Zefar
+116|6647|Sweden
To think they spend more money on criminals than on Schools.

Well they can do whatever they want with the money they got but I don't think this one will make people do LESS crime. Seeing that it's kind of a reward going into that place.
Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6683|Espoo, Finland

usmarine wrote:

whats to argue?  you arent going to change your mind, nor am i.

but, if you want someone who molests your family member to sit and play video games on a big screen tv all day then feel free.
That prison is obviously not for child molestors or any other serious criminals.
Sending people who have committed minor crimes to the old kind of prisons just makes them sink deeper into the criminal world.

(I didn't read the article since I've read about it before so if it's for rapists and murderers ignore this)

Zefar wrote:

To think they spend more money on criminals than on Schools.

Well they can do whatever they want with the money they got but I don't think this one will make people do LESS crime. Seeing that it's kind of a reward going into that place.
It's not a reward. It's supposed to be a place that changes you. Stops your way into the criminal world instead of making you become even worse.

Tell me, which ex prisoner after doing his time would you want back on the streets, the one who was in this prison or one who was in a regular one?

No one does crimes thinking they'll get caught.

Last edited by Gawwad (2009-07-11 14:17:27)

usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6760

gawaad, i was arguing his theory per say.  i dunno who stays in that prison.
Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6683|Espoo, Finland

usmarine wrote:

gawaad, i was arguing his theory per say.  i dunno who stays in that prison.
So was I. And it does matter what kind of criminal is in question. I don't think a murderers should be returned to the society in most cases anyway.
But with lesser crimes this kind of prisons are much more likely to change people.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6760

Gawwad wrote:

But with lesser crimes this kind of prisons are much more likely to change people.
i dont buy that.  hence the theory.
Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6683|Espoo, Finland

usmarine wrote:

Gawwad wrote:

i dont buy that.  hence the theory.
Would you agree that in normal prisons you're very likely to become much more of a criminal than you were before?
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6760

Gawwad wrote:

Would you agree that in normal prisons you're very likely to become much more of a criminal than you were before?
no.  people make their own choices.
Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6683|Espoo, Finland
Most people's choises are influenced by other people and the environment they are in.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6760

Gawwad wrote:

Most people's choises are influenced by other people and the environment they are in.
bullshit.  i dont buy that for a second.  thats a bs excuse.
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6451|The Twilight Zone

usmarine wrote:

Gawwad wrote:

think of Fritzl's daughter
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6760

.Sup wrote:

usmarine wrote:

Gawwad wrote:

pls explain
Zefar
+116|6647|Sweden
If people with a shitty life can do a rather harmless crime like robbing a store at night and then get caught and being sent to that place it would be like a reward.

The last thing we need to do is reward people who does crime. >.> I also don't think it makes them nicer but rather "Hey, I rob lots of places and then just be sent THERE. SWEET!" Unless he's first able to use up most of the money he have.

Oh and I slept in an place that has been a jail. My room was small. Like really small. Length was around 3 meters and width was less than 2 meters.
There was a room outside that, that was a meeting place for all the others but my cell was damn small.

That building isn't going to help people stop doing crime because they will be going somewhere worse when they get out.
.Sup
be nice

usmarine wrote:

.Sup wrote:

usmarine wrote:

pls explain
can't atm, off to Egypt to play some TF2
Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6683|Espoo, Finland
I'm guessing it has some sort of program to get the prisoners into normal life when they get out.
If it doesn't then it's a lost cause.
mikkel
+383|6599

usmarine wrote:

Gawwad wrote:

I guess it's totally random that crime tends to happen more in ghettos than elsewhere, right? I guess it's just a random coincidence that the United States is more slanted towards Christianity, that Europe is more slanted towards liberalism, that Southern states vote republican more than they do democrat, and vice versa for the Northern states? Everything's just one big coincidence, right?
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6760

ghetto?  i grew up in a shithole part of cleveland..never been in jail.  northern states?  well the whole mid section of this country from texas to north dakota voted repub.  not a shock the crook bankers and rich crooked ceo's live in the NE and Cali voted dem.
.Sup
be nice
just booked a suite there. Breakfast IS included. Can't wait!
GravyDan
Back from the Grave(y)
+768|5930|CA
How many kids do I have to beat up in Austria to get in there?  I hope it's more than 80.

Last edited by GravyDan (2009-07-11 16:26:33)

.Sup
be nice
booked this baby:
https://www.thebankerssuite.com/suite2.jpg

I only had to rape couple men
Bradt3hleader
Care [ ] - Don't care [x]
+121|5934
I always thought the goal of prison was to make you realize you committed a crime and is supposed to be a fucking hellhole so you sure as hell will think twice before fucking up and having to come back again.
VicktorVauhn
+319|6390|Southern California
Stupidest shit ever.
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6643

usmarine wrote:

Gawwad wrote:

no.  people make their own choices.
yes I agree u are more likely to become more of a criminal because in order to stay alive u need to hook up with the gang, and then u start off at the lower level which means u either gonna murder someone while in jail or stab someone fatal or something alone those lines.. Lone ducks dont survive marine u should know this if someone chooses not to get involved they might get raped and such...
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5584

Wow the prison inmates have a better standard of living then some people in the country.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6714
It's obviously an expermental prison. If the prison produces less repeated offenders, then great, if it doesn't, I'll bet it gets scrapped.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
13rin
+977|6477

.Sup wrote:

blademaster wrote:

usmarine wrote:

lol europe
that jail looks awsm!!! they prob. play x-box 360 all day against other prisoners hahaha
its not that far away from me. I might go there to commit a crime if I have too
Well at least you have a fall back plan...
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard