licutis
+0|6701|united states
I have been known to engage in spawn raping with a few of my clansmen from time to time and find it to be a effective method of winning a round for our team. For example, if you are playing as MEC on Kirkland and three or four of you go infest the USMC uncap when the USMC is in the lead after a few minuets half of the USMC team abandon their objectives and returns to the uncap to remove us. They are rarely successful at removing us due to the high degree of team play and communication we employ. The end result it the other team stupidly ignores the rest of the map, allowing our team to take all of the points, eventually winning the round.

Before you Flame away, this game is a War simulator, with a commander. Small groups that play as an effective team will win the round when all opposing players are unorganized. In WAR when a landing zone has been compromised and is not safe to land troops, it is the commanders job to CLOSE it and notify everyone involved not to go there as it is insecure. Then it is the commanders job to task a small team to approach to compromised landing zone from a safe direction to resecure it, and possibly protect it into the future. In the example I used there are three uncaps for the USMC, giving two places to Spawn if the main is being raped. Part of war is to secure the area behind you're lines, patrol it, ensure things like this don't happen.  In this game we have a really good satellite scanning systems, not to mention the permanent eye in the sky the commander has if he zooms in, and UAV's that can handle most of the work.

Instead people whine and complain and fall into the emotional trap that was set for them in the first place. In reality the best thing to do in this case is to not spawn at the point with base rapers, if there are still points that can be spawned at, go there! Then you can work at removing them from behind or ignore them. If you have lost all points on a map but you're uncap, it will probably be over soon anyway.

A real enemy gives you no quarter, war is no holds bar, and I will continue to play that way.
iamtheoneneo
+16|6707
spawn raping is no excuse - no matter how you try and dress it up with your 'real war tactics'
PRiMACORD
+190|6663|Home of the Escalade Herds
You killing someone as they spawn = cowardly

You can dress it up as you want, thats just the way it is. I really don't care when people do it, oh well ect but don't act like it's a valid tactic. The bottom line is that it's an easy way to get kills and it ruins gameplay for the peole you're doing it to. Tons of people just leave after being spawn camped which sucks because it sometimes leads to the server emptying out.
tF-voodoochild
Pew Pew!
+216|6886|San Francisco

There are two possible scenario's for supposed 'spawn raping.' One involves people being too stupid to spawn at another base and the other involves a team that can't capture any other flags. Both times it is the supposed victim's fault.

If you have another spawn, spawn there. If you don't then you lost because you need to capture other flags. You cannot expect the winning team to sit back and let you take a second flag simply because you cannot take it by force.
edzed
+1|6734
I only think it is alright to spawn camp if you are covering people taking the flag or taking the flag other then that I dont know what to say other then it pisses me off when i get killed.
Viper38
+118|6708

licutis wrote:

A real enemy gives you no quarter, war is no holds bar, and I will continue to play that way.
AMEN
Rizen_Ji
+41|6774|200m out and smiling at you.
who the fuck cares, it's a game, go out have fun shoot at the air, TK someone. just have some fucking fun and stop arguing about whether or not spawn camping is "ok" or not.
I.M.I Militant
We Are Not Alone In Here
+297|6757|Melbourne, Australia
he makes a good argument.. and i respect him for that and i agree.. it is a tactic...god i cant stress enuf when i fly over the carrier and drop a few bombs off (on wake mainly cuz the whole frigen team is there at the beggining) and they call me a n00b for spawn killing... i tell em THERE ARE TO FAUKEN FALINX ANTI AA SYSTEMS THERE WHY DONT U FAUKEN SHOOT ME DOWN IT AIENT HARD TO SINCE 1.2 U NO.. honestly.. u guys need to stop complaining about it
DZL-X
+0|6665|Brooklyn, NY
I don't mind when soliders spawn camp... but it irritates me when tanks and apcs do it. Pretty unfair.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6754
i dont mind... if ur team gets spawn raped, u deserve it since u suxxorz (on most cases)
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Fretzli
+10|6680|Switzerland

I.M.I Militant wrote:

he makes a good argument.. and i respect him for that and i agree.. it is a tactic...god i cant stress enuf when i fly over the carrier and drop a few bombs off (on wake mainly cuz the whole frigen team is there at the beggining) and they call me a n00b for spawn killing... i tell em THERE ARE TO FAUKEN FALINX ANTI AA SYSTEMS THERE WHY DONT U FAUKEN SHOOT ME DOWN IT AIENT HARD TO SINCE 1.2 U NO.. honestly.. u guys need to stop complaining about it
This behaviour(bombing the carrier) can be restricted according to the ROE. By the way: are you dyslexic?

Last edited by Fretzli (2006-04-02 01:18:27)

Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6684
Spawn camping is generally a pussy tactic used by scared bitches who can't win any other way. Although there are instances when I don't condemn it.
[NER]Zento
Enemy Armor Spotted !
+6|6683|Karkand Street
Spawn killers on untakable flags : noobitches
Nuff said.
Bernadictus
+1,055|6775

[NER]Zento wrote:

Spawn killers on untakable flags : noobitches
Nuff said.
One word my friend, buckshot... A big storm of hail into their spawncamping asses will do the trick.
The MEC tried it on Karkand, SF:Warlod and various other maps, and every single time I enjoy blasting their asses off with a shotgun.
-=WM=-Racerx
+-3|6702|Chicago
Spawn killing = Punk ass stat padding.fight like a man or just play with your ps2.
Come to my server I'll ban you.
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6875
this post has been run a number of times, Why didnt you search ? its not a war its a game anyway. u dm fk
*ToRRo*cT|
Spanish Sniper-Wh0re
+199|6781|Malaga, EspaƱa
So true Horseman, its a fucking game
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6774|Salt Lake City

http://loldeadhorse.ytmnd.com/

This is all I have to say on this subject.
Kaosdad
Whisky Tango Foxtrot?
+201|6717|Broadlands, VA
My God - that web site will induce an epileptic fit!
$kelet0r
+16|6720
personally i think that it's a legit tactic - but the RoE allows admins to restrict it so everyone's happy, there's plenty of servers with uncap attack not allowed

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard