Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6635|NT, like Mick Dundee

For the record I searched a couple of times before starting this thread.

It seems as though the global ranking system, while a good idea just made BF2 way to competitive, attracted some questionable tactics and the ranked server policy has kind of killed off modding for this game. I was wondering about any ideas for a different or improved system from anybody?

My idea was that:-

*Ranks should be removed, total global score should be removed.
*SPM, K/D ratio should stay but be kit/vehicle specific. All stats would be recorded for each kit BESIDES total score.... (eg. Total revives and heals would be recorded for medic, but not the points gained during a match for them)
*Badges, Medals and Ribbons should stay. Good fun to get a veteran/expert badge in anything.

*UNLOCKS WOULD HAVE KIT SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS

eg.
=>So to get a gun like the PKM, you have to be a good support player first.
    Second tier unlocks would require different things soo...

PKM requirements = K : D ratio with support small arms above 1 and x amount of resupply points...
MG36 requirements = Accuracy above 15% (personal joke... I'm a crap shot...) and x amount of resupply points IAR...

I'm sure if anybody wanted I could come up with a whole load of other examples for other kits...

Anyways, post your suggestions and stuff because I'm interested to see what other people think. Anybody out there have any other ideas on where the ranking system could go next?

-EDIT-

Added summat that I forgot...

Last edited by Flecco (2006-04-03 11:21:12)

Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6597|UK
I have to say i dont realy like ur first idea about the ranks and global points, wouldnt that defeat the point of playing? Whats the point in sitting at ur PC for hours on end when ur not getting rewarded 4 it? eh?

The idea about the new way to unlock the weapons is kl but i dont think EA are gonna change it
SlowReload
+0|6632
So are you saying that the major aspects of the game should be removed to allow moders to create a game with this engine??? People who want to work with the game can crate mods the game shouldnt be changed
Look at desert conflict they worked with the game as is and produced a good game

https://www.bf2player.com/sig/161589.png

Last edited by SlowReload (2006-04-03 12:40:57)

Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6635|NT, like Mick Dundee

So you two both play for ranks and that is it? You don't play for the fun of it? To work in a team? I just can't see the point in playing the game to get ranks. The integrity of the ranking system has been destroyed anyway, the CEA clan proved that. I find that if you forget about the ranks completely and focus on badges/actually playing the game for fun it is a much more enjoyable experience.

Does anybody actually have any ideas as to how my idea can be improved upon or their own ideas for changes to the ranking system?

Slow Reload, you only highlight my point. Maybe there is another mod out there as great as DC but nobody will ever hear about it because everybody likes to play on ranked servers.... Besides the major aspects of BF2 are teamwork and combined arms. A class based combat system... not the ranks.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Rakasan
+7|6807|California, USA

Flecco wrote:

For the record I searched a couple of times before starting this thread.
It seems as though the global ranking system, while a good idea just made BF2 way to competitive, attracted some questionable tactics and the ranked server policy has kind of killed off modding for this game. I was wondering about any ideas for a different or improved system from anybody?
A different system is

http://www.statpadder.com

as well as

http://www.gameslave.co.uk/bfleaderboard.cfm

I believe gameslave.co.uk emphasizes their ratings on SPM, KDR, small arms accuracy, and medals (gold, silver, and bronze) per round.

Statpadder.com (my site) emphasizes flag points per minute (35%), KDR (25%), KPM (20%), and teamwork score/minute (excluding flags, 10%), and military rank (10%). This is similiar to BFTracks.com rankings for BF1942.   Artillery kills are excluded and infantry accounts for 75% of KDR and KPM while vehicles account for 25%.  I can tell you this, CEA (not yet listed, but will be)will be disqualified during the next round of ranking system calculations, LOL.  This is because there are filters that check SPM, best round, favorite victims IAR, etc.

Flecco wrote:

My idea was that:-

*Ranks should be removed, total global score should be removed.
*SPM, K/D ratio should stay but be kit/vehicle specific. All stats would be recorded for each kit BESIDES total score.... (eg. Total revives and heals would be recorded for medic, but not the points gained during a match for them)
*Badges, Medals and Ribbons should stay. Good fun to get a veteran/expert badge in anything.
Not sure if it is wise using KDR for kits, this includes kills while using vehicles.  I don't think EA/Dice keeps track of SPM while using a kit, weapon, or map.  I sincerely doubt they ever will.

Flecco wrote:

*UNLOCKS WOULD HAVE KIT SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS

eg.
=>So to get a gun like the PKM, you have to be a good support player first.
    Second tier unlocks would require different things soo...

PKM requirements = K : D ratio with support small arms above 1 and x amount of resupply points...
MG36 requirements = Accuracy above 15% (personal joke... I'm a crap shot...) and x amount of resupply points IAR...
the quality of resupply points seem to favor Karkand. 

Flecco wrote:

I'm sure if anybody wanted I could come up with a whole load of other examples for other kits...

Anyways, post your suggestions and stuff because I'm interested to see what other people think. Anybody out there have any other ideas on where the ranking system could go next?

-EDIT-

Added summat that I forgot...
bf2s is supposidly coming out w/a ranking system sometime soon.  Morwynd at gametrack.org might also come out w/something.  Hopefully someone comes out w/something before BF2 dies, LOL.
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6597|UK

Flecco wrote:

So you two both play for ranks and that is it? You don't play for the fun of it? To work in a team? I just can't see the point in playing the game to get ranks.
I see your point but - I'm in a clan, we work as a team, we play for the fun of it... you cant have a leaderboard without global stats.
But we are all still in competition with each other on our leaderboard

Edit
Having said this i spose you could have a leaderboard based on how many badges you've got and/or ur accuracy etc

Last edited by the_liquidat0r (2006-04-04 05:59:46)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard