticed that the top players don't have anywhere near that ratio. Doesn't a 3:1 prereq seem a bit silly, for all that winning or losing depends on every player on your team, their organization and their various specialties? Too bad it isn't just a global 3:1 K/D ratio requirement.

Like almost everyone else I know, at the current rate I'm going I'll have about 4000 losses to complement my future 5000 wins, plenty of expert badges and a few medals besides. Everything except that funny little ribbon, which I'll have to write off as some sort of a sick joke or bad dream. I'd be curious to know how many people have actually gotten this.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2005-10-12 23:42:58)

tF-voodoochild
Pew Pew!
+216|6858|San Francisco

The WCR is definitely the most difficult ribbon to get in the game. I have been slowly working on this and have actually managed to go up from 1.5 to 1.65 in the last week or so. It is possible to win more than lose as long as you have a group of good people you play with consistantly enough.

As far as being kicked for simply being good and killing the wrong people, just play on EA Official servers and you won't have that problem anymore.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6782|PNW

Well, I've 21 hours to go in a commander's seat and I've raised my W/L ratio from 2.5 to 2.6 in one day. If all goes well, then I think this is quite doable. When I finally get that annoying little strip of cloth, I will rejoice that I am such a better human being than anybody else...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard