HollisHurlbut
+51|5968
Ricci v. Distefano (sp?) decided in favor of white firefighters.

I'm glad the case came out this way but from reading the article I can tell I'll probably not be too fond of the opinion itself, which I haven't had time to read yet.  It was authored by the wishy-washy fuckbag Kennedy, and his reasoning was that there wasn't "strong evidence" the city would be held legally liable for a disparate impact lawsuit.  WTF constitutes "strong evidence" anyway?  I would have preferred a simple opinion stating that if you administer a test to see who qualifies for a promotion, tossing the results because there are too many honkeys is racial discrmination.

In dissent, Ginsburg wrote that there's no "right" to a promotion.  One can only wonder why this rationale doesn't apply when "too many" Neegrows are selected for promotion...

Modedit: One can only wonder why I didn't delete this whole thread. -Don-
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5672|College Park, MD
Holy shit, you mean the government isn't pandering and being PC?

Honestly I'm getting tired of this hypocrisy where it's only considered discrimination or a hate crime if it's done against a minority.

Last edited by Hurricane2k9 (2009-06-29 08:34:36)

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6706|Salt Lake City

As long as nothing in the test was racially biased, this is exactly as it should be.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls

Agent_Dung_Bomb wrote:

As long as nothing in the test was racially biased, this is exactly as it should be.
Like what?
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6706|Salt Lake City

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

Agent_Dung_Bomb wrote:

Like what?
I wasn't referring to anything specific.  It was more of following guidelines.  If there is nothing racially biased in the test, then overturning the ruling was appropriate.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6622|USA
I will just wait for when the Supreme Court is called racist by Jesse and Sharpton and all of their minions. For entertainment value
nickb64
formerly from OC (it's EXACTLY like on tv)[truth]
+77|5581|Greatest Nation on Earth(USA)
Hopefully this make them actually look @ sotomayor's record b4 confirming her instead of just saying "ok, you're in"
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6750|Great Brown North
how can a test be racially biased?

i'm lost and confused here
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls

krazed wrote:

Same. It reminds me of the thing that made the CollegeBoard remove analogies from the SAT. There was a question asking something like "if runner is to marathon, boat is to" and it had a few options, one of them being "regatta."

The bleeding hearts' claim was that since only a small amount of black test takers got it while a lot of white test takers got it, it was "racially biased" because boat-racing is a rich (and apparently 'white') sport.

The problem with this argument is that I've never been boat racing, my family isn't wealthy, and I still know what a regatta is.
SealXo
+309|6506

lowing wrote:

I will just wait for when the Supreme Court is called racist by Jesse and Sharpton and all of their minions. For entertainment value
jesse has no credibility after wanted to cut obamas nuts off
mikkel
+383|6572

krazed wrote:

These people are trying to say that blacks are dumb and Mexicans are lazy, and that cognitive tests are designed to weed them out.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6571|132 and Bush

SealXo wrote:

lowing wrote:

jesse has no credibility after wanted to cut obamas nuts off
awww cmon he was crying after he won.

Maybe he was just thinking that should have been me .
Xbone Stormsurgezz
san4
The Mas
+311|6659|NYC, a place to live

HollisHurlbut wrote:

In dissent, Ginsburg wrote that there's no "right" to a promotion.  One can only wonder why this rationale doesn't apply when "too many" Neegrows are selected for promotion...
Are you too much of a pussy to say removed by mod?

Maybe he is just respecting the site rules - KEN

Last edited by KEN-JENNINGS (2009-06-29 18:39:12)

HollisHurlbut
+51|5968

san4 wrote:

HollisHurlbut wrote:

Are you too much of a pussy to say removed by mod?

Maybe he is just respecting the site rules - KEN
Huh?
Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|6519|San Diego, CA, USA
This justice and the next one Obama puts on to the supreme court will not change the court.  The next guy to leave is I think 88 years old right now and he's a flaming liberal.
Deadmonkiefart
Floccinaucinihilipilificator
+177|6676
The point is, it's disturbing that people like Sotomayor are part of the supreme court.  She's a flaming racist for crying out loud!
Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|6519|San Diego, CA, USA
She's a racist and proud of it too.  But with 60 Democrats in the Senate there's like nothing the Republicans can do to stop it.  Unless she says something really dumb (or more dumb than she already has), in her hearings that inflames the people to call into the congressman, then even some Republicans are going to vote for her.

Odds are 80% right now in my book.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6375|North Carolina
I'm not a fan of affirmative action either.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6123|what

Republicans crying racism. It's hilarious.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Narupug
Fodder Mostly
+150|5567|Vacationland

AussieReaper wrote:

Ironic too.
nickb64
formerly from OC (it's EXACTLY like on tv)[truth]
+77|5581|Greatest Nation on Earth(USA)

Narupug wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

Ironic too.
why, we're not generally racist, it's a stereotype.

j00s /i kid
Deadmonkiefart
Floccinaucinihilipilificator
+177|6676

AussieReaper wrote:

First of all, I'm not a Republican.  Second of all, it was the Democrats who fought to keep slavery.  The Republican party was founded in the 1850s as a party opposed to Slavery.  It was the Democrats who controlled the South that passed the Jim Crow laws and black codes designed to maintain inequality and racism.  Up into the 1950s and 1960s, it was the Democrats who were the opponents of the Civil Rights Acts.  Martin Luther King was a Republican.  The Democrats are still trying to promote racism, just as they have been doing for the last 200 years.  I am not a fan of the Republicans, but as you can see, I dislike the Democrats even more.

Narupug wrote:

Ironic too.
Know your history, Stupid.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6375|North Carolina

Deadmonkiefart wrote:

First of all, I'm not a Republican.  Second of all, it was the Democrats who fought to keep slavery.  The Republican party was founded in the 1850s as a party opposed to Slavery.  It was the Democrats who controlled the South that passed the Jim Crow laws and black codes designed to maintain inequality and racism.  Up into the 1950s and 1960s, it was the Democrats who were the opponents of the Civil Rights Acts.  Martin Luther King was a Republican.  The Democrats are still trying to promote racism, just as they have been doing for the last 200 years.  I am not a fan of the Republicans, but as you can see, I dislike the Democrats even more.
Actually, most of the resistance to the Civil Rights Act was Southern Democrats.  Below, "Southern" refers to members of Congress from the eleven states that were once the Confederate States of America in the American Civil War.  Northern is everyone else.

Civil Rights Act of 1964 ("Yea-Nay" format)

The original House version: 290-130 (69%-31%)
The Senate version: 73-27 (73%-27%)
The Senate version, as voted on by the House: 289-126 (70%-30%)

By party

The original House version:
Democratic Party: 152-96 (61%-39%)
Republican Party: 138-34 (80%-20%)

The Senate version:
Democratic Party: 46-21 (69%-31%)
Republican Party: 27-6 (82%-18%)

The Senate version, voted on by the House:
Democratic Party: 153-91 (63%-37%)
Republican Party: 136-35 (80%-20%)

Vote by party and region

The original House version:

Southern Democrats: 7-87 (7%-93%)
Southern Republicans: 0-10 (0%-100%)

Northern Democrats: 145-9 (94%-6%)
Northern Republicans: 138-24 (85%-15%)

The Senate version:

Southern Democrats: 1-20 (5%-95%) (only Senator Ralph Yarborough of Texas voted in favor)
Southern Republicans: 0-1 (0%-100%) (this was Senator John Tower of Texas)
Northern Democrats: 45-1 (98%-2%) (only Senator Robert Byrd of West Virginia opposed the measure)
Northern Republicans: 27-5 (84%-16%) (Senators Bourke Hickenlooper of Iowa, Barry Goldwater of Arizona, Edwin L. Mechem of New Mexico, Milward L. Simpson of Wyoming, and Norris H. Cotton of New Hampshire opposed the measure)

It's worth noting that many Southern Democrats switched to being Dixiecrats and later, to Republicans.  Jesse Helms and Strom Thurmond are 2 examples.

Last edited by Turquoise (2009-07-01 15:06:49)

FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6381|'Murka

Shocking. A Sotomayor decision overturned by the SCOTUS.

She's batting...what? .150, tops?
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6617
Obama sure can pick em can't he.

You think a community organizer would be better at organzing a community.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard