Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6610|132 and Bush

"There was concern that a lot of kids would change the complexion and the atmosphere of the club." John Duesler, president of the Valley Swim Club.
Amazing.. maybe there is something that isn't be reported?
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6414|North Carolina
Given the statement made by the club...   I'm not really sure if there's really any way to describe this other than as racism.

Last edited by Turquoise (2009-07-09 21:26:32)

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6610|132 and Bush

Complexion.. could have just been an incredible stupid choice of words.. "complexion of the situation".. dunno I try to consider everything, but that's really going out on a limb.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6538|Global Command
sign...

I remember when I was in Erie. My host constantly referred to the local African Americans as niggers. He said to waitress, who was Italian, " get me another cup of coffee, you wop bitch, " like it was just normal conversation.

I tried to explain to him that talking that way in L.A. would get him killed and he said, " why in the fuck do you think I live here? "

Bottom line, there are many a racist douchebags in the world. This club made a massive mistake and will soon go under.

I mean, I can always tell by their voice on the phone. Black people sound...black.

Sad and pathetic, and I hope they get lawsuited or shamed out of business.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6414|North Carolina
Um...  whoever this guy in Erie was probably ended up drinking a lot of coffee with spit in it.
prolly dont have enough lifeguards for 60 kids - too much of a liability
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6610|132 and Bush

ATG wrote:

sign...

I remember when I was in Erie. My host constantly referred to the local African Americans as niggers. He said to waitress, who was Italian, " get me another cup of coffee, you wop bitch, " like it was just normal conversation.

I tried to explain to him that talking that way in L.A. would get him killed and he said, " why in the fuck do you think I live here? "

Bottom line, there are many a racist douchebags in the world. This club made a massive mistake and will soon go under.

I mean, I can always tell by their voice on the phone. Black people sound...black.

Sad and pathetic, and I hope they get lawsuited or shamed out of business.
Note, I've seen more racism from northerners than from southerners in my lifetime. Truth.

Btw my Mom is from GA and my Dad is from upstate NY ..lol.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6610|132 and Bush

Kimmmmmmmmmmmm wrote:

Why advertise pool parties?
Xbone Stormsurgezz
who has a pool party for 60 kids?
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6610|132 and Bush

Kimmmmmmmmmmmm wrote:

Creative Steps Day Camp.

Perhaps they should have included your theory in their response.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6610|132 and Bush

Found the story.
http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/loc … exion.html

ahhh the other side of the story.. there is always another side
http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/loc … -Race.html

The Valley Club is deeply troubled by the recent allegations of racism, which are completely untrue.

We had originally agreed to invite the camps to use our facility, knowing full well that the children from the camps were from multi-ethnic backgrounds. Unfortunately, we quickly learned that we underestimated the capacity of our facilities and realized that we could not accommodate the number of children from these camps. All funds were returned to the camps and we will re-evaluate the issue at a later date to determine whether it can be feasible in the future.

Our Valley Club deplores discrimination in any form, as is evidenced by our multi-ethnic and diverse membership. Whatever comments may or may not have been made by an individual member is an opinion not shared by The Valley Club Board.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6664

Oh come on guys, they're not talking about complexion as in skin color They're talking about the funky way one of those kids eyebrows grow in, or how that other kid with cornrows had a receding hairline at the age of 10.

Seriously though, most of the time I don't really buy into all the assumed racism crap, but this looks legitimate. "Underestimated the capacity" my ass. I'm sure when the camp counselors made reservations, the pool owners knew what they were getting into.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6610|132 and Bush

But what if they already had an established multiethnic membership?
Xbone Stormsurgezz
S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6528|Montucky
I think its more of a case of they didn't want 60 little kids running about the place fucking shit up.

Last edited by S3v3N (2009-07-09 22:54:29)

Masques
Black Panzer Party
+184|6731|Eastern PA
The comment section on that article is a cesspool.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6658

Kimmmmmmmmmmmm wrote:

Paedophiles.
BVC
+325|6705
Sorry, it has to be said...

Pool's closed?
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6771

Kimmmmmmmmmmmm wrote:

erm...... lol.  you need to read more about this story.
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6192|Ireland
Complexion, what a dumbass.  And not a concern in the world about the odor.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6771

jesus dude
ColCarnage
taw
+283|5604

Lotta_Drool wrote:

Complexion, what a dumbass.  And not a concern in the world about the odor.
ban
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6192|Ireland

usmarine wrote:

jesus dude
Well, those little southern white boys smell.
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6718|England. Stoke
Yeah perhaps the word "complexion" wasn't the best to use in these circumstances...
But tbh I think it's more to do with the 60 kids running around they would fuck shit up no matter what race, creed or colour they are.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6771

coke wrote:

I think it's more to do with the 60 kids running around they would fuck shit up no matter what race, creed or colour they are.
bullshit.  man you guys.  they knew how many were coming and gladly accepted the money for it.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6610|132 and Bush

usmarine wrote:

coke wrote:

I think it's more to do with the 60 kids running around they would fuck shit up no matter what race, creed or colour they are.
bullshit.  man you guys.  they knew how many were coming and gladly accepted the money for it.
They solicited them.. I don't think they knew what the member reaction would be with a bunch of kids running around their private club.
Xbone Stormsurgezz

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard