Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6592|132 and Bush

For those who are not aware these are the people admittedly running the stat hacks..
I would love to hear a response from EA, I know its the weekend but we will see. With the use of this hack it effectively throws the whole "Ranked" server system in the garbage. Try to imagagine the money lost when "ranked servers" no loner mean anything.

From C.E.A. PS: EA: We don't give two shits if you reset our stats. As long as these bugs aren't fixed, we'll keep making .

See how they like it when EA blacklist their server. Or perhaps a hardware ban.
I know this will not stop them from going to server to server but it's at least something

Host : Mecahost

Slots : 24

Modo : Publico

Admins : Equipo C.E.A

IP : 82.159.210.139:16567

SO : Win32
Xbone Stormsurgezz
RGB|Apocalypse
+1|6752
Is a hardware ban even possible? Not to mention the rights of EA to do so, cos they like BOUGHT the game? Also, EA is rolling in their money with the ranked server too.

Now, don't get me wrong, I don't think condoning exploits are good but its clearly lazy/slacker coding by Dice/EA..

2 wrongs don't make a right. What EA should do is to FIX THE CODE, not go reset hunting. Because, its clear that we will not see the end of this obvious bug exploited.

That said, what an idiot programmer that they have to assume caps of 65535.... (YES, I am a programmer)
chrnoicle
+23|6596|Canada

RGB|Apocalypse wrote:

That said, what an idiot programmer that they have to assume caps of 65535.... (YES, I am a programmer)
i dont understand what cap of 65535?
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6592|132 and Bush

I am not sure on the hardware ban but I have heard it before. As far as blacklisting a server I know that is possible, it is in the agreement when EA gives a hosting company the rights to host ranked servers. EA has threatend to do this before, if not people would be locking up thier ranked servers for themselves and padding the hell out of them.

Last edited by Kmarion (2006-04-02 19:49:12)

Xbone Stormsurgezz
ThePunisher_ITA_
+59|6594
I think for sure their stats will be erased (and also a day before the new patch that will fix the problem), but actually the real matter is that people can use the bug in a low measure, so it is not so notable like that and EA can't do anything (except fixing the code of course).
buttered noodle
+16|6637|ohio
all the caps are powers of 2, 65536 being 2 raised to the 16th but seeing as 0 is the first value it caps at 1 less that 2 raised to the 16th which is your 65535, you will also notice that the 16,777,215 is 2 raised to the 24th minus 1 due to zero as the first value. there are limits to the amount of space allowed for a given score which can vary between sites, there are legit examples of this such as with firestorm and blazin which both have over 65535 kills
dubbs
+105|6623|Lexington, KY
EA can ban their Key Code for the game. This is possible because the game checks you Key Code when you log onto the acount server.  This is how they can tell if two people have the same Key Code.  By banning the Key Code (which they can do because it only stops online gaming but not LAN or Single-Player modes), and their Hash String, they will not be able to play online with any accounts that are they make.  Yes, they could purchuse a new version of BF2, but if they use the hack again, it will show up, and EA can ban them again.
[NER]Zento
Enemy Armor Spotted !
+6|6637|Karkand Street
No they shouldn't... EA and Dice has been pwned. They better fix this HUGE hole besides banning or blacklisting players who has kinda discovered and show this bug.
*ToRRo*cT|
Spanish Sniper-Wh0re
+199|6735|Malaga, EspaƱa
i think CEA is doing a nice sacrefice

they got good points in why they are doing this and now EA cannot ban them because they use a glitch that EA doesnt fix

Last edited by *ToRRo*cT| (2006-04-03 02:54:06)

Rakasan
+7|6828|California, USA
EA/Dice should hire them, LOL.
Fancy_Pollux
Connoisseur of Fine Wine
+1,306|6637

buttered noodle wrote:

all the caps are powers of 2, 65536 being 2 raised to the 16th but seeing as 0 is the first value it caps at 1 less that 2 raised to the 16th which is your 65535, you will also notice that the 16,777,215 is 2 raised to the 24th minus 1 due to zero as the first value. there are limits to the amount of space allowed for a given score which can vary between sites, there are legit examples of this such as with firestorm and blazin which both have over 65535 kills
You realize 65535 is just the limit bf2s uses? Check any other stat site and you will see their REAL stats. "65535" is irrelevent to anything and everything.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard