-fe.lep-
+8|6673

StormEye wrote:

I do agree that there are some snipers who do not do anything but calymore whoring but there are legitimate users who would be really sad if it is gone
No-one is talking about the complete removal of mines from the game, Just a restriction so that the "legitimate" users are in the majority and NOT the minority as they are currently. Also they need to make them so they are NOT impacting on special forces to the point where people who payed money for the game are unable to play certain maps unless they want to spend their night getting wasted and then revived on a constant basis. If the mines are made diffusable by nades people can cap the flags and if FF is on by default then people will think where they are putting the things in the first place.
sparklet
Banned
+34|6718|stop corecting my grammer!!!!!
hey perdy cool PKM-X buda wish i had 1
sparklet
Banned
+34|6718|stop corecting my grammer!!!!!

[CANADA]_Zenmaster wrote:

Claymores should be removable by hand-grenades, but they would still blow out causing possible kills. Problem solved.

The unremoveable claymores are quite retarded I agree, and I use them now and then too when working on my pistol kills, because they are two guaranteed kills which is really a bit bogus.
like in Delta Force Black Hawk Down you could shoot the clays and they would blow or throw a nade up a ladder to destroy it
Smeghead
+0|6811

-fe.lep- wrote:

chuyskywalker wrote:

Seriously, get over it. I DO NOT find claymores to be quite the scourge of BF2 as you do, and I highly doubt EA/DICE is going to change it now.

1. Sniper is a weak class to start with, take away their claymores and they're just stupid.
A "sniper" rifle that needs two hits to kill -- thanks. A shitty pistol, standard issue grenades, a distinctly "i'm weak, shoot me" outfit, and no body armor. No, I think the snipers could use a little help.
First of all, if you read my posts on page 4 which I doubt you have, you will see that the examples that I give are mostly specific to special forces and the adverse impact the controls of the weapons are having there. I would have to point out that your special forces play time seems to be limited and I would have to question if you have even been on the maps we are discussing since the advent of 1.22. If this is the case then for you to suggest that "claymores are not the scourge of battlefield" would be correct and honest. When u play most maps on battlefield 2 they are nothing more than an inconvenience, unless used in vast numbers, after all, how annoying is a claymore when you are in an f-16? This does not however change the fact that in a number of situations ,for example the start of Karkand, The television station on Sharqi peninsula etc. etc. they effect gameplay to a much higher degree than the PKM, C4 or Nade Launchers ever did. The previous weapons required that the player retain some control in aiming or detonation the claymore does not, if you killed the player controlling the other weapons they were then taken out of the equation. With the claymore retaining the ability the kill even after the "planter" is dead there is an obvious inbalance. This is a situation that clearly requires rectification and action from E.A. would not be without precedent.

2. Medic reviving DOES work, and it works extremely well.
Apparently the people you've been working with (the medics that get hit by this magical second "waiting for medic" claymore) are idiots. I'm not going to go into tactics here because it's pointless, but suffice it to say it's quite possible, and plainly very simple to execute this method of entry.
To address this point in the second paragragh (The nightflight example) I will use material I have previously pasted and just changed a little , I would also point to your playtime again and me having already addressed this issue on a number of other posts previously which you seem to have not read. I would also point to you calling the people on public servers, who have died trying to revive fellow team members in the following examples as idiots, Its those "idiots" that visit your site and keep your hits per day what it is. Anyhow :

Medic reviving DOES NOT WORK on the palace 2nd floor and 3rd floor on public servers. Are you seriously suggesting that public players, not on teamspeak, are capable of attacking in the co-ordinated manner as you describe while the entire opposing team is pinned down on one flag point? There are 3 doorways into the area, all of them when this situation arises will be double claymored, now your suggesting while there are 12 people in that room waiting for the enemy and periodically grenading the hell out of the corridor while spamming with PKM's, you and your frend the medic are going to go running up to the door, your going to detonate the claymore, hes going to revive you while not being killed by the other claymore and the other people in the room are going to watch in total awe at your ownage tactic? I would suggest that you will get your asses blown off and the mines replaced in seconds, even if there was 4 or 6 of players doing the same thing and you did succeed 90% of the time they will get shot and the mines replaced. Your successful assault in this manner would be one of the few I have seen and I have played the map 150 times.

Secondly the nightflight example, every single point on the map holds the same problems on it that the palace does, this means not just one massacre of your team by claymores, but every single point they take will result in this. like I said in a previous post, I have seen 10 and more claymores sitting on points in nightflight making the game unplayable with any level of fairness as it requires team members to be used as minesweepers, Im not saying the points "cant" be taken but to do so would be a Pyrrhic victory.

We are here to play the game to win are we not? Is this form of mine laying, without any form of diffusal other than ineffective suicide, not "adversely effecting game play" enough to be considered for a change? You answer my question further down yourself......

3. Claymores ARE tools of war!
Complaining that people are using claymores as an offensive measure is like crying that mines shouldn't be placed under enemy tanks.
No its not, its not even close,  please explain to me how laying mines under enemy tanks makes flag capture an impossibility, extends the map further than it should have been played by up to ten minutes, gives the players on the loosing team supply and sniperkills that are undeserved and generally pisses an entire team off usually resulting in a massive flame war?

As a side note: were you having, like, fits of rage during during 1.12 when I was sitting at the sharqi TV station with FIVE claymores out? I bet.
AGAIN as I already stated, I dont run into the areas that are now "virtually offlimits" to get myself killed, while you were noobing around with your 5 claymores for the odd kill, I would have been off getting a hell of a lot more points elsewhere. Try looking for explosive golds on players stats. ops, I guess I have that one too. There were always people using claymores. After the 1.22 patch, the migration of people to the sniper class for easy kills just means theres a whole lot more of them. That brings me to the reasons for my original post.

Note #2, I do agree that claymores, if you're smart enough to spot them, should be hand grenade detonate able, I also agree that they should go off for friendlies. Two very, very stupid changes.
So finally after all this, you get to the point I have made on 10 + occasions on this thread over the last couple of days. They need to be made diffusable and have teamdamage ON by default. Good job mate. So I guess if you think that, I think that and a whole hell of a lot of people agree, that your opening statement about E.A. and changes to the claymore were, erm....

Lets just hope E.A. see it the same way.

Ah well, its Friday, beer night, gl and hf

o/
HEHE Now that is a nice post..nice to see someone putting a bit of thought into it
-fe.lep-
+8|6673

Smeghead wrote:

HEHE Now that is a nice post..nice to see someone putting a bit of thought into it
Yeah, the problem is with a post like that, they wont reply, mabey I should have put Boo Sucks at the end. rofl

Cheers anyway matey o/
WaRgAsM
+1|6589
Boo Sucks!
aslpride
+6|6634
I don't know if anyone did mention this, but we should add new kit. It's called, "Disarmed man". It can have one tool that can disarm any claymore and mines. It will give us strategy plan than decide which is better for sniper or another kits.
HansMeiser
+7|6614
stop whinin
play the game and stfu
chitlin
Banned
+36|6733
from ea's mouth

The release of this patch is in line with our ongoing effort to make the game as enjoyable as possible, releasing quicker fixes addressing some of the things that you want to see changed.
i.e. to whatever extent ea / dice listen to thier community's opinions about game and balance issues and include them in thier patches. so hans what you should do is either add something contructive to the conversation or keep your fuckin mouth shut k thx
-fe.lep-
+8|6673

chitlin wrote:

from ea's mouth

The release of this patch is in line with our ongoing effort to make the game as enjoyable as possible, releasing quicker fixes addressing some of the things that you want to see changed.
i.e. to whatever extent ea / dice listen to thier community's opinions about game and balance issues and include them in thier patches. so hans what you should do is either add something contructive to the conversation or keep your fuckin mouth shut k thx
LOL. I dont think I could have said it better myself.
Metamort
+19|6655

Zanzura wrote:

Metamort wrote:

What EA or Dice needs to do is make it so you can still TK with clays - but they won't get negative points or be punishable!! that way you still have to be careful but won't get screwed over by noobs who want powerups.
YEAH THAT'S A GREAT IDEA, THAT WAY, ACCOUNTS DEDICATED TO TKING HAVE A NEW WAY OF TKING WITHOUT GETTING PUNISHED FOR IT OLOLOLOLO. No.

fe.lep, I agree that claymores should be destructable from other explosives but to make them only usable near ladders (seriously wtf kind of idea is that?) or getting rid of them would severely weaken the sniper class.
So what do you suggest? Set clays back to the way they were so that people can be punished and kicked for defending their back?

There are a lot fewer accounts dedicated to Tking than there are idiots who want to die.

Besides, as a teammate of the person you'd see the red X and avoid them anyway, like i was suggesting with this post, so how would you get Tked unless you were one of those noobs?

And if he did TK you once, would you continue running into the mines?

This is not a new way of Tking but a way of preventing the claywhores from spamming them everywhere. This way if someone DID spam them everywhere teammates would be wary because they would see BIG RED X's...

Please tell me how you would rack up a lot of TKs spreading claymores everywhere unless they were not so observant?

And finally, that's what admins are for. Kicking TKers.

Last edited by Metamort (2006-04-02 09:46:27)

Kontrolfreq
+50|6575|Cambridge UK
My god are we still discussing this??
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6665|Howell, Mi USA

-fe.lep- wrote:

StormEye wrote:

I do agree that there are some snipers who do not do anything but calymore whoring but there are legitimate users who would be really sad if it is gone
No-one is talking about the complete removal of mines from the game, Just a restriction so that the "legitimate" users are in the majority and NOT the minority as they are currently. Also they need to make them so they are NOT impacting on special forces to the point where people who payed money for the game are unable to play certain maps unless they want to spend their night getting wasted and then revived on a constant basis. If the mines are made diffusable by nades people can cap the flags and if FF is on by default then people will think where they are putting the things in the first place.
Hey man u know what? i play the same game as u and everybody else. We all deal with the same claymores as u do. but we don't bitch about them. Just take the death and stfu. claymores are fine, i can play any map i want, if a claymore kills me oh well, ill just go a diffrent way next time. y don't u learn how to adapt and deal with them rather then running around a map like an idiot. It's simple to check corners.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
ArMaG3dD0n
+24|6806|Deutschland/Germany
Haha Cbass your post made me laugh!
Just re read the arguments for making clays destroyable and switching FF back on so you will eventually get what everyone is talking about and stop making statements that make you look like....well....an "unexperienced player".

EDIT: also read my post on the 4th page!

Last edited by ArMaG3dD0n (2006-04-03 07:07:00)

Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6638

Zanzura wrote:

If an entire team was pinned down on either floor of the palace and all entry points have been spammed with claymores, I would just drive them back, force them to sit in their small room, and spam grenades. Spam the nades from the corridor and balcony. If you can't capture, kill them as fast as possible. You don't have to capture that flag. You can just kill em and drop their tickets to 0. Tear gas helps as well, as it both hinders their vision, and anyone that doesn't have their mask on, is fucked.
Exactly...  Bleed them instead of trying to take the flag.
-fe.lep-
+8|6673

Cbass wrote:

Hey man u know what? i play the same game as u and everybody else. We all deal with the same claymores as u do. but we don't bitch about them. Just take the death and stfu. claymores are fine, i can play any map i want, if a claymore kills me oh well, ill just go a diffrent way next time. y don't u learn how to adapt and deal with them rather then running around a map like an idiot. It's simple to check corners.
First of all I note that you replied to the top post on this page and not the 4th one down. I wonder why?
Second I would point out your stats for special forces on the maps in question:

MAP              TIME        WINS LOSSES RATIO HIGHEST SCORE

Night Flight      01:06:15      3      4      0.75      39
Warlord     01:45:57     3     3     1.00     65

Which means out of the 13 times you played these maps you have lost more than you won. Gee a whole 13 times........

Night Flight      12:24:38      40      18      2.22      127
Warlord     31:14:33     80     50     1.60     148

Thats my stats, ops, do you see a bit of a difference there?

1. being that I have played the map a whole hell of a lot more than you, giving me the experience to know what im talking about.
2. I win a lot more than I loose.

So who's the one running around the map like an idiot? ROFL

It's a pity that we have to put up with the "im leet as F**K I can defeat anything. You suck because..." kinda of posts but I guess when your educationally sub-normal A long, clear and well thought out post is just too much reading. The reasons for the argument are put by me clearly on this page on the fourth post from the top, Smeghead pasted it and commented on the quality. Gee I wonder will your post get anyone thinking anything other than, "what a W*nk*r!" ?

Rofl, you have a nice day now, ya hear? :p

Last edited by -fe.lep- (2006-04-03 13:25:07)

Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6665|Howell, Mi USA

ArMaG3dD0n wrote:

Just re read the arguments for making clays destroyable and switching FF back on so you will eventually get what everyone is talking about and stop making statements that make you look like....well....an "unexperienced player".

Your calling me a noob? im not the one complaining about weapons here. I know he doesnt want clays removed, just changed. how many times will it take b4 everyone is happy. People bitch about clays and they got changed, now a new group of people get pissed about them and they'll get changed again. This is never going to end. Ive never seen a game get nerfed as much as this and i think it's bullcrap. Just leave the game how it is, release patches to fix bugs/glitches and whatever but leave the dam weapons/vehicles alone.

Clays don't need to be destroyable, engineer can disarm them if your good. snipers can only place 2 as it is. if one way is blocked then find another way around. it's not like your going to run into a wall of claymores and can't go anywhere. god forbid u might die once, big frickin deal.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
chitlin
Banned
+36|6733
God forbid dice actually fixes balance issues .. im not sure you could make a more ignorant suggestion to dice "please stop fixing your game". Yes people bitched about the tking so dice implemented a possible solution.. that doesnt mean its the end all never talk about this ever again solution.

I've played warlord for 70 hours and i have NEVER seen an engineer try to wrench clays. It has nothing to do with them not being "good" its a totally ineffectual stratagy. Walk into a spawn area with a wrench and try to approach a clay from behind, which in tons of situations is impossible. Use your wrench is the most retarded advice ..ok take a class thats used the least and run into a firefight not with a gun but a wrench and try to approach a proximity explosive which the only approach angle is directly in front of it but somehow still get behind it and wrench it. And for your second act make 100 dollar bills fly out of your ass.

Flag defense should be done strictly with firearms, vehicles, and the occasional c4 camper. Claymores are intended to cover the snipers back and NOTHING else. When an infantryman runs towards a flag and spots a clay to the ONLY entrance towards said flag and must turn around and give up on the flag is detrimental to gameplay period.
mimah
Critically Wounded
+6|6672|A van down by the river!

bingobones wrote:

seems like most of u are noobs - as a sniper you get 2 claymores - so 2 can be deployed at a time - if u manage to get more ammo and deploy another claymore - the first one disappears...

so u get annoyed by claymores?! so what?! we all do!

maybe ea should ban grenades? cos they r annoying too!

tankstoo?

planes?

chopperS?

LOL NOOBS
I agree with you. Everyone gets pissed at one thing or another if EA got rid of everything that annoyed people the game would be we just sit around a flag pole with our thumb up our asses

or does the flagpole piss anyone off.... anyone
chitlin
Banned
+36|6733
yeah all those people that bitched about the karkand hotel exploit should have just quit thier whining and left all the exploits in the game the way dice intended ..

whats next people bitching about game balance issues like bunny hopping grenade launching and c4 chucking ?

i understand the progression you foresee from people commenting about the misuse of claymores effecting the balance of the game into a total destruction of bf2 gameplay degrading from guns to spitting and namecalling .. it makes total logical sense

yeah i think instead we should be super sensitive to everything anyone says instantly labeling it "whining" and "crying" and write whatever they said off leaving everything in the game exactly the way it comes out the box and never fixing anything in a game no mater how fucked up the gameplay becomes.
Rosse_modest
+76|6747|Antwerp, Flanders
The no friendly fire claymores are starting to piss me off.
There are days I can't seem to get anywhere near a flag to cap it without using a vehicle.
I don't want to see claymores disappear from the game (they are a great means of personal defense for the snipers) but I would like to see the FF thing changed again.
Aphex_D
I live for the 306
+26|6612|Uk

-fe.lep- wrote:

Cbass wrote:

First of all I note that you replied to the top post on this page and not the 4th one down. I wonder why?

Which means out of the 13 times you played these maps you have lost more than you won. Gee a whole 13 times........

1. being that I have played the map a whole hell of a lot more than you, giving me the experience to know what im talking about.

It's a pity that we have to put up with the "im leet as F**K I can defeat anything. You suck because..." kinda of posts but I guess when your educationally sub-normal A long, clear and well thought out post is just too much reading. The reasons for the argument are put by me clearly on this page on the fourth post from the top, Smeghead pasted it and commented on the quality. Gee I wonder will your post get anyone thinking anything other than, "what a W*nk*r!" ?

nab nab nab,
just because there are claywhores everywhere you dont need to change the game, adjustments ruin the game,
blackhawk minigun, support machine gun, ect ect...

leave it alone
bingobones
+6|6696|London, UK

Aphex_D wrote:

-fe.lep- wrote:

Cbass wrote:

nab nab nab,
just because there are claywhores everywhere you dont need to change the game, adjustments ruin the game,
blackhawk minigun, support machine gun, ect ect...

leave it alone
yes! leave everything alone! - do not nerf anything else!

in fact EA/DICE maybe concentrate on the bugs/exploits and even maybe a new map pack for free!
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6617

Cbass wrote:

ArMaG3dD0n wrote:

People bitch about clays and they got changed, now a new group of people get pissed about them and they'll get changed again.
The only people that who ran into friendly claymores were the complete morons that deserved to die. It was like gods way of telling them he made a mistake. I never bitched about claymores. If I ran over a friendly it my own damn fault, end of story. They were perfectly fine as they were. Now bring it back because we've all seen the abuse and annoyance of ff off while not being explodable.
Kontrolfreq
+50|6575|Cambridge UK
I agree with you. Everyone gets pissed at one thing or another if EA got rid of everything that annoyed people the game would be we just sit around a flag pole with our thumb up our asses

or does the flagpole piss anyone off.... anyone
2nd'd And don't even get me started on those fricken flagpoles!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Standing there all smug loooking, and obscuring my view dagnammit!!! lol.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard