maffiaw
ph33r me 傻逼
+40|6419|Melbourne, AUS

Turquoise wrote:

maffiaw wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Agreed.  There must be another reason why they are blocking the sale.  Pollution is just the cover story.
mmm a possibility because buying the Hummer brand now hook line and sinker would not be a economically viable investment in this economic and political climate.

The Chinese government is currently trying to push its 'green' credentials and this company, which is privately owned, went behind govt regulators to make this deal without their knowledge. This would mean that they essentially batfucked the govt. in this regard. my 2c
In all honesty, I'm completely in favor of batfucking the Chinese government.
I'm not. The Chinese govt's asshole is hard, unforgiving and has teeth.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6403|North Carolina

maffiaw wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

maffiaw wrote:

mmm a possibility because buying the Hummer brand now hook line and sinker would not be a economically viable investment in this economic and political climate.

The Chinese government is currently trying to push its 'green' credentials and this company, which is privately owned, went behind govt regulators to make this deal without their knowledge. This would mean that they essentially batfucked the govt. in this regard. my 2c
In all honesty, I'm completely in favor of batfucking the Chinese government.
I'm not. The Chinese govt's asshole is hard, unforgiving and has teeth.
and probably herpes... 
LividBovine
The Year of the Cow!
+175|6378|MN
I am actually leaning towards the notion that China has no confidence in our economy and considers this to be a bad investment and is blocking it for that reason.  I think they are moving their assets to more stable areas like Gold, Coppr, and Silver.  They are using our T-bills to buy them to.  What is that going to mean for our inflation rate?

Last edited by LividBovine (2009-06-27 20:20:50)

"The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation" - Barack Obama (a freshman senator from Illinios)
Turquoise
O Canada

LividBovine wrote:

I am actually leaning towards the notion that China has no confidence in our economy and considers this to be a bad investment and is blocking it for that reason.  I think they are moving their assets to more stable areas like Gold, Coppr, and Silver.  They are using our T-bills to buy them to.  What is that going to mean for our inflation rate?
I think Hummer would be a good investment for the sole purpose of giving them full rights to make Hummers for military use, not civilian use.  I know they already have Hummers now, but this way, they could do it without snubbing patents.

If anything, it looks like China is trying to be a little more legitimate with regard to patent law.
LividBovine
The Year of the Cow!
+175|6378|MN
Why would they want the hummer for military use?  You talking about the H1 or the H2?

Maybe it's the H3?
https://www.hummerguy.net/wp-content/PinkHummerH3_01.jpg

Last edited by LividBovine (2009-06-28 20:30:06)

"The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation" - Barack Obama (a freshman senator from Illinios)
Turquoise
O Canada

LividBovine wrote:

Why would they want the hummer for military use?  You talking about the H1 or the H2?

Maybe it's the H3?
http://www.hummerguy.net/wp-content/PinkHummerH3_01.jpg
The H1.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hummer_H1

Like I said, it's a matter of patent law.
LividBovine
The Year of the Cow!
+175|6378|MN
Yeah, I what you were talking about, I just couldn't pass on the opportunity to post a pink hummer.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6714
Anything China does "in the name of _________" is a bullshit political stunt. You can't even fucking see past 100m in Beijing.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
LividBovine
The Year of the Cow!
+175|6378|MN

Cybargs wrote:

Anything China does "in the name of _________" is a bullshit political stunt. You can't even fucking see past 100m in Beijing.
I don't know, I thought I could see further than that.
https://www.gleasonworks.com/blog/BeijingBirdsNestSwimmingCenter.jpg

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard