Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6537|Long Island, New York
https://img413.imageshack.us/img413/2821/tavwow.jpg

one more day!
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6530|Boston, MA
Draft Tavares so Boston can try to trade for #2 and draft Hedman.
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6530|Boston, MA
Awwww man, looks like Bruins offered Kessel for Kaberle + 7th overall pick. I'd like Kaberle but not so much for this trade. Here's to hoping that Chiarelli packages that #7 pick if that trade goes through for one of the top 2 picks and draft Hedman.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6530|Boston, MA
Did you see that trade for Pronger? Anaheim won so much on that trade. Lupul's a solid 2nd line winger and Anaheim really needs secondary scoring. They also get a great prospect defenseman in Sbisa which could play next season and granted he may not be quite there yet, he could likely be a #2-3 guy in a couple of seasons. Then to top it off, they get 2 first round picks? I mean I know Pronger is a huge guy to have on the blue line but they already have major salary cap problems too. Anaheim = huge winners.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
Yeah that was an...interesting trade. Pronger will fit right in.

https://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs109.snc1/5082_106979448155_749478155_2784962_5356725_n.jpg
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

2:22

god I wish I was there
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6530|Boston, MA
I wonder how the crowd would have reacted if they drafted Hedman.

I'm liking Caron for Boston. He'll probably be in the line up in a couple of seasons and be banging everybody up like Lucic.
:blacKOut:
Shevchenkooooo
+42|6265|'Merica
I'm a Flyers fan and I liked getting Pronger but I DIDN'T like the trade at all.  The guy is 34 years old and we gave up Lupul who had 25 goals and 25 assists last year and Sbisa, a defenseman who did well in the minors and you give him a couple years, he'll be a solid player in the NHL.  We also gave up 2 first round picks.  W.T.F.  A 34 year old defenseman who's past his prime does not deserve 2 young players and 2 first round picks (I think we also gave them a couple conditional picks as well).  This trade also says "Hey Flyers Fans, we aren't trying to get Jay Bouwmeester! "  We should have cleared up some cap room and attempted to get this guy.  If we traded away Lups and Sbisa to clear some cap and attempt to sign Bouwmeester then I would have been fine but instead we get a veteran defenseman who is owend 6.5 million for the next season.  At least he'll impact the team right away but he better show up and play and not get injured.

Let's Go Flyers!
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6530|Boston, MA
Yeah, I don't know what Flyers management was thinking with that trade...
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6761

jeez man tavares isnt the second coming bro.  you need to learn to not get your hopes up so much.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

usmarine wrote:

jeez man tavares isnt the second coming bro.  you need to learn to not get your hopes up so much.
broke TGO's record for goals in a season at 16 in the OHL at 17 with 72

had 45 goals when he was 15

58 goals this year...

Sure, he could be a bust...but the chances of that are slim. He's a natural player.

Last edited by Poseidon (2009-06-27 03:12:53)

Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6473|6 6 4 oh, I forget

Hey Possy. Your team ordered a pretty decent goalie from Fin. Koskinen is tall as hell and is gonna be a good backup for Rick if not even taking his place.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

Ultrafunkula wrote:

Hey Possy. Your team ordered a pretty decent goalie from Fin. Koskinen is tall as hell and is gonna be a good backup for Rick if not even taking his place.
Supposedly he's pretty good, I dunno though. He wasn't the BPA but he was a necessity. We need goalies in the system.

We also got Anders Nilsson, another goalie who's from Sweden. And Casey Cizikas who was convicted of manslaughter...

I'm loving de Haan and Tavares though. Can't wait to see a Streit/de Haan/Tavares group on the PP in about 2-3 years.
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6530|Boston, MA

Poseidon wrote:

usmarine wrote:

58 goals this year...

Sure, he could be a bust...but the chances of that are slim. He's a natural player.
Yeah, because Alexandre Daigle wasn't considered the "next one..."
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

FrankieSpankie3388 wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

usmarine wrote:

58 goals this year...

Yeah, because Alexandre Daigle wasn't considered the "next one..."
Yes, your sarcasm would be correct.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Next_One

Fail harder next time? Lindros would've been better (but still was fantastic) if not for the injuries and Ovechkin and Crosby speak for themselves.

Daigle was also cocky as fuck, had no motivation due this huge ass contract (and is the reason a rookie cap is now there), apparently loved to party and loved the limelight. The complete opposite of JT.

To compare Daigle to JT is nothing short of stupid. You can't even compare him to Stefan. Stefan never showed the promise that JT did in the minor leagues.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/draft2008 … storyfirst

I'll take my chances...
Far
+22|6730|USA
Even if Tavares only turns out to only be the "second coming" of Zigmund Palffy I'll be happy.
Ultrafunkula

Gomez to Habs?! Well fuck you too Sather. I wan't my money back from the Gomez t-shirt I bought in january!
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6530|Boston, MA
Pfft, the Rangers won that deal so much it's not even funny. OK, that's not true, as a Boston fan I find it hilarious. Higgin's had an off year but he's a pretty good player. McDonagh was probably Montreal's best prospect too. Meanwhile New York got rid of Gomez's ridiculous $7.3mil contract for 5 more years. Scott Gomez was basically to the Rangers as Daniel Briere is to Philly and I'm sure the Rangers are glad to get him out of there. Don't be surprised to see Heatley traded to NY or maybe a big name free agent like Hossa or Gaborik.

I actually look on hboards.com and it's funny to see how pissed every single Habs fan are. I think 95% of the people on that site (and it's a very popular hockey site) is laughing at Gainey about that trade. The other 5% are just very very hopeful and optimistic Habs fans. I think they're just in denial and still don't believe it happened.

edit- Just saw Poseidon's post, are you serious? Linking a friggin wikipedia article and telling me to fail harder? Ask any hockey fan from the early 90s. Everybody said Daigle was the next phenom. Oh ya, and if you want a wikipedia article, here you go:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexandre_Daigle

Notice the big "Leading up to the 1993 NHL Entry Draft, Alexandre Daigle was considered a "can't miss" prospect and NHL superstar in waiting. The Senators were even accused of deliberately losing games late in the 1992-93 season in order to guarantee the first overall selection and the right to draft him, which prompted an investigation by the league." in the very beginning of the article... Also his quote was hilarious, "I'm glad I got drafted first, because no one remembers number two." Well I'd like to introduce you to 1993's second overall pick, Chris Pronger.

Last edited by FrankieSpankie3388 (2009-07-01 05:42:06)

Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

drivel
Big difference between "can't miss" and "Next One", bub.

and lol @ using the old "oh it's wiki, it's wrong" ploy.

Ultrafunkula wrote:

Gomez to Habs?! Well fuck you too Sather. I wan't my money back from the Gomez t-shirt I bought in january!
Sather actually made a brilliant deal on that move.

The thing is, he's going to fuck up majorly in Free Agency in about 1 1/2 hours. He always does. He's going to sign someone like Komisarek or Gaborik to a huge contract and waste the cap space he freed up with Gomez.

Last edited by Poseidon (2009-07-01 07:30:59)

Ultrafunkula

Poseidon wrote:

The thing is, he's going to fuck up majorly in Free Agency in about 1 1/2 hours. He always does. He's going to sign someone like Komisarek or Gaborik to a huge contract and waste the cap space he freed up with Gomez.
Yeah. Can't wait... Heatley would be the cream on that failcake. Or how about Sundin and Lang? There's a few good prospects!
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

Ultrafunkula wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Yeah. Can't wait... Heatley would be the cream on that failcake. Or how about Sundin and Lang? There's a few good prospects!
You can bet that Sather's going to go after one of Hossa, Gaborik, Heatley (via trade) or Havlat.

And he's going to grossly, grossly overpay them like he always does.

It's gonna be amusing.
Ultrafunkula

Not much happening here. Are the teams waiting for the Heatley trade or what?

http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=34751

Seems your Swedelanders didn't happen after all Possy.
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6530|Boston, MA

Poseidon wrote:

drivel
Big difference between "can't miss" and "Next One", bub.

and lol @ using the old "oh it's wiki, it's wrong" ploy.

Ultrafunkula wrote:

Sather actually made a brilliant deal on that move.

OK...

Its past is littered with No. 1 picks that were supposed to be "the next one," that turned out to be complete and utter failures. Take, for example, 1993 No. 1 overall pick Alexandre Daigle, who, upon being selected by the Ottawa Senators with the top pick was quoted as saying: "I'm glad I got drafted first, because no one remembers number two."
From http://www.newsobserver.com/sports/story/832620.html
...but the Next One almost inevitably has to be Canadian. So it gets handed to players like Alexandre Daigle, who was the NHL's No. 1 pick in 1993, that wilt under the weight of expectations.
From http://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/29/sport … ockey.html
...the country has searched for the Next One. The label was passed among players like Eric Lindros and Sidney Crosby ... So it gets handed to players like Alexandre Daigle, who was the N.H.L.’s No. 1 pick in 1993, only to wilt under the weight of expectations.
from http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_d … =nhl,97595
Of course, pre-draft hype and being ordained as "The Next One" mean nothing if the player isn't as good as his headlines. For examples, this probably wasn't the first fan page for Alexandre Daigle -- but it may have been the last.
From http://penguinsexperience.com/2008/12/s … vares.html
Several other players have been called "The Next One" and have not taken the league by storm (Eric Lindros and especially Alexandre Daigle come to mind.)
From http://allhockeyallthetime.blogspot.com … undup.html
You know who else has been labeled "The Next One?" Eric Lindros and Alexandre Daigle, for heaven's sake.
From http://urbaneblog.wordpress.com/2008/08 … rt-3-of-3/
Not an Alexander Daigle “he might be the next one”
I could easily go on but I have to get going. The fact of the matter is just because so many people were wrong about Daigle doesn't mean they can pretend like they never called him "The Next One." Like I said, go talk to any hockey fan from the early 90s because you clearly aren't one. They will all tell you that Daigle was considered "The Next One." Just because you didn't follow hockey back then or ever apparently never even research it, doesn't mean you're right...

Last edited by FrankieSpankie3388 (2009-07-01 11:04:32)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard