coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6705|England. Stoke
Basically I went to play PR the other night the splash screen came up, screen goes black and then boom it drops me straight back to desktop. It does this several times...
I eventually delete my profile folder and it works straight away. The next day however the problem returns and it's doing it on every form of BF2 (BF2, PR, BF2 SF) it starts up screen goes black and then back to desktop, I try deleting the profiles folder but this doesn't work. So reluctantly I uninstall and then completely reinstall the game, it works fine.

Today however it doing exactly the same thing as before, although sometimes I can hear it saying "EA games" before it crashes and I can't see any reason why??!?!?
Can someone please help me...

Last edited by coke (2009-07-08 13:01:59)

G.Cronin
ĆѳŗėFцśюn
+24|6187|Contae Chorcaí | Éire
This happened me on BF1942 but that was because my PC couldn't run it! Are you sure your computer can handle the game easy? (especially PR as this eats up BF2 resources!)
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6705|England. Stoke

G.Cronin wrote:

This happened me on BF1942 but that was because my PC couldn't run it! Are you sure your computer can handle the game easy? (especially PR as this eats up BF2 resources!)
Yes! Been playing 'em both for ages this problem appeared out of nowhere...
E8400
ATI 4850
2 gig ram

Anyway think I sorted it, reinstalled graphic drivers seemed to do the trick.
Although it wouldn't at all surprise me if the same problem crops up again when I next try and play, as I said before I thought a reinstall had rectified the situation, will update here if necessary.
Eifa
Never regret anything that ever made you smile.
+923|5867|00770
My Documents --> Battlefield 2 --> Profiles --> Default --> Video

Make sure you have the right resolution, I had the same problem and tried everything before I noticed I had wrong resolution / Hz.
Dunno why or how it had changed but oh well. Works now.
No, I don't need an attitude adjustment. You just need to fuck off.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard