Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|6742|Reality

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

I've never understood why Americans have the month before the day. It makes no sense whatsoever. There's days in a month, and months in a year. dd/mm/yy. Simple.

Somebody bump this thread in a month to remind all of us about the special date when it really comes
It is because they write July 8, 2009 as their date in correspondence. MM DD, YY

I deal with customers using both formats so I always write the month to avoid confusion.

Last edited by Stubbee (2009-07-08 09:35:27)

The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6196|Winland

mikkel wrote:

Still got about a month to go in crazy European notation.

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Americans

According to ISO standards, it happened about two years ago. tbh.
If you're going to be a smart-ass and cite ISO standards, at least be a smart smart-ass. ISO standard datetime would've been 2007-08-09, so according to ISO standards, you'll never get that datetime pattern.
I wasn't referring to the writing, merely the order. I thought that was obvious since we're comparing it to the american way of writing it, which doesn't really have or follow any standards at all.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5787|Catherine Black

Kptk92 wrote:

No it's not. It's 08/07/09
This, but I'm so phsyced for when it comes in 33 days.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
G.Cronin
ĆѳŗėFцśюn
+24|6190|Contae Chorcaí | Éire

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

I've never understood why Americans have the month before the day. It makes no sense whatsoever. There's days in a month, and months in a year. dd/mm/yy. Simple.

Somebody bump this thread in a month to remind all of us about the special date when it really comes
This

SirSchloppy wrote:

what's with 12:34:56?
MrAnderson
Ghost Town T90/Apache Whore
+99|5998|Aberdeen, Scotland

G.Cronin wrote:

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

This

SirSchloppy wrote:

what's with 12:34:56?
That's true...we (non-Americans) use the opposite system for times and dates, but at least we don't mix them up
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5787|Catherine Black
12 hours 34 minutes and 56 seconds.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
MrAnderson
Ghost Town T90/Apache Whore
+99|5998|Aberdeen, Scotland
I think Cronin was pointing out the fact that we give our times in reverse order to our dates...

HH>MM>SS    DD<MM<YY
LaidBackNinja
Pony Slaystation
+343|6708|Charlie One Alpha
What do you mean it will only happen once?
What about 1909? 2109?
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine SecuROM slapping your face with its dick -- forever." -George Orwell
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6761

isnt it 09 anyway?  not 9.

so, this doesnt make sense.  close thread.
LaidBackNinja
Pony Slaystation
+343|6708|Charlie One Alpha

usmarine wrote:

isnt it 09 anyway?  not 9.

so, this doesnt make sense.  close thread.
Agree.

And well shit; there it is. An event that only happens once. I agreed with usmarine.
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine SecuROM slapping your face with its dick -- forever." -George Orwell
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6620|London, England

B-Scimitar wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

Stubbee wrote:

Good morning,

SET YOUR WATCHES
Today's the day - a second of silence please - shortly after noon today, July 8, comes the moment 12:34:56 7/8/9. Happens only once over the course of history... remember where you were...
I don't know what he's talking about, but it's true. It only happens once, ever. EVER.

Think about it.

Cosmic.
How about years 1009 and 3009?

Gawwad wrote:

8/7
Yes yes smart asses he wrote the date in a way that confuses some of you and you're quick to point out that what he said could mean a multitude of things, I suppose you all feel real smart.
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6311

https://farm3.static.flickr.com/2593/3702237254_a11b17b812_o.jpg
NooBesT
Pizzahitler
+873|6468

mikkel wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Americans

If you're going to be a smart-ass and cite ISO standards, at least be a smart smart-ass. ISO standard datetime would've been 2007-08-09, so according to ISO standards, you'll never get that datetime pattern.
7-08-09

Over 2000 years ago, but still happened.
https://i.imgur.com/S9bg2.png
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6567|NYC / Hamburg

We already had 1234567890 in Unix time
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|6571

https://img140.imageshack.us/img140/1848/expensivecow.jpg
mikkel
+383|6600

NooBesT wrote:

mikkel wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Americans

7-08-09

Over 2000 years ago, but still happened.
If you're going to be pedantic, 7-08-09 != 7-8-9.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6152|what

Silly Americans.

7th of August is still a month away.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Sqn Ldr MisterCaptainAwsm
Banned
+4|5406|Brisbane, on holiday in London
This is quite obviously a shoop, I can tell by the pixels and having done many a shoop in my time.
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6311

Sqn Ldr MisterCaptainAwsm wrote:

This is quite obviously a shoop, I can tell by the pixels and having done many a shoop in my time.
k Mr shoop expert.
Sqn Ldr MisterCaptainAwsm
Banned
+4|5406|Brisbane, on holiday in London

ebug9 wrote:

Sqn Ldr MisterCaptainAwsm wrote:

k Mr shoop expert.
Ta.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6680|Disaster Free Zone

Stubbee wrote:

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

It is because they write July 8, 2009 as their date in correspondence. MM DD, YY

I deal with customers using both formats so I always write the month to avoid confusion.
Because 8th of July 2009 is so difficult to say?
Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|6742|Reality

DrunkFace wrote:

Stubbee wrote:

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

Because 8th of July 2009 is so difficult to say?
No because americans are lazy so for them it is shorter to say July 8th than 8th of July. Or is could be another american independance issue like the number of ounces in a gallon or which side of the road you drive on. They wanted to be different from their colonial masters. *shrugs.
The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard