Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6537|Long Island, New York
Wow, blogs. Holy fuck, I bow down to you. Your posting of...blogs...clearly has succeeding in taking over Wiki's credibility, which according to thineself is just not holy enough to be taken into account.

Fuck man, you win.

If Tavares ends up being a bust, so be it. I'll take my chances. Tavares is not a cockwash like Daigle was. He's humble, wants to play the game for the sake of playing the game, and loves doing what he does.

Nothing like Daigle.

Next please.

Last edited by Poseidon (2009-07-01 11:22:50)

Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
In other news, Marian Hossa's joined the Hawks (12y/62), Havlat's probably going to LA and Komisarek's going to one of the two NY teams. So it seems, atleast.

Avs also got Craig Anderson which was a necessity for them. Should be interesting to see who gets the starting job in Denver.

Edit: Islanders got Dwayne Roloson. Solid backup.

Last edited by Poseidon (2009-07-01 11:29:22)

Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6473|6 6 4 oh, I forget

Brashear... oh god.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

Ultrafunkula wrote:

Brashear... oh god.
Good signing, not exactly at a good price but he gives you back a little bit of what you lost in Orr.

Loving the Roloson signing...I'd bet him and The Rick split the games, if Rick's even healthy enough.
Ultrafunkula

Poseidon wrote:

Ultrafunkula wrote:

Brashear... oh god.
Good signing, not exactly at a good price but he gives you back a little bit of what you lost in Orr.

Loving the Roloson signing...I'd bet him and The Rick split the games, if Rick's even healthy enough.
I'd like to see Koskinen get some minutes once he gets over there. It actually might be next season he is over there, since Espoo Blues is on the verge of going bankrupt. Some weeks ago they told their players that if anyone gets an offer they're free to go. So if the Isles want him over there to get some small rink education, now would be the time.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

Ultrafunkula wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Ultrafunkula wrote:

Brashear... oh god.

I'd like to see Koskinen get some minutes once he gets over there. It actually might be next season he is over there, since Espoo Blues is on the verge of going bankrupt. Some weeks ago they told their players that if anyone gets an offer they're free to go. So if the Isles want him over there to get some small rink education, now would be the time.
He'll head to the AHL to be Nathan Lawson's backup methinks. If Roloson has to take over for Ricky due to injury (as he most likely will), Koskinen will get the starting job in the AHL.

I'd say Koskinen becomes our full time backup (unless Lawson truly proves he's capable, which I think he might) in 3-4 years.
Ultrafunkula

Poseidon wrote:

Ultrafunkula wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

He'll head to the AHL to be Nathan Lawson's backup methinks. If Roloson has to take over for Ricky due to injury (as he most likely will), Koskinen will get the starting job in the AHL.

I'd say Koskinen becomes our full time backup (unless Lawson truly proves he's capable, which I think he might) in 3-4 years.
I bet one karma he is your #1 or 2 goalie in 0-2 years or in some other team. What the hell am I doing? Boosting my rival team goalie like he was my own? Fuck him, he sucks
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6530|Boston, MA

Poseidon wrote:

Wow, blogs. Holy fuck, I bow down to you. Your posting of...blogs...clearly has succeeding in taking over Wiki's credibility, which according to thineself is just not holy enough to be taken into account.

Fuck man, you win.

If Tavares ends up being a bust, so be it. I'll take my chances. Tavares is not a cockwash like Daigle was. He's humble, wants to play the game for the sake of playing the game, and loves doing what he does.

Nothing like Daigle.

Next please.
LO friggin L. Do you honestly think all these blog writers just decided to make all that up? Yeah, there's actually an underground band of blog writers who decided one day to just start claiming that Daigle was considered "the Next One" just to make him look like a bigger bust. Yeah, that like 70 word wikipedia article has way more credibility than several blogs...

And I never said anything about Tavares being bad or good, I was just agreeing with whoever said don't get your hopes up. Being a #1 overall draft pick doesn't mean much. How many years exactly has the #1 overall pick even been the clear best player in that draft anyway? What about Patrick Stefan? Shit happens and players don't pan out. Just don't rely on them to magically put the team back on track when they aren't proven at all.

Aside from the whole Daigle talk, I'm kind of surprised Avs signed Anderson, they were apparently ready to sign Biron before free agency opened.

Last edited by FrankieSpankie3388 (2009-07-01 18:49:26)

Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

FrankieSpankie3388 wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Fuck man, you win.

Nothing like Daigle.

Next please.
LO friggin L. Do you honestly think all these blog writers just decided to make all that up? Yeah, there's actually an underground band of blog writers who decided one day to just start claiming that Daigle was considered "the Next One" just to make him look like a bigger bust. Yeah, that like 70 word wikipedia article has way more credibility than several blogs...

And I never said anything about Tavares being bad or good, I was just agreeing with whoever said don't get your hopes up. Being a #1 overall draft pick doesn't mean much. How many years exactly has the #1 overall pick even been the clear best player in that draft anyway? What about Patrick Stefan? Shit happens and players don't pan out. Just don't rely on them to magically put the team back on track when they aren't proven at all.
No man fuck, you have blogs, clearly they're superior. There's no debating that.

I'm beginning to think you seriously just don't get it. It might be easy being a Boston fan because you're contenders in free agency and have a solid location. We don't. I get my hopes up because look at the past 15 fucking years of this team. He's our messiah even if he only becomes a 70-80 point player. Luckily I'm not alone in hoping for an Isles revive as on TSN as we signed Roloson, I saw a LOT of comments from fans around the league saying they hope we get revived like the Hawks and Pens did.

Also, lol @ the Rangers...

Poseidon wrote:

Ultrafunkula wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

The thing is, he's going to fuck up majorly in Free Agency in about 1 1/2 hours. He always does. He's going to sign someone like Komisarek or Gaborik to a huge contract and waste the cap space he freed up with Gomez.
Yeah. Can't wait... Heatley would be the cream on that failcake. Or how about Sundin and Lang? There's a few good prospects!
You can bet that Sather's going to go after one of Hossa, Gaborik, Heatley (via trade) or Havlat.

And he's going to grossly, grossly overpay them like he always does.

It's gonna be amusing.
Called it by a country mile. Gaborik will be lucky to play 50 games.

Last edited by Poseidon (2009-07-01 19:03:05)

notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6747|The United Center
Ultrafunkula

Montreal said bye bye to Koivu. What do you guys reckon he'll pick? Anaheim, Minnesota or something else? Both Selänne and Mikko Koivu have said they would want to play with him.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

notorious wrote:

Why ? You just guaranteed you won't win a cup for 12 years.
Ultrafunkula

Poseidon wrote:

notorious wrote:

Why ? You just guaranteed you won't win a cup for 12 years.
Ooooo, that's evil
TrashBlinD
french canadians suck
+135|6642|can
2010 Western Conference Finals : St. Louis Blues vs. Chicago Blackhawks aka Ty Conklin curse vs Marian Hossa curse
-CARNIFEX-[LOC]
Da Blooze
+111|6653

TrashBlinD wrote:

2010 Western Conference Finals : St. Louis Blues vs. Chicago Blackhawks aka Ty Conklin curse vs Marian Hossa curse
That would be a fucking beast of a series.   I think the Blues may surprise a lot of people next season...a lot of their key pieces were missing most or all season, so it's gonna look like a new team even without many trades.

And it's more like a "Any Detroit Goalie Who Winds Up Traded To St. Louis Ends Up Sucking" Curse that I'd be worried about.

Last edited by -CARNIFEX-[LOC] (2009-07-02 09:49:38)

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/12516/Bitch%20Hunter%20Sig.jpg
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6530|Boston, MA

Poseidon wrote:

drivel
I think you completely missed the point. My point was Daigle was considered the next one and he was a total bust...
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

-CARNIFEX-[LOC] wrote:

TrashBlinD wrote:

That would be a fucking beast of a series.   I think the Blues may surprise a lot of people next season...a lot of their key pieces were missing most or all season, so it's gonna look like a new team even without many trades.

And it's more like a "Any Detroit Goalie Who Winds Up Traded To St. Louis Ends Up Sucking" Curse that I'd be worried about.
lol legace

-severe lack of understanding here-
yup
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6530|Boston, MA
LOL, wow, seriously, can't you just admit you were wrong? All I said was Daigle was considered "the Next One" and all of a sudden you went on an all out attack...
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

LOL, wow, seriously, can't you just admit you were wrong? All I said was Daigle was considered "the Next One" and all of a sudden you went on an all out attack...
I'm not going to admit anything when you used blogs as your source while at the same time throwing away Wikipedia. It's beyond laughable. And please, stop trying to act like you were some mega hockey fan who knows everything about hockey in the 90's. What were you, maybe 3 years old when Daigle was drafted?

Tavares is NOTHING LIKE DAIGLE. It's really not hard to understand. Well, for most people. His attitude is different, his feeling on being in the limelight is different, and he plays the game to play the game, not for his ego. Unlike Daigle. Someone who once said "nobody remembers number 2". If Tavares had said something like that, I'd be regretting the choice instantly and I'd be wishing Snow had taken Hedman.

Step off the high horse bro.
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6530|Boston, MA
OK, so let me go find all those 100s of hockey articles that were on the internet from 1993 as a source, oh wait...

I'm not acting like a mega hockey fan. I don't know where you came up with this. The fact of the matter is if you would do any research at all or even talk to older hockey fans, you would easily know Daigle was considered "the next one" at the time. It's not my fault I'm just bringing up what was said in the past. And so what if I used several blogs? Like I said before, do you honestly think there's a league of underground writers that are out to torture Daigle and all started a conspiracy to start calling him the next one? No, they're saying he was called the next one because, well, he was called the next one.

I don't care if Tavares is just like Daigle or not. The fact of the matter is everybody's treating him like the messiah to the Islanders and acting as if he's the best thing to happen to the organization since their dynasty in the early 80s. You can't put all your faith in an unproven prospect...

And step off my high horse? All I'm trying to do is knock some sense into your head. You're the one that seems to think being a #1 overall draft pick seems to mean he's already an instant star having never played a professional game. Can he be a star? Yes. Will he be a star? Likely. Is he a star right now? Hell no.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

I don't care if Tavares is just like Daigle or not. The fact of the matter is everybody's treating him like the messiah to the Islanders and acting as if he's the best thing to happen to the organization since their dynasty in the early 80s. You can't put all your faith in an unproven prospect...
You clearly know nothing about this organization, it's fans or the subject at hand. This little tidbit proved it.

And with that, I say...

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v702/osgood35nyi/youlose.gif

Moving on...

Antropov signed with Atlanta (disappointing), Kaberle seems to be moving from TOR, Kovalev's going to the Caps (they're going to be stacked, though they needed defense more than anything) and Aucoin went to PHX.

I wonder who's going to sign Jonas Gustavsson.
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6530|Boston, MA
Yup, I guess I lost because you're just beating around the bush. It's hard for me to take anything you say seriously at this point when you still haven't given me a logical response to my original statement. Oh ya, next time you expect to get any respect, you probably shouldn't quote people and say "drivel" or some shit like that and then continue to beat around the bush so you can avoid the subject. I guess I should learn how to not talk about the subject at hand next time too. So how about them Rangers?
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

Yup, I guess I lost because you're just beating around the bush. It's hard for me to take anything you say seriously at this point when you still haven't given me a logical response to my original statement. Oh ya, next time you expect to get any respect, you probably shouldn't quote people and say "drivel" or some shit like that and then continue to beat around the bush so you can avoid the subject. I guess I should learn how to not talk about the subject at hand next time too. So how about them Rangers?
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v702/osgood35nyi/cool_story_bro.jpg

have fun with your blogs bro
Ultrafunkula

So how about them Rangers?
Oi! Leave my blueskirts out of your feud
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6747|The United Center
Guys, knock it off.  This thread is about hockey, not who has more knowledge of the sport (or in Poseidon's case, who has more shitty jpgs to post).  There's enough activity going on in the league right now that you don't have to resort to petty arguments.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard