ceslayer23
IN YOUR MIRROR
+142|6356|CLOSER THAN I APPEAR
http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf … l_for.html

Article wrote:

Shaquille O'Neal is going to be a Cavalier.

According to multiple team executives, the Cavs have agreed in principle to a trade with the Phoenix Suns to bring the four-time champion and future Hall of Famer to Cleveland. The team is hoping he is the biggest missing piece alongside LeBron James in a quest to win their first NBA Championship.

The Cavs will send the Suns veterans Ben Wallace and Sasha Pavlovic in a deal plus the 46th overall pick in Thursday's NBA Draft. It is a trade that has mostly financial incentives for the Suns as they stand to save around $9 million in salary and luxury taxes while the Cavs take on the final year of O'Neal's contract at $20 million. The Suns could save even more if Wallace accepts a retirement buyout as he hinted at the conclusion of the season.
Living outside of Cleveland and being a Cavs fan, I think this is great.  Two non-impact players + 46th pick in a shitty draft and change is a fucking steal.  Danny Ferry should be commended.  Maybe next year really will be our year.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6757

this is a joke
ICCULUS
Free Sam, Ban Finray.
+418|5420|Athens, GA
would be funny if they won. then lebron would be known as the guy who couldnt win a championship without shaq
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6593|Seattle

Don't be rapin'.
Sober enough to know what I'm doing, drunk enough to really enjoy doing it
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6757

sounds like lebron got what he wanted.  i bet it was his call tbh.
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6669|Cardiff, Capital of Wales
Is this the equivilent of a 'free' transfer? ie, no Transfer Fee involved?
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6533|Long Island, New York
And now he can share with Lebron the power of the Icy Hot patch.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6757

1927 wrote:

wat
Narupug
Fodder Mostly
+150|5592|Vacationland

1927 wrote:

Yes, no one's paying the Suns money to give shaq to the Cavaliers, but their are other players from the Cavaliers going that other way to the suns along with a 2nd round draft pick.
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6526|Boston, MA
Agreeing in principle doesn't mean shit. I remember in the trade deadline in the NHL. The Bruins and Ducks "agreed in principal" to sending Chris Pronger over to Boston. Well, look how that turned out.
ColCarnage
taw
+283|5590

Poseidon wrote:

And now he can share with Lebron the power of the Icy Hot patch.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6757

FrankieSpankie3388 wrote:

Agreeing in principle doesn't mean shit. I remember in the trade deadline in the NHL. The Bruins and Ducks "agreed in principal" to sending Chris Pronger over to Boston. Well, look how that turned out.
ya i duuno.  maybe shaq has to take a physical first?  you know, actually move and play basketball without breaking or straining something.  and if that is the case then this deal wont go thru.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6627|949

usmarine wrote:

FrankieSpankie3388 wrote:

ya i duuno.  maybe shaq has to take a physical first?  you know, actually move and play basketball without breaking or straining something.  and if that is the case then this deal wont go thru.
I'd say technicalities hold up maybe 1 in 10 trades.

This trade would be significant if it were still 2001.  Old man is old.  What did he play, 20 minutes a game last year and he missed the back end of back-to-backs.  Go arrest some criminals Shaq, because you sure aren't the basketball player you used to be.
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6377|the land of bourbon

usmarine wrote:

this is a joke
u mean championship...
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
ICCULUS
Free Sam, Ban Finray.
+418|5420|Athens, GA
well see
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6533|Long Island, New York
Carter got traded too? Damn
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6441|The Land of Scott Walker
Aw, now I can't watch the Cavs play anymore.  Oh well.
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6641
Orlando and New Jersey have agreed to a trade that will bring Vince Carter and Ryan Anderson to the Magic and send Tony Battie, Rafer Alston and Courtney Lee to the New Jersey.

Dont like the trade Vince is getting older, if they kept Battie, Alston and Lee they would have been better off. They should of tried to get someone else.

And in 2009, the list is illustrious, too: Kobe Bryant, Carlos Boozer, Allen Iverson, Ron Artest, Jason Kidd, Shawn Marion, Andre Miller, Lamar Odom and Rasheed Wallace can become unrestricted free agents this summer.
I would of went with Boozer, then Artest, or Odom then Racheed Wallace far more better players than Vince Carter...  excluded Kobey since he is gonna stay with the Lakers.

next year number of good players will be up for free agency....

2010 is not just the Summer of LeBron: It's also the Summer of Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh, Amare Stoudemire, Paul Pierce, Ray Allen, Tyson Chandler, Manu Ginobili, Richard Jefferson, Joe Johnson, Tracy McGrady, Yao Ming, Steve Nash, Dirk Nowitzki and Michael Redd
Bed Gordon is also unrestricted free agent this season he is up there too I would pick him...

Last edited by blademaster (2009-06-25 20:46:51)

usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6757

steelie34 wrote:

usmarine wrote:

this is a joke
u mean championship...
not
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6377|the land of bourbon
supposed to have a number, isnt he?