Leatherface-TCM
The Saw is Family
+0|6791
Just got it last night and with the adjustable sensitivity levels it rocks!
500 dpi for infantry and 1500 in tank or APC - turret spins on a dime!
It has huge glide pads as well and feels like it is floating just above the mouse pad.

For anyone thinking about purchasing this mouse - I give it 1.5 thumbs up (0.5 of my thumb blown off trying to recover one of my mines!)
mort4u
Artillery catcher
+5|6808|Munich, Germany
new logitech G series is really nice.
i just got myself the G7 mouse, same but without cable and adjustable weight instead the battery(s) goes in there
i love the sensitivity adjustment and i already bought the MX518 before only for Bf2 for the tanks. i just couldnt resist the new cordless mouse with 200dpi more.
tF-voodoochild
Pew Pew!
+216|6817|San Francisco

I am really more of a razer fan myself. After logitech stopped making the original mx300's and switched everything over to that damn bulky 510 body I went searching for a sleeker mouse to play with. Got a razer diamondback and have been happy with it ever since. It seems that now they have a newer mouse with the same dpi of the newest logitechs.

How are those larger mouse pads working out? I always figured that having less surface area was better for mouse pads, but I haven't used anything with pads that large so it is hard to say.
Croak
+11|6775|San Marcos, CA
I use the MX1000 laser and love it, have three of them in fact.  Didn't even know about the G5/7 until just now, looks pretty cool.  The battery swap thing is a very good idea.  I use two MX1000's on my main desktop now, one in the charger and one in use, because I hated running out of battery and never remembered to put it back in the cradle when I wasn't using it.

And of all the mice I've used throughout the years, the MX1000 fits my hand best, and the G series looks to use the same basic body.
CinnamonBits
Sniper Cat
+1|6765
I'm using the G5 and I think it's a great mouse.  I'm not sure if I can feel the difference between the reaction of a corded mouse or a wireless mouse, but I just get screwed when my wireless mouse runs out of battery.  I play at 1400 dpi, then take it to 2000 in vehicles.  It seems to work well on all mouse pads.  I don't really know much about the leet mousepads that are around.  My only gripe with it is that they got rid of the second mouse button on the left side.  I used the first one for my parachute and the second one for Teamspeak.  I guess I'll just have to use my parachute the old way.

Last edited by CinnamonBits (2005-10-12 20:52:43)

-=Scott=-
+2|6803|San Diego, CA
Razer copperhead all the way. Although its a lot of money and I am still saving up for one and waiting till it goes retail so it will be cheaper. Right now I think its only availible on razerzone.com for 80 bucks plus another 10 for shipping
Leatherface-TCM
The Saw is Family
+0|6791

tF-voodoochild wrote:

I am really more of a razer fan myself. After logitech stopped making the original mx300's and switched everything over to that damn bulky 510 body I went searching for a sleeker mouse to play with. Got a razer diamondback and have been happy with it ever since. It seems that now they have a newer mouse with the same dpi of the newest logitechs.

How are those larger mouse pads working out? I always figured that having less surface area was better for mouse pads, but I haven't used anything with pads that large so it is hard to say.
I use the BFG Gaming Mouse pad - it is about 12 x 9.  Gives you lots of area to move.
It is very differnet than the standard mouse pad as it is hard plastic but that makes the mouse move very quickly and smoothly (but does take some getting used to).

I think the weights in the G5 are a bit of a joke but it is a gimmick that will cause some to buy.
G5 is great for large hands - it is a little smaller than the MX1000 body and 4 less buttons.
The Soup Nazi
+18|6757|North Lauderdale, FL
i use a self-healing cutting pad that i aquired from Education World as my mouse pad.  it takes up the majority of my desktop, so i never ever run out of mouse space.  (i also use the logitech laser 1000 wireless)
matrixmaster
+0|6817|USA
I work at Best Buy and we just got that G5 mouse in stock for 80 bucks.  Thanks to that wonderful discount of mine, i can get it for 50!!!  Im going to get that now that I know it is a really good investment along with that Logitech G15 Keyboard. Coupled together will make for the perfect gaming experience.
The Soup Nazi
+18|6757|North Lauderdale, FL
only if you match it with a Logitech surround sound system
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6811|Cologne, Germany

we should make a tech section in here.
MightyBobo
+2|6750|Omaha, NE
Speaking of getting Logitech crap.....
I love my keyboard.

https://images15.fotki.com/v234/photos/9/98309/2727879/DSC01454-vi.jpg
https://images14.fotki.com/v225/photos/9/98309/2727879/DSC01455-vi.jpg
Leatherface-TCM
The Saw is Family
+0|6791

B.Schuss wrote:

we should make a tech section in here.
I second that
I think that would be great - reviews, opinions etc on BF2/FPS hardware and a great resource for people looking to upgrade system/components for BF2 play
thinner44
+1|6779
MightyBobo ... I want one I want one . I'd hate to post my specs here as you'd laugh ... oh ok then, I feel the need to unload this.  I use a: Genius KB ... it costs about £1.00, it's well crappy and my 3rd one. Also a Samsung optical mouse that's seen better days, pretty glitchy and doesn't know the meaning of smooth.

Having read that back to myself and looked at my stats, I can see now where I'm going wrong   .... anyhoo, it's my b'day next week so I think I'll treat myself. Recommendations well and truly accepted
AlphaDrake
+10|6752|Edmonton
I am super happy with my Logitec MX1000 Lazer,  wireless, charge it every 3 days (while sleeping), lazer (20x more precise than optical). I love that mouse (also $40 cheaper than it should have been! what a steal)
-=Scott=-
+2|6803|San Diego, CA

matrixmaster wrote:

I work at Best Buy and we just got that G5 mouse in stock for 80 bucks.  Thanks to that wonderful discount of mine, i can get it for 50!!!  Im going to get that now that I know it is a really good investment along with that Logitech G15 Keyboard. Coupled together will make for the perfect gaming experience.
You should wait till you get the Razer Copperhead in stock which from what I have heard its been sitting in the BestBuy warehouse for a couple weeks. I don'k know whats happening with that because I want to go buy one but its not on the site or in stores.

http://www.razerzone.com/store/index.ph … ucts_id=11
A-Unit64
King Medic......
+23|6810
I was thinking about getting the Razer, but just went the easy way and ordered the lx700 mouse and keyboard combo.
DakotaDoc64
+0|6762|Omaha, Nebraska

MightyBobo wrote:

Speaking of getting Logitech crap.....
I love my keyboard.
Bobo.  I live in Omaha also.  Funny if we were neighbors.

Anyway I have just got the G-5 a couple weeks ago.  Love it.  Wish I had it along time ago in place of my crappy stuttering old mouse that gave me fits trying to move that fraction of an inch to shoot someone then getting killed instead.  My K/D ratio would be better.  I have noticed a dramatic improvement in my gaming because of this.  But I did go from a crappy standard mouse to a gaming grade.

Tell me about the keyboard.  I am interested in that next.  Found any use for the screen on the keyboard and BF2?
tF-voodoochild
Pew Pew!
+216|6817|San Francisco

Leatherface-TCM wrote:

tF-voodoochild wrote:

I use the BFG Gaming Mouse pad - it is about 12 x 9.  Gives you lots of area to move.
It is very differnet than the standard mouse pad as it is hard plastic but that makes the mouse move very quickly and smoothly (but does take some getting used to).

I think the weights in the G5 are a bit of a joke but it is a gimmick that will cause some to buy.
G5 is great for large hands - it is a little smaller than the MX1000 body and 4 less buttons.
No no no... The mouse 'feet' the little teflon things on the bottom!

All the newest gaming mice have HUGE teflon feet on them, and I just wonder how well those work since I figured that less surface area would be better.
lowyaukee
+2|6804
I have bought a razor diamondback a month ago and used it for about 2 weeks.  It worked nice but did not fit me.  Maybe it is too small.

So, I bought G5.  It is perfect.  I strongly recommend this for right-handed players.
IronGeek
One Shot, One Kill
+4|6764|Canberra, Australia
I use the desk for my mousepad and a Microsoft USB optical mouse.....

Does it make that big of a difference to go with one of these special mice?
matrixmaster
+0|6817|USA

-=Scott=- wrote:

You should wait till you get the Razer Copperhead in stock which from what I have heard its been sitting in the BestBuy warehouse for a couple weeks. I don'k know whats happening with that because I want to go buy one but its not on the site or in stores.

http://www.razerzone.com/store/index.ph … ucts_id=11
Well, first off, we do have the Copperheads in stock....we even have one on display too.  But I saw my best friend get one and I dont like the feel of it and he couldnt figure out how to get the DPI to change on the fly...That coupled with just how great Logitech is in general....I'll go with the G5 and G15.  I also have the Logitech Z-5300 5.1 surround system too.
mort4u
Artillery catcher
+5|6808|Munich, Germany
i also thought about the Razor for some time but then i held it in my hand and its just to small for me cause i got quite big hands

the big glide pads on the new logitech mouses arent a setback to the old small ones. its teflon so its always glidong very good and in my experience the small ones tend to get rubbed off after some months wich wont happen with the big ones.
LordGoofy.sf
+0|6740
Hey.... where did you get the G15 from???? I have been waiting for that keyboard  to come since I order my G5.  Which I love.  400DPI for sniping, 800 for regular play and 2000 for armor. But like some one else said I miss the 2nd button on the side and the scroll buttons on top.
Leatherface-TCM
The Saw is Family
+0|6791

tF-voodoochild wrote:

Leatherface-TCM wrote:

tF-voodoochild wrote:

No no no... The mouse 'feet' the little teflon things on the bottom!

All the newest gaming mice have HUGE teflon feet on them, and I just wonder how well those work since I figured that less surface area would be better.
Oh - sorry bout that - I find the the large pads do make a difference - mouse floats like a butterfly - stings like a bee!
Mouse glides very easily and as said already here - they should last forever
I use the MX1000 at work and weighted the G5 so it had about the same feel but the glide/movement is way different - MX1000 now feels sticky
Leather out.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard